CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #23,056 of 31,833
I tried the Pro a while back as well, and felt like you did about it - dark, quite muffled, very cheap sounding.

I just assumed I just got a bad pair, because I know a lot of people really like them and have good things to say about them. I ended up just giving them to one of my kid's school friends.

No it's not just you, that description exactly matches up with what I hear as well. Dark, blurry and muffled.

Granted there were two versions though. The one that Audiobudget reviewed and praised was the 2016 one. We pretty much all have the 2017 one.

I received my pair back in December and from reading those Amazon reviews I thought it was gonna be a dry, clear, analytical IEM. Turns out it was the exact opposite. It is moist, muffled, and incoherent sounding.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #23,057 of 31,833
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #23,058 of 31,833
I just got the cable to use the Tennmak Pro. Honestly I don't understand what people find so good about these IEMs. They're dark, muffled and with a lack layering. In general they don't sound that good in quality.

To this day I still haven't found anything that sounds as good or better than the Sony M1HC. Probably is just a personal taste.
I tried the Pro a while back as well, and felt like you did about it - dark, quite muffled, very cheap sounding.

I just assumed I just got a bad pair, because I know a lot of people really like them and have good things to say about them. I ended up just giving them to one of my kid's school friends.
No it's not just you, that description exactly matches up with what I hear as well. Dark, blurry and muffled.

Granted there were two versions though. The one that Audiobudget reviewed and praised was the 2016 one. We pretty much all have the 2017 one.

I received my pair back in December and from reading those Amazon reviews I thought it was gonna be a dry, clear, analytical IEM. Turns out it was the exact opposite. It is moist, muffled, and incoherent sounding.

The Tennmak Pro was one of the first earphones I bought, in the Summer of 2016, after reading recommendations here on Head-Fi.
Mine are definitely darker sounding than other earphones I've purchased - they do have a pronounced Mid-Bass hump, a somewhat recessed Midrange, but the Treble is OK (not as detailed as newer, more expensive models).

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #23,060 of 31,833
I have and love my zs6 iems, but I'm always on the lookout for something better.

So what would you call an upgrade?
If you like KZ, ZSX or ZS10 Pro, if you fancy a change TRN V90 or BQEYZ BQ3

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #23,061 of 31,833
I have and love my zs6 iems, but I'm always on the lookout for something better.

So what would you call an upgrade?

There's many CHIFI upgrades now compared to 3 years back when the ZS6 was first released. I quite liked the ZS6 except for the harsh treble, it was fatiguing and bothered me for longer listening sessions.

I think back then, a few CHIFI were guilty of boosting the upper mids and treble to get a "fake" sense of perceived details, but nowadays CHIFI tuning has markedly improved where they don't need to resort to such tactics. If u like a hybrid/multi BA kind, u can consider some sub $50 champions like the TRN V90, KZ ZSX, CCA C12 or TRN BA5. Dynamic driver type IEMs are another rabbithole.

Feb 15, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #23,063 of 31,833
anyone can help update as I didn't purchase any chifi a quarter back?
my most recent purchase are blon03 and trn v90?

any cool stuff that I should take a looky? Thanks

budget? and signature youre looking now? but expect slow delivery since they have problem with current outbreak situation

Feb 15, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #23,064 of 31,833
Feb 15, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #23,065 of 31,833
Thanks for that, I have just ordered some! The cable on them reminds me of the one on my Urban Fun Beryllium hybrids. Maybe there is a link there......

Cool case!

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #23,066 of 31,833
SE1 ain't too good IMHO but for £20 I guess it's just about half-decent, not a fan of these.

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #23,068 of 31,833
Is it just me or...

dibFKg5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back