CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 3, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #26,071 of 31,845
My T2 Plus connectors are still fine, but I honestly do baby these IEMs and have never swapped cables. On balance, basic 2 pin is still where it's at (especially with reports of the plastic section of QDC connectors shattering and everything)

To be fair, they were decent on the stock cable but with KBEar copper cable it's like a wind wane. I'm not a fan of QDC connectors standard 2 pin is best but will prefer QDC connectors over mmcx tbh

Oct 3, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #26,072 of 31,845
Totally agree with your points. In fact, most of the budget Chi-Fi IEMs have mmcx connectors issue. I'll mostly avoid them in future in sub $100 price bracket.

Yet I've only ever had issues with 2 pin connectors. On the IEM on my LZ A6 Mini and on the cable on my Semkarch CNT-1 (Thankyou autocorrect for nearly making that a lot ruder than it needed to be...). Maybe I've been lucky with MMCX connectors so far - though I don't tend to swap cables much on the whole. Once it's on it's on til it dies...

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #26,073 of 31,845
Yet I've only ever had issues with 2 pin connectors. On the IEM on my LZ A6 Mini and on the cable on my Semkarch CNT-1 (Thankyou autocorrect for nearly making that a lot ruder than it needed to be...). Maybe I've been lucky with MMCX connectors so far - though I don't tend to swap cables much on the whole. Once it's on it's on til it dies...

How could you have two-pin issue on the CNT-1 when they are MMCX? :)

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #26,074 of 31,845
How could you have two-pin issue on the CNT-1 when they are MMCX? :)

Oh yes. So they are. So I've had a two pin issue on the A6 Mini, a borked cable on the CNT and another random 2 pin failure somewhere. Probably a sign I have too many IEMs...

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #26,075 of 31,845
Convincing them is one thing. If you bought this from Aliexpress, the shipping return costs will probably cost the same as the Tin T2 Plus itself, so not worth the hassle. Just leave a cable on it permanently, maybe u can tape the cable on also.

I'll probably not get any more Tin HIFI products which use MMCX connectors after this. In my book, they are in the same category as Urbanfun in terms of MMCX QC. A pity as the Tin T2 Plus sounds good. But it is nice to see the newer Tin HIFI gear uses 2 pin connectors, so I suspect they are aware of their MMCX problems. Maybe I'll give them another chance if reviews for their 2 pin gear is good, though the Tin P2 is way overpriced currently at launch price.
I have exactly the same problem that the left side is loose and turning around right from the beginning. I actually wanted to test t2+ with my other upgrade cables. However, after plugging in and out a few times it got worse and I left it with their stock cable. Everytime I use that guy, I'm being super gentle. I saw an online video showing how to fix the loose mmcx by putting such a tiny screw driver in the empty place of the ring of the male socket and slightly turning it to increase circumference of it so that it will hold it tight. However, I don't have such tiny screwdriver and I tried it with a knife and the connection got tighter a bit. I don't know if it's a good solution though.

So far only KZ's official seller on AE was quite nice to respond and sent me a replacement for left side easily. Showing this kind of issues on the video is also quite challenging sometimes and I don't like when the seller insists me to send them back the iem even though they won't able to open and fix it. I see they're using this argument to make you easily give up and they're playing stupid.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #26,076 of 31,845
I have recently been fortunate to have tested four superb new IEMs: the TRI i3, the Tin Hifi T2 plus, the BLON BL-05s and the Smabat NCO.
For the last week I have been listening to the Smabat NCO and I have to say that it is absolutely amazing. The timbre is authentic. Bass is deep, controlled and textured with lots of air and realistic decay. Mids are natural, transparent and open with great detail. Treble is extended and clean with good attack and resolution and no harshness. Soundstage is huge. Added to this it is extremely comfortable to wear and there is no fatigue. It is well made and has a good cable.
I think I am the only one so far to describe this IEM, but it is now right up there at the top for me and I consider it to be the finest single DD I have heard. Has anyone else heard this?

Oct 6, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #26,077 of 31,845
I have recently been fortunate to have tested four superb new IEMs: the TRI i3, the Tin Hifi T2 plus, the BLON BL-05s and the Smabat NCO.
For the last week I have been listening to the Smabat NCO and I have to say that it is absolutely amazing. The timbre is authentic. Bass is deep, controlled and textured with lots of air and realistic decay. Mids are natural, transparent and open with great detail. Treble is extended and clean with good attack and resolution and no harshness. Soundstage is huge. Added to this it is extremely comfortable to wear and there is no fatigue. It is well made and has a good cable.
I think I am the only one so far to describe this IEM, but it is now right up there at the top for me and I consider it to be the finest single DD I have heard. Has anyone else heard this?

I had it in my AliExpress cart forever but haven’t pressed the buy button. Worry that it might be redundant with UM MEST, NF Audio NM2+, Penon Volt, LZ A7 and Sony EX1000. I value realistic timbre so I am still curious about it. How’s the imaging on it?

Oct 6, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #26,078 of 31,845
I had it in my AliExpress cart forever but haven’t pressed the buy button. Worry that it might be redundant with UM MEST, NF Audio NM2+, Penon Volt, LZ A7 and Sony EX1000. I value realistic timbre so I am still curious about it. How’s the imaging on it?
Excellent. Classical recordings are very realistically portrayed with the various sections correctly placed.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #26,079 of 31,845

The shell design of the NCO seems very similar to the original TinAudio T2, which for me poorly.

Do you have the T2, and if so how does the fit compare?

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #26,080 of 31,845

The store graphs of the SMABAT NCO has a massive subbass roll off. Do you find that on actual listening?

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #26,081 of 31,845
The shell design of the NCO seems very similar to the original TinAudio T2, which for me poorly.

Do you have the T2, and if so how does the fit compare?
I have the T3 and T4 which are similar. The NCO is much smaller (10mm) and fits snugly. I have no problems with fit with either of the Tin models.

Oct 6, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #26,082 of 31,845
Hey,

I read a lot in this forum all the reviews etc and I chose the Fiio FD1 as my new in ears. The look, 2 pin cable (heard of T2 plus MMCX sometimes having issues over time) made the difference besides the good reviews.

I had 1more triple in ears before (not popular in this forum but maybe you know them).
The sound difference is insane but with my phone (Huawei Nova, will be replaced by Pixel 5 soon + usb ALC5686 DIY cable) the sound seems a bit dull, is it just me/my phone? Whats your opinion??

The amount of details I can hear is way better than with my old ones thats for sure, soundstage, bass, everything is better besides this litte dull feeling.
I got a Behringer UMC22 for my PC setup and the sound improvement compared to my phone is again insane but its again a bit dull but not as much as with my phone.
I normally use Philips Fidelio X2HR with v-moda boom pro cable for gaming with that Behringer.

Maybe I just need to get used to FD1?
Tin Hifi T2+ or the Moondropo Starfield were the other options which I had in mind.
Music preferences: mostly EDM (hardstyle, drum n bass, trance etc...)

20% of my inner me is regretting the choice of the FD1 a bit because of this... Please help! :triportsad:

Oct 6, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #26,083 of 31,845

I've had my eye on the Smabat... mainly as it looks so good, but now someone I trust stands by the sound... only one outcome (me being skint).

I actually just got a great deal on a like-new Shozy v33 which I know won't be a world-beater, but I love earphones with good musicality... Only £18. It looks awesome.

I've the HZSOUND Heart Mirror coming on Friday too (hopefully)... which funnily enough sounds like the exact opposite in signature to the v33.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #26,084 of 31,845
Little off topic but there's a DMP-Z1 sound mod coming for the A35/A45 if you're interested.

It's already here for the A55 and people say it sounds phenomenal.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-walkman-fw-mods.943661/post-15896939
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Installed the mod last night and noticed an immediate difference. Trialing it currently with the Tin t3s and the porta pros. The difference in sound quality is abundantly apparent in both. Bass is way tighter and the sound is less homogenized which must be what was detracting from the imaging and lack of pin-point centerstage I experienced with it stock (not that I ever disliked the way it sounded, but this is simply incredible for a free FW update).

Oct 6, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #26,085 of 31,845
I've had my eye on the Smabat... mainly as it looks so good, but now someone I trust stands by the sound... only one outcome (me being skint).

I actually just got a great deal on a like-new Shozy v33 which I know won't be a world-beater, but I love earphones with good musicality... Only £18. It looks awesome.

I've the HZSOUND Heart Mirror coming on Friday too (hopefully)... which funnily enough sounds like the exact opposite in signature to the v33.
The Heart Mirror sounds promising, I have seen it described as neutral. Please wait for more opinions before making a purchase, my preference is for neutral with a little warmth and natural timbre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back