CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 11, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #23,026 of 31,833
just let that country heal..i can't imagine having to experience that kind of situation in my city/country. i hope things would turn to the good in the nearest time

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #23,027 of 31,833
ER2XR seems great from what I've read but I'm looking for any other IEMs that would be "better" around that price tag, especially regarding soundstage which is said to be totally 2D for the Etys ER2.

Any recommendation?

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #23,028 of 31,833
ER2XR seems great from what I've read but I'm looking for any other IEMs that would be "better" around that price tag, especially regarding soundstage which is said to be totally 2D for the Etys ER2.

Any recommendation?
Moodrop Starfield

Feb 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #23,029 of 31,833
My Faaeal Hibiscus MMCX cable arrived today from AE. I fitted it to my Tin T4 and changed the tips to Spinfits (red bore). Wonderful sound! This cable is excellent, I have a 2 pin version I am using on my TRN BA5, sounds great on that as well.

Feb 12, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #23,030 of 31,833
In view of the coronavirus outbreak, I think I'll hold off on Aliexpress purchases for the next month or so due to anticipated delays. Any of you guys tried ordering stuff there recently? Any delays??

It's also good in a way, that we can use the next few weeks to consolidate and enjoy the gear we already have instead of going down the rat race of buying monthly (if not weekly) sidegrades/marginal upgrades.

Anyway I'm enjoying my current top 5 sub $100 sets the past few weeks, in order of preference:
1) KBEAR Diamond
2) NiceHCK M6 (with BGVP filters)
3) DUNU DM-480
4) Toneking Ninetails
5) Semkarch SKC CNT1

What's your vote for your top favourite budget CHIFI?

Digging them in real budget realm atm -

Bqeyz KB100
TinHifi T2
Tennmak Trio
**** Pro
Blon BL03

I'm actually confused between Dunu DM480 and Diamond so this is a good time (or not) to make a decision.

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #23,032 of 31,833
Is anyone a fan of the NiceHCK NX7 PRO? :)

I have found them to have a very clean sound, good construction and a really nice cable! :)

Even made a video unboxing and review about them

Not having the NX7 Pro but the "normal" NX7 with the faaeal Hibiscus litz cable + micropore mod (but prob too thick micropore alternative)

very pleasant sound, highly detailed and nicely punching bass, timbre also feels natural

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #23,034 of 31,833
I’ve been told government moved date until the 17th

China (which, as a reminder, has 20% of the world's population) has a pretty serious situation on their hands:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51449675

I have a few things on the way that I ordered before I had heard about the outbreak, however long it takes, I can wait, it's not that big a deal.

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #23,035 of 31,833
I’ve been told government moved date until the 17th

Linsoul replied to me saying the work is now going but it's cluttered for this week because of the huge delays. I hope they are not lying as usual :/ .

Feb 12, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #23,036 of 31,833
Is anyone a fan of the NiceHCK NX7 PRO? :)

I have found them to have a very clean sound, good construction and a really nice cable! :)

Even made a video unboxing and review about them

I am.. Very nice almost perfect bass (texture, decay, dynamic, depth, punch, tuning, tightness) regarding the price.
Even crin also praise their bass performance.

Very decent set around $100 with nice treble extension that trying to mimick high end Andromeda. But can be tiring for treble sensitive people.

Cable is a big steal. They worth half the price of total package.

Nice review btw!

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #23,037 of 31,833
Digging them in real budget realm atm -

Bqeyz KB100
TinHifi T2
Tennmak Trio
**** Pro
Blon BL03

I'm actually confused between Dunu DM480 and Diamond so this is a good time (or not) to make a decision.

DUNU DM-480 and Diamond are very different, though they are both dynamic driver setups. Between the two, DM-480 has better isolation and soundstage.
The DM-480 is a dual DD, and it actually sounds more like a multi BA setup in terms of resolution/technicalities than a traditional DD set. Meaning its technicalities/resolution are pretty close to some sub $50 multi BA sets, and trumps all my other DD sets in this area. Though unfortunately it also inherits the timbre/tonality of the traditional multi BA sets, so it's timbre and note weight is not as good as other DD sets.

The Diamond's technicalities are pretty good for a DD setup, but it excels at timbre/tonality, and has a similar sound signature to the BLON BL-03, though with improvements in technicalities, isolation, fit, timbre, tonality. Except it loses to the BL-03 in soundstage width, though the Diamond's soundstage width and height are deeper.

Both the Diamond and DM-480 have good subbass extension and quantity, though the DM-480's bass is linear, with no midbass bump typical of the BLON BL-03 and Diamond. Both Diamond and DM-480 have quite accurate and speedy textured bass, but the Diamond's note weight is thicker.

Both are U shaped, but if u are going for technicalities and details, or complex music, go for the DM-480. If timbre and accurate reproduction of acoustic instruments/vocals are more important, than go for the Diamond.

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #23,038 of 31,833
In view of the coronavirus outbreak, I think I'll hold off on Aliexpress purchases for the next month or so due to anticipated delays. Any of you guys tried ordering stuff there recently? Any delays??

It's also good in a way, that we can use the next few weeks to consolidate and enjoy the gear we already have instead of going down the rat race of buying monthly (if not weekly) sidegrades/marginal upgrades.

Anyway I'm enjoying my current top 5 sub $100 sets the past few weeks, in order of preference:
1) KBEAR Diamond
2) NiceHCK M6 (with BGVP filters)
3) DUNU DM-480
4) Toneking Ninetails
5) Semkarch SKC CNT1

What's your vote for your top favourite budget CHIFI?

For me it's:

1. Shuoer Tape
  2. KZ ED9 (bronze filter modded)
  3. NiceMCK M6 (BGVP custom filter modded)
  4. Kanas Pro
  5. Nine Tail (ED9 bronze filter modded)

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #23,039 of 31,833
For me it's:

1. Shuoer Tape
  2. KZ ED9 (bronze filter modded)
  3. NiceMCK M6 (BGVP custom filter modded)
  4. Kanas Pro
  5. Nine Tail (ED9 bronze filter modded)

Nice, I also like the NiceHCK M6 with the BGVP filters. The stock filters made the midbass too boomy and woolly, but with the BGVP filters, it is quite balanced, thick note weight but good timbre/details still.

I have always wanted to try the Shuoer Tape, but a lot of feedback here about the QC issues on it. You experience any problems in QC so far?

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #23,040 of 31,833
Nice, I also like the NiceHCK M6 with the BGVP filters. The stock filters made the midbass too boomy and woolly, but with the BGVP filters, it is quite balanced, thick note weight but good timbre/details still.

I have always wanted to try the Shuoer Tape, but a lot of feedback here about the QC issues on it. You experience any problems in QC so far?

warning from 10db+ peak on 3.5khz, thats my deal breaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back