CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 2, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #22,321 of 31,833
oh wow. Thanks.
I didn’t know there was a new Blon on the way.
So “soulless” not a good sign. Darn. Well thanks for the heads up.
I’m gonna hold off for a bit then.

It is probably due to BA driver, I have cca c12 and blon 03 and I prefer blon over c12 all time since it sounds "lifeless and boring" for my taste, although separation and details are notable better in c12

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #22,322 of 31,833
Next to the BL03 most things do sound a bit soulless. It's like listening to a vinyl through big old floorstanding speakers, whereas the C12 is like listening to an MQA through really modern, superior standmounts. One is clearly better, but if you're of a certain age, it's so hard not to love the other more.

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #22,323 of 31,833
oh wow. Thanks.
I didn’t know there was a new Blon on the way.
So “soulless” not a good sign. Darn. Well thanks for the heads up.
I’m gonna hold off for a bit then.
Despite that person's impression Zpolt on youtube still likes the TRN BA5.

Maybe wait for Bad Guy Reviews opinion as well. It's coming out in a few days.

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #22,324 of 31,833
Despite that person's impression Zpolt on youtube still likes the TRN BA5.

Maybe wait for Bad Guy Reviews opinion as well. It's coming out in a few days.

yeah. Maybe you’re right. The only problem is I don’t trust that Zpolt guy or the Badguy dude.
I think I know who you’re talking about. Zpolt looks sort of like he’s phillipino. And the badguy is just a normal American white boy that lives in Japan?
They both come across as pitchmen to me. I really only trust non professional reviewers.
I mean I still read reviews but I take it all with a grain of salt. I know those guys have ulterior motives.

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #22,325 of 31,833
It is probably due to BA driver, I have cca c12 and blon 03 and I prefer blon over c12 all time since it sounds "lifeless and boring" for my taste, although separation and details are notable better in c12

thanks for your input. Well lifeless isn’t good. But I must say if you like the Blon03 then maybe we simply have very different tastes.
Because I really do not care for the Blons. They sound sort of muddy to me, and unclear.
Maybe because I’m old I don’t get bothered by a little treble. My high frequency hearing is probably diminishing.
if you’re young then maybe BAs sound too sibilant for you? Possibly?

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #22,326 of 31,833
Next to the BL03 most things do sound a bit soulless. It's like listening to a vinyl through big old floorstanding speakers, whereas the C12 is like listening to an MQA through really modern, superior standmounts. One is clearly better, but if you're of a certain age, it's so hard not to love the other more.

You are so right. As an 'oldie' I started on vinyl and the Blon 03 do give that throwback feel. That's why I prefer good DDs to BAs as they are more natural and even rhythmic to my taste.

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #22,327 of 31,833
Hey I’m 48. How old are you guys?
When I was a kid. The cool thing was the 8 track. My dad had an 8 track of the star wars music.
He would play it in his HUGE ass Cadillac. And i would just sit next to him on the center divider
Or arm rest. Without a seat belt of course. And just listen while he drove. I think it was 1977.
Then In the 80s that damn CD came around and ruined everything!!!
Hahahahaha. Those damn 80s. :wink:

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #22,328 of 31,833
You are so right. As an 'oldie' I started on vinyl and the Blon 03 do give that throwback feel. That's why I prefer good DDs to BAs as they are more natural and even rhythmic to my taste.
Maybe that's what that one Blon user meant when he called the BA5 soul-less. He prefers vinyl/tube sound to CD.

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #22,329 of 31,833
yeah. Maybe you’re right. The only problem is I don’t trust that Zpolt guy or the Badguy dude.
I think I know who you’re talking about. Zpolt looks sort of like he’s phillipino. And the badguy is just a normal American white boy that lives in Japan?
They both come across as pitchmen to me. I really only trust non professional reviewers.
I mean I still read reviews but I take it all with a grain of salt. I know those guys have ulterior motives.
ZPOLT lives in the Phillipines. BAD GUY is from Hawaii and is living in Japan which makes me wonder if he was in the military? I think he said he's an ESL teacher?

I think it's important to respect every reviewer and understand each of them are trying to run a side hustle while enjoying audio like the rest of us. It's important to take into account they have different abilities and interests. They also as you noted have different motives, which okay. To a point. :wink:

Just kick to the curb every reviewer you think cares more about the audio company than the audio fanatic.

If anything Audiobudget seems to be the most about the audio company than the fanatic as I don't see him actively trying to build a fan community around his website other than giving out sale codes for iems that just came out.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #22,330 of 31,833
I haven’t warmed to my BA5s yet. They just didn’t grab me and yes felt like something was missing or maybe no excitement. But that is just my initial impression and I need to tip roll some more and spend some time with them. I’ll try and spend some time and get back to you.
I was excited by Zpolt raving about them but felt like I was missing something.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #22,331 of 31,833
Today I shared my review of the Shozy V33 and V33 Pro together.

This is not Chi-Fi really since they're from Hong Kong, but they're cheap and good!

https://www.headfonia.com/shozy-v33-v33-pro-review/

Shozy-V33-3.jpg

Jan 2, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #22,332 of 31,833
Sorry! I've posted this in the help section!

Hey I’m 48. How old are you guys?
When I was a kid. The cool thing was the 8 track. My dad had an 8 track of the star wars music.
He would play it in his HUGE ass Cadillac. And i would just sit next to him on the center divider
Or arm rest. Without a seat belt of course. And just listen while he drove. I think it was 1977.
Then In the 80s that damn CD came around and ruined everything!!!
Hahahahaha. Those damn 80s. :wink:

In the 60s I had an 8 track. My car though was a Hillman Imp. It would have fitted in the boot of his Cadillac.
The trouble with some more modern, detailed, BA's is that they highlight detailed areas of focus on music tracks rather than give the organic, rhythmic intention of the track. I don't really like over highlighted details to overtake the balance and natural sound of the music.

Jan 2, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #22,333 of 31,833
LZ A5 is on sale for $110 ($100 if you take a few minutes to sign up two emails for referral credits).

Despite mixed reviews, I think this will be a good chance to snag them up if anyone was interested in it like I did. The seller LZ HiFi is cleaning out the stocks right now, like what happened with Semkarch CNT1. They might go even lower in the future, or running out of stock as a result. So yeah, let's rock some Honda wings in the new year!
Ps. I'm gonna paint the wings black eventually LOL.

Thanks for the find. It's still being sold at $270 USD at some places. I saw some reviews saying it was a bit hot in the treble, and I'm borderline treble sensitive, so I don't think it'll be my cup of tea.

Anyone has heard the LZ A5 here?
I like the LZ Semkarch CNT1 and though I don't have them, the LZ A6 mini and the A6 are getting lots of love in the CHIFI thread. Seems in comparison the A5 is not talked about that much.

Jan 2, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #22,334 of 31,833
In the 60s I had an 8 track. My car though was a Hillman Imp. It would have fitted in the boot of his Cadillac.
The trouble with some more modern, detailed, BA's is that they highlight detailed areas of focus on music tracks rather than give the organic, rhythmic intention of the track. I don't really like over highlighted details to overtake the balance and natural sound of the music.

Wow.....it's amazing...wish you long and happy life
I'm 48... I thought I'm too old for this hobby...

Jan 2, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #22,335 of 31,833
Thanks for the find. It's still being sold at $270 USD at some places. I saw some reviews saying it was a bit hot in the treble, and I'm borderline treble sensitive, so I don't think it'll be my cup of tea.

Anyone has heard the LZ A5 here?
I like the LZ Semkarch CNT1 and though I don't have them, the LZ A6 mini and the A6 are getting lots of love in the CHIFI thread. Seems in comparison the A5 is not talked about that much.

I had the A5. Loved it but also liked the A4 more. The A4 has tonnes of personality. The A5 is just... Extremely good.

I just stopped being excited by the A5. Still. Own the A4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back