CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 5, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #22,471 of 31,833
Is the Semkarchs bass similar to the mini? As in being tight and fast

Not as tight or as fast as the A6 Mini. The Semkarch has more pronounced upper bass/lower mids. I would say the Semkarch is more coherent and musical, especially for those who like male vocals. But for classical music the A6 mini is exceptional. The Semkarch with the gold filter is like a Blon 03 with a bit more muscle. IMHO.

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #22,472 of 31,833
Not as tight or as fast as the A6 Mini. The Semkarch has more pronounced upper bass/lower mids. I would say the Semkarch is more coherent and musical, especially for those who like male vocals. But for classical music the A6 mini is exceptional. The Semkarch with the gold filter is like a Blon 03 with a bit more muscle. IMHO.
Yeah male vocals are really recessed in the mini in comparison to the amazing highs and lows. That was the reason I was looking at some mid centric iems....and ended up getting the Hisenior T2

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #22,473 of 31,833
Yeah male vocals are really recessed in the mini in comparison to the amazing highs and lows. That was the reason I was looking at some mid centric iems....and ended up getting the Hisenior T2

I think that's exactly the reason I tend to pick up the Semkarch because of better male vocals. The A6 with its addition of BAs may well have better low mids than the A6 mini. Just a guess as I've never heard them. Has any one compared the A6 with the A6 mini?

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #22,474 of 31,833
Jan 5, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #22,475 of 31,833
Jan 5, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #22,476 of 31,833
The Spring 1s are for real. I got them last week and they quickly became a favorite. Even using the included tips.

Have the A6 minis on the way and am excited to check those out. Perhaps the OH10s next...

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #22,478 of 31,833
Bad Guy Reviews also loves the OH10 and Spring 1. They are in his top 10 MidFi video.

Which Spinfit eartips do you love with the TRN V90?

If here in Taiwan the OH10 and Spring 1 had the same price as Amazon, I'd probably jump on the Ikko soon. The way people describe their sound makes them sound (eh) like something I could really enjoy and very different from my current iems. The problem is that here I could buy the Spring 1 for 130$ (nice!) while the Ikko OH10 sell for 230$.....yikes. The only distributor is on the other side of the island so not easy to go there and listen to them in person.

I'm currently using the CP100 (yellow ones), large size. I did a lot of swapping and the CP100 and CP145 were my favorites, very close to each other but in my ears the CP100 were a better fit. I believe that if I owned a set of both and spent a lot of time at home testing them with different music, for some genres the CP145 may be pretty much the same, but one of the things I was looking forward to when buying new tips was to let the low end of the V90 show up a bit more, and the Cp100 L did that perfectly. I need to stress out that the most important step was moving from M size to L size. Changing the standard tips with CP100 M moved the driver a bit closer to my eardrums and improved the fit, but the biggest sound quality improvement was moving from M to L, due to the ideal (for my ears) isolation. Walking away from the store I couldn't hear people talking around me, and when I went to the bus station I didn't hear the announcement calling the arrival of my bus. It has never happened to me before with iems, only with headphones. The extra isolation and improved low end really gave me a new set of iems. My Kz Zsx benefited from Spinfit tips but not as much as the V90, I guess it's a matter of ear fit.

Unfortunately this means that I have a foot in the iem rabbit hole and one in the eartips upgrade one. Thank God I'm staying away from the cables threads :)

Sounds like you need a TFZ no 3 in your life

According to how people describe them, they do sound like something I could enjoy. Though my wife might disagree with the use of the term "need" xD

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #22,481 of 31,833
I'm loving the **** **** with Spiraldots. It's a worthy buy. I was on a review website and they gave them 3 stars and the **** Pro 2.5 stars. I guess upgrading isn't worthwhile?
I would take **** pro any time of the day because of very off timbre of the original ****. **** pro have much better timbre and acceptable with still all the goodness of the ****, better details, but they have boosted high. Both of them still suffer from mid bass bleed, but they have good sub bass for the price. Open and airy signature is still the same on the Pro. I cant see any downgrading section on Pro except the bright trebles maybe not for everyone. But i myself is a treble sensitive person and and i still can take them.

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #22,482 of 31,833
I bow to the JVC Spiral Dot. Whatever tips I buy, and I have a fair amount, I always return to the Spiral Dots (L). How amazing and how important is getting the right tip for oneself . How amazing that each person's ear architecture is different. Having the correct tip is as important as the IEM itself. It's quite a search.

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #22,483 of 31,833
I bow to the JVC Spiral Dot. Whatever tips I buy, and I have a fair amount, I always return to the Spiral Dots (L). How amazing and how important is getting the right tip for oneself . How amazing that each person's ear architecture is different. Having the correct tip is as important as the IEM itself. It's quite a search.

I used to be spiral dots addict but since i got sedna, they fit slightly better than already great fit spiral dots, and they dont smoothen trebles. Depends on the iem themselves of course but mostly I prefer the sedna earfit, the short one. Grab a pair and try them.

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #22,484 of 31,833
I used to be spiral dots addict but since i got sedna, they fit slightly better than already great fit spiral dots, and they dont smoothen trebles. Depends on the iem themselves of course but mostly I prefer the sedna earfit, the short one. Grab a pair and try them.
I use both sedna & spiral dots because I love both tips :ksc75smile:

Jan 6, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #22,485 of 31,833
Disclaimer: I don't think anybody should count my opinion in on their choice to buy the EA3, while I can do advanced research pretty well, I don't have the listening experience which would make my opinion valid to be taken into account. I'm am no audiophile and just enjoy good stuff : ) This hobby and platform is new to me, and I am not trying to give an image of a professional.

My EA3 has arrived today. It took them 25 days.
I think it's too early to write any official and serious impressions, however I do think that the bass doesn't satisfy me on a level which I wanted it to, that being said, they are far from bass light. They actually have a pretty impressive amount sub-bass.

My only previous earphones were the ones which came stock with my Samsung S8, and Brainwavz Delta earphones. I'll give these some break in time, and I'll give them more listening time, however I don't see any major difference between these and my previous earphones... which doesn't sound right, I must be doing something wrong. Maybe it's the fit or something else, but these didn't blow me away. Besides the soundstage which is noticeably bigger, I'll have to give them time to notice and hear other qualities of their sound.

They are definitely a bit bright, but I didn't find any major issues with that. I didn't feel any discomfort in my ears at 5:05 mark in "Stop trying to be God" from Travis Scott, which features the highest peak of Stevie Wonder's mouth harmonica.
The build quality is pretty good, I truly didn' find anything which made them feel cheap.
Sound isolation is pretty good, especially when you play music. I usually listen at extreme and unhealthy high volumes, and recently I have decided to tone it down since I'm pretty sure I caused some pretty nice hearing damage :D I didn't hear neither the vacuum in the house, nor anybody speaking to me. And this is just with the stock tips (the medium black ones which come with them as a "default").

I have major problems with getting them to sit comfortably in my ear. HOWEVER, this shouldn't discourage anybody from buying them. Why is that? Well, simply because I never owned an angled over-ear IEM before, so I am having issues positioning them in my ears. I don't know how to position the nozzle comfortably, I keep fidgeting around with them and pushing them in.. which I am not sure is doing any good. For me it is very awkward that the shell itself is just kind of floating around and isn't "fixed", but this might be a consequence of my previous straight nozzle, top-drop earphone style (like the KZ ED9 for example, or any stock phone earphones). The reason I keep pushing them in is because of the very awkward feel they have in my ears, it's like something is off, or I am just too paranoid about the fit

I am not sure which tips I like the best, I'll have to play around with them. The smallest ones seem to go the furthest, however I tested them dry (without the cable or music, just the shell). I have a pair of Comply T-400 (med), and another smaller pair of Comply tips.. I don't have the package around so I'm not certain of the model (both came with my Brainwavz Delta). One problem I have with Comply tips is that I have a hard and very awkward time taking them off. I am afraid of pulling them by the memory foam part since they squish to an extreme amount, and I'm also worried about ripping them. The only solution I found to this is to take a plastic, smooth pen cap and push the silicone off.

Edit: I just realized that my T-400 are not the same size, one is smaller than the other. idk if they came like that or whether I messed them up. I'm not sure if it's possible to mess them up this much, even the shape is slightly different

Overall seems like I'm facing some new things with IEM's, probably none negative, just need time to get used to them and how to use them. I need to listen to the EA3's closer, I am by no means an audiophile.. I have an average pair of ears and I don't seem to be able to realize the extreme detail of sound. I leave the audiophile information and listening to other people, which I have a very high amount of respect for.. but as much as I respect them, I will always give my average pair of ears opinion. And I'm pretty young, so it's not like I have the listening experience some of you guys have. I think I'll be able to get a better shot with them once I figure the out the fit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back