CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 30, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #22,981 of 31,833
I'm surprised the Samsung AKG earbuds that come with the Galaxy phones don't get more traction around here. I own way too many flavor of the month under $100 IEMs and the Samsung earbuds are still my go to for many things.
i had a pair that came with my (current gen, flagship) samsung phone, and they really didn't impress me even compared to other cheap AKG iems i owned at the time (Y20U for example). also they did not last long at all, maybe not even a couple of months. yes they were better than earpods, but that is quite a low bar tbh.

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #22,982 of 31,833
I own the Blon 03 and love the sound signature. I don't own and have never heard the ****. Should I buy the SFR **** pro?
I have all three. BL-03 has excellent timbre, is V-shaped with a mid bass emphasis, it is fun and musical (if you can get a good fit!). **** is more neutral with a deep sub bass. Some find the treble tonality unnatural ( I have only occasionally noted this). **** Pro falls somewhere between the two. It retains the sub bass of the original, has a slightly recessed midrange, but the treble is cleaner and improved in timbre. The fit is excellent. I would choose it over the BLON, but do bear in mind you will need a powerful source to get the best out of them. They are also excellent for the price.

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #22,983 of 31,833
I have all three. BL-03 has excellent timbre, is V-shaped with a mid bass emphasis, it is fun and musical (if you can get a good fit!). **** is more neutral with a deep sub bass. Some find the treble tonality unnatural ( I have only occasionally noted this). **** Pro falls somewhere between the two. It retains the sub bass of the original, has a slightly recessed midrange, but the treble is cleaner and improved in timbre. The fit is excellent. I would choose it over the BLON, but do bear in mind you will need a powerful source to get the best out of them. They are also excellent for the price.

additional note the **** pro have more energetic trebles so they sounded brighter and more intense on high notes.

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #22,984 of 31,833
additional note the **** pro have more energetic trebles so they sounded brighter and more intense on high notes.
Agreed. They are much brighter than the BLON which has a rolled off treble, but they consequently have more detail.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #22,985 of 31,833
I'm surprised the Samsung AKG earbuds that come with the Galaxy phones don't get more traction around here. I own way too many flavor of the month under $100 IEMs and the Samsung earbuds are still my go to for many things.
i have an authentic pair--they're actually pretty refined, but i rarely have the urge to listen to it--it seems to have been tuned for maximum inoffensiveness, i.e. not too much bass or high end extension. i felt the same way about the (quite expensive) b&o h3 iems they bundled with lg phones

Jan 30, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #22,987 of 31,833
Is anyone here able to compare the **** or **** Pro with the TRN V90?

I have all of them,

they are very much different from V90

V90 slamming with deep punchy bass, v shaped signature while **** and **** pro have north of neutral sub bass and mid bass but nothing at level of v90. Both **** and pro have mid bass bleed but their sub bass texture is quite good and deep.
mids on **** and **** pro more forward and thicker and have more weight than V90, v90 mids are recessed
highs on **** a bit rolled off, on **** pro is very boosted, like v90 but sometimes harsher than v90 and prone to sibilance.
timbre on **** is very off, weird tonality. **** pro have better tonality, passable for me. V90 have a bit crunchy tonality on highs but i consider them very good for hybrids with BAs.
**** and the pro sounded very airy, soundstage is wide, imaging is good but V90 have slightly edge on depth.
isolation on **** and pro is weak because of semi open back design but for me, its a unique advantage.
separation and details quite good with all of them but if i want to rank it will be **** Pro > v90 > **** but different is subtle.
fit and build quality is better on V90

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #22,989 of 31,833
I have all of them,

they are very much different from V90

V90 slamming with deep punchy bass, v shaped signature while **** and **** pro have north of neutral sub bass and mid bass but nothing at level of v90. Both **** and pro have mid bass bleed but their sub bass texture is quite good and deep.
mids on **** and **** pro more forward and thicker and have more weight than V90, v90 mids are recessed
highs on **** a bit rolled off, on **** pro is very boosted, like v90 but sometimes harsher than v90 and prone to sibilance.
timbre on **** is very off, weird tonality. **** pro have better tonality, passable for me. V90 have a bit crunchy tonality on highs but i consider them very good for hybrids with BAs.
**** and the pro sounded very airy, soundstage is wide, imaging is good but V90 have slightly edge on depth.
isolation on **** and pro is weak because of semi open back design but for me, its a unique advantage.
separation and details quite good with all of them but if i want to rank it will be **** Pro > v90 > **** but different is subtle.
fit and build quality is better on V90
That's more or less how I hear them. I do like the treble on the V90. IMO, There should be a few more IEMs with the 30019 BA.

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #22,990 of 31,833
Is anyone a fan of KB Ear or TRI Audio around here? :)

eclein writes -I have the TRI I4 and love it, very easy to listen too....

Thanks for the input. This puts me even closer to pulling the trigger on the Starfields. I will probably end up ordering them in the next few days unless I come across something else.
eclein writes-
Let us know about the Starfields, I’m gonna wait a bit and would love to know your thoughts.

I didn’t know how to split the quotes...there are two responses, one for each quote.... I’ll learn.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #22,991 of 31,833
Is anyone a fan of KB Ear or TRI Audio around here? :)

Yes! I have KBEAR F1 and KB06 and TRI i4. They're all good. KB06 probably the best low price IEM, F1 a good single BA with balanced sound. TRI i4 is very nice with a well balanced sound and refined treble from its Knowles BA.

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #22,992 of 31,833
I didn’t know how to split the quotes...there are two responses, one for each quote.... I’ll learn.

Don't worry!

I'm quite happy you found happy in TRI I4 :)

Yes! I have KBEAR F1 and KB06 and TRI i4. They're all good. KB06 probably the best low price IEM, F1 a good single BA with balanced sound. TRI i4 is very nice with a well balanced sound and refined treble from its Knowles BA.

Also happy to hear that!

I also thought that F1 is downright amazing, the only downside I see right now is that the naming scheme is basically non-existent and that it is really hard to tell whether you have the latest F1 or an older one :)

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #22,994 of 31,833
Could you do a comp of the TRI i4 with the TRN V90?
V90 is V shaped with solid sub bass, mildly recessed mids and clean sparkly treble. It is quite small, well made and very comfortable. Basic set of accessories.It has 2 pin cable which is quite nice, better than those from KZ.
TRI i4 is possibly the best constructed of my IEMs. Beautifully made from CNC casting, MMCX connection. It is more balanced than the V90. Bass is well extended and slightly warm in tonality. Mids are neutral and with good detail and have a spacious quality. Treble is more reserved than the V90, but has very good timbre and detail courtesy of the Knowles BA. Nice set of accessories as well, including a good cable.

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #22,995 of 31,833
WG T-ONE or Starfield?
They are my finalists (Today), unless I can swing Tri I3’s!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back