CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 14, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #24,256 of 31,833
Using gel tips

Gel tips? Do you mean silicone tips? You know what brand and bore size it is?

Most of us find that Spinfit CP100 (which has a narrow bore) boosts the midbass quantity of the BL-03. A wider bore spinfit like CP145 lowers the bass quantity.

May 14, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #24,259 of 31,833
While on that subject, is there a way to boost sub-bass?

Edit: I guess the CP145 would boost sub-bass relatively?

Edit 2: Has anyone tested the MH755 eartips on the BL03?

Subbass is generally better felt as a visceral rumble than heard, so in general, with a better isolating eartip (and quiet environment), I find subbass improves. Bass frequencies are usually the first to be lost in noisy places.

U can also possibly EQ to boost subbass (which I consider as 20 - 60 Hz), but for BA type bass, in general, they give less decay, move less air and have less subbass extension compared to DD type bass, and the bass decay/movement of air part can't really be fixed with EQ.

I don't really get a good fit with the MH755 eartips on the BL-03, but as all of us have different ear anatomies, it may very well suit you. No harm just trying them out on the BL-03, for all you know, it may be the eartip for you.

May 14, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #24,260 of 31,833
The kb100, zsx, c12, v90 isnt particularly an upgrade to BL03, i would call them as side grade with some have better edge on certain area (separation, technicalities) and some being better in tuning, timbre, bass texture etc. Just to choose between your preference.
If you have budget to $200 the ISN H40 have similar tuning to BLON with better in every aspect. Bigger grandeur sound with large soundstage, deep rumble bass but still so well balanced, more detailed yet non harshness

May 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #24,262 of 31,833
May 15, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #24,267 of 31,833
That is probably extremely tough to find since (To my knowledge anyway) the only IEM that do everything equal or better than the BL03 is the IER-Z1R. So within that budget you'd have to lose something over the BL03.

The one budget IEM that I'd probably want to go along with them is... well I STILL can't decide between the CCA C12, TRN V90 or BQEYZ KB100. The V90 being the bassiest I believe. You may notice that all of these are multi driver set which usually seems to be the approach to retrieving more details overall which is notably the one aspect the BL03 lacks.
I wonder if AS10 would be a good all BA pair.

I prefer c12 instead of AS10 for long session. C12 have a more crystal clear sound. AS10s have a darker sound and are larger IEMs. It depends on what you prefer. From my point of view, both are exceptional.

May 15, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #24,268 of 31,833
While on that subject, is there a way to boost sub-bass?

Edit: I guess the CP145 would boost sub-bass relatively?

Edit 2: Has anyone tested the MH755 eartips on the BL03?
Yes, I am using the large green tips from my MH755. I had great difficulty getting an acceptable fit with the BL-03, I changed the cable due to the angled connectors pulling the IEMs out of my ears. The smooth shiny surface affords no grip and the earpieces aare top heavy. I have tried dozens of different tips.The MH755 tips are quite large and have good grip. The BL-03 is still not perfectly secure in my ears, though! I hope the BL-05 on the way has a better fit!

May 15, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #24,269 of 31,833
Yes. Use an equalizer. KISS.
- Father, I do not have money in my pocket
- Use your equalizers, son!

If something is not there, it won't appear through some simple tricks :)

Also there are overtones that make timbre to sound "natural" (or unnatural, when distorted).

So the best where equalizers work is to tame a bit of treble, in my opinion/experience.

May 15, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #24,270 of 31,833
- Father, I do not have money in my pocket
- Use your equalizers, son!

If something is not there, it won't appear through some simple tricks :)

Also there are overtones that make timbre to sound "natural" (or unnatural, when distorted).

So the best where equalizers work is to tame a bit of treble, in my opinion/experience.
I agree, eq can fix tuning to some extent, but it isn't going to fix the harmonic resonances 1st order 2nd order etc, which is the timbre of an instrument. Basically what he said.😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back