CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 11, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #20,866 of 31,833
you can get the FAAEAL Hibiscus next
Maybe next sale when I have a better idea of what I like in IEMs. :p
You could remove some tips and get a more neutral and agile iem like the Tin T2, or nice earbuds like the BK2. You're also taking quite a risk with the not-yet-reviewed dt6pro imo, half of the ppl hated the **** with passion.

Was considering the T2, though I wasn't sure if they were different enough to BL03 to get. Might chuck them back in the cart. I realise the **** Pro is a risk, so I was also thinking maybe the TRN V90 instead which has reviews around, per @baskingshark suggestion for a bassier one. They suggested CCA C12 too but I'm having trouble picturing the differences between that and the V90 and I don't think I want both...

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #20,867 of 31,833
you can get the FAAEAL Hibiscus next
Thats my plan! I currently own the Blon-03 and the Shuoer Tape so hopefully I will own the hibiscus in the next day or two!

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #20,868 of 31,833
T2 is vastly different, it sounds colder in the mids and highs, and has much, much less bass (plenty for me but not enough for some)

It's bass is much more agile so it's able to keep up with fast tracks much better imo.

You don't seem to know what you want yet, so are bound to trial and error like all of us who don't have the chance to have a chifi store nearby :)

I'd say don't rush it, get one good all-rounder, well regarded set (t2 if you think you like more neutral sound, blon if you prefer more bass and a warmer sound, or both, won't have any issue selling either if you dislike them unlike obscure models) and evaluate from there?

In the past there was also the Moondrop Crescent to get a taste of Harman target on the cheap but it's discontinued and I don't think there's a succession yet (blon is more harmanish then not but with even more bass and elevated upper mids, at least that's how they sounded to me)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #20,870 of 31,833
Nov 11, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #20,873 of 31,833
I have the Blon BL-03, KZ ZSX, TIN T2, and TRN V80 in my Aliexpress cart. I’ve been very impressed with the Tennmak Pros, which is my only foray into “Chi-Fi”, thus far. Despite really not needing any more headphones, I’m very tempted to pull the trigger and have a grand shoot-out :ksc75smile:

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #20,874 of 31,833
I have the Blon BL-03, KZ ZSX, TIN T2, and TRN V80 in my Aliexpress cart. I’ve been very impressed with the Tennmak Pros, which is my only foray into “Chi-Fi”, thus far. Despite really not needing any more headphones, I’m very tempted to pull the trigger and have a grand shoot-out :ksc75smile:

I would cancel the V80 order as the others in your cart are superior. The V80 are very bright and the treble sounds artificial.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #20,875 of 31,833
Nov 11, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #20,877 of 31,833
Amongst all this 11/11 madness it might be worth while checking this out:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-2038...y+cromo&qid=1573476506&sprefix=Lindy+c&sr=8-1
Throw on a set of large Spiral Dots (the nozzles are very short) and enjoy! £12.99. Insane!

Oh yes, the Lindy is great. The tip choice will depend on your ears. I certainly would not use a large and I have no Spiral Dots.

I have medium Auvios on mine... which I think @Slater has called the poor man's Spiral Dots.

R0015957.JPG

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #20,879 of 31,833
Oh yes, the Lindy is great. The tip choice will depend on your ears. I certainly would not use a large and I have no Spiral Dots.

I have medium Auvios on mine... which I think @Slater has called the poor man's Spiral Dots.

I have large ear canals so need the large size, but yes, wide bore tips are the way to go. For those who have not heard it, the Lindy has a massive soundstage and a warm/neutral tuning with a gently rolled off treble. It is really musical and draws you in.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #20,880 of 31,833
I have never heard of that model.

Very nice warmish tonality, lovely harmanish curve without any peaks. I remember I bought a pair around the time the KZ ZST came out which I also bought. Soon afterwards I bought another 6 or 7 Quadbeat 3 and never got another KZ since.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back