CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 4, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,552 of 31,833
Hi,
Well, another time I think about Tennmak Pro wich are same type of wearing than the se215 but a little smaller perhaps, sound more airy and better imo, isolate pretty well too! For sleeping not exactly sure...but if he sleep with the shure I guess so. Cost like between 25-35$. Got a great detachable cable with them too. After 1 year of hardcore use mine have no problem.

May 4, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #2,553 of 31,833
Yep. That is all (Insert Dots Here OK):L3000:

May 4, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #2,554 of 31,833
Hi,
Well, another time I think about Tennmak Pro wich are same type of wearing than the se215 but a little smaller perhaps, sound more airy and better imo, isolate pretty well too! For sleeping not exactly sure...but if he sleep with the shure I guess so. Cost like between 25-35$. Got a great detachable cable with them too. After 1 year of hardcore use mine have no problem.

The Tennmak Pro is one of my most comfortable & noise isolating earphones to use while sleeping.
Usually, I wear most of my earphones & earbuds with the cable over-the-ear, for a more comfortable & secure fit.
But, having the cable being pressed between my ears and head while sleeping, tends to cause my ears to hurt.
So, a flexible cable that can "hang down" rather than "going up and over my ears", is a more comfortable solution for sleeping.

May 5, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #2,555 of 31,833
Hi,
I'm just starting to look into IEM's and could need some help. Would you be so kind and give me a recommendation?
I'm currently searching for some IEM's to play some competetive games on my PC (mostly CS:GO, Overwatch and NS2), where it is crucial to hear steps and pinpoint sounds - hence a big soundstage would be optimal.
My AKG K702 65th are perfect for that, but for different reasons, i would like to give my scalp some rest for a while.
I listen to almost every kind of music, but nothing too bass heavy.

Any clear winner for my needs between 1-30$?

May 5, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #2,556 of 31,833
Hi,
I'm just starting to look into IEM's and could need some help. Would you be so kind and give me a recommendation?
I'm currently searching for some IEM's to play some competetive games on my PC (mostly CS:GO, Overwatch and NS2), where it is crucial to hear steps and pinpoint sounds - hence a big soundstage would be optimal.
My AKG K702 65th are perfect for that, but for different reasons, i would like to give my scalp some rest for a while.

I myself don't like playing GO with IEMs because I'm a treblehead and all my even slightly bright headphones go crazy when switching to the knife. Really awfull sound. With what I already played a while is the Urbanfun. Most others in my posession weren't that well suited.
Just tested, the Urbanfun is good enough to locate targets in upper tunnels and upper mid while standing at x-box in Dust 2 without a dedicated soundcard (unfortunatelly my Steinberg UR22 mkII doesn't work with IEMs at all)
Anyway if you have a soundcard I'd recommend going for a budget overear set either ISK HF 2010 or my beloved Qpad Qh85 for semi-open use, HP 2011, Kingston HyperX, QH-90 for closed back.

Edit: The Memt X5 seems to work even better. I'd go with this one if the double flange fits you

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #2,557 of 31,833
Hi,

Awei Q7I, KZ-ATE, KZ-ED3 & KZ-ED9. GET ALL FOUR ON EBAY COMBINED LESS THAN 30 BUCKS. LOOK FOR THE CHEAPEST PRICE.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #2,558 of 31,833
Thx for your replies.
@Shinry I already have gorgeous over the ear headphones (AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition), so no need for budget ones.
I would also like to replace my Sony MH-750 (came with my Z3) with something better. I tried gaming with them once, but that was a horrible, muddy experience...

I also laid already eyes on the KZ-Ate, the boarseman CX98, Superlux HD381, letv reverse stereo (which i couldn't find anywhere) and also the SENDIY M2 (which would probably be the best, but which i also couldn't find anywhere except one place at 45€)

I guess i will just give the KZ-Ate a go and try them out

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,559 of 31,833
I also laid already eyes on the KZ-Ate, the boarseman CX98, Superlux HD381, letv reverse stereo (which i couldn't find anywhere) and also the SENDIY M2 (which would probably be the best, but which i also couldn't find anywhere except one place at 45€)

If you're able to order from Amazon.co.uk take a look at these: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Winintone-...UTF8&qid=1493998104&sr=1-1&keywords=winintone

Similar in design to the Sendiy M2 - v.good sound too

May 5, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #2,563 of 31,833
Thx for your replies.
@Shinry I already have gorgeous over the ear headphones (AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition), so no need for budget ones.
I would also like to replace my Sony MH-750 (came with my Z3) with something better. I tried gaming with them once, but that was a horrible, muddy experience...

You do your homework well! I was going to suggest you the Superlux HD381, i'm not a big gamer but these have a very good instrument separation and airy soundstage that could really be use well for representing gaming space in a exciting and realist way, they got bass too but it will not overwhelm details placement. KZ ATE have big soundstage too, but there not very detailed to my ears...and they got so much different version it's quite confusing! Letv lack in details too and aren't very balanced, but soundstage is immense.

May 6, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #2,564 of 31,833
haha, thx. I dug for hours through head-fi before ordering my AKG's. Although that was a much bigger investment, i don't like to buy something and then don't use it.
Still a little bit torn between the winintone Premium rg-eb601 (which i hope are the same as the sendiy and then would probably be the best out of all) which i could order from amazon, the MEE M6 Pro which i could also get from amazon and the Superlux which i would have to order from china and wait for weeks.
****ing first-world problems :D

May 6, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #2,565 of 31,833
haha, thx. I dug for hours through head-fi before ordering my AKG's. Although that was a much bigger investment, i don't like to buy something and then don't use it.
Still a little bit torn between the winintone Premium rg-eb601 (which i hope are the same as the sendiy and then would probably be the best out of all) which i could order from amazon, the MEE M6 Pro which i could also get from amazon and the Superlux which i would have to order from china and wait for weeks.
****ing first-world problems :D

Not heard the M6 but EB601 are better than Superlux. Order the M6 and the EB601 and send back the ones you like the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back