CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 22, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #20,401 of 31,833
I always think the BLON BL-01 is very same iem than NICEHCK EP10.
Any graph of those 2 so i can know the truth???

I would like to know. I have the EP10.
I'm curious myself. But I do remember somebody mentioning that he/she considers BL-01 an EP10 upgrade. Can't remember who it was or in which thread.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #20,402 of 31,833
I'm curious myself. But I do remember somebody mentioning that he/she considers BL-01 an EP10 upgrade. Can't remember who it was or in which thread.

I remember too but I was never sure if the person had both. Also do we know for sure which model was created first? EP10 or Blon BL-01.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #20,403 of 31,833

My EP10 pair is defective....so, even if i kinda like stock sound, I get annoy by the defect in one side. anyway, there were too much sub bass, to important drop in upper mids-lower highs and this tend to make treble spike sound unatural and invasive in some track. But it add air as well in soundstage, wich was the big PLUS for me. Vocal was quite nice too...now, compared to BL-03 its way more unbalanced and U shape but a little upepr treble spike would have been nice with it too (without the crazy drop of EP10)

BL-01 sure look crazy bargain, we need a graph ASAP to give them more credibility!!

EP10:
10214201_thumb.jpg

BL-03:
BL-03-1024x498.jpg

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #20,404 of 31,833
BL-01 appeared after the BL-03 on AliExpress. It was only available on one store when I pulled the trigger on it.

The sensitivity is totally different to that quoted for the EP10 and what my ears hear is very different to the graphs posted there and the descriptions I have read of the EP10.

The BL-01 is tuned quite close to the Tin T2, in that it isn't a basshead IEM by any means. Timbre is on a par with the BL-03. Soundstage is very "intimate" but instruments are located very precisely. I know there was a guy who said that the EP10 sounded like a £20 IEM and the BL01 sounds like £100. He is overstating the case for the 01 but it's definitely worth mentioning in the same breath as the usual £30 suspects. Probably not as good as any but close enough given the price difference. They're also really sensitive so play nicely as a "plug in and go" with a phone as a source. I rate them as better than the **** (Too shrieky) and the MH755 (Too woolly) but everyone's ears and tastes are different. Definitely the bassheads should ignore it but if you find the Tin T2 bass adequate when amped up, the BL01 will be fine.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #20,405 of 31,833
BL-01 appeared after the BL-03 on AliExpress. It was only available on one store when I pulled the trigger on it.

The sensitivity is totally different to that quoted for the EP10 and what my ears hear is very different to the graphs posted there and the descriptions I have read of the EP10.

The BL-01 is tuned quite close to the Tin T2, in that it isn't a basshead IEM by any means. Timbre is on a par with the BL-03. Soundstage is very "intimate" but instruments are located very precisely. I know there was a guy who said that the EP10 sounded like a £20 IEM and the BL01 sounds like £100. He is overstating the case for the 01 but it's definitely worth mentioning in the same breath as the usual £30 suspects. Probably not as good as any but close enough given the price difference. They're also really sensitive so play nicely as a "plug in and go" with a phone as a source. I rate them as better than the **** (Too shrieky) and the MH755 (Too woolly) but everyone's ears and tastes are different. Definitely the bassheads should ignore it but if you find the Tin T2 bass adequate when amped up, the BL01 will be fine.

Damn! Look VERY interesting. I mean, in this price range, any gems is more than welcome. Soundstage scare me, but easy driveability and mostly 03 kinda a timbre and less bass (03 have a little too much sub bass for me and isnt that well controled) hook me. Did it have at least some mid bass punch. Would you say they are more neutral or mid centric or ?

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #20,406 of 31,833
euh............
there a CONSPIRACY around the BL-01....its not findable anymore!

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #20,407 of 31,833
Fairly neutral I would say. There is probably a bit of a spike somewhere in the low treble as they sound pretty detailed in the highs. Bass is more fast and punchy than plentiful. Until they burn in bass guitar and bass drum blend together a bit more than I would like but it does clean up a bit.
I notice you own the Tin T2. If you like that then the BL01 will suit you. In the same way the Sony MH755 sounds a lot like a Blon BL03 but somehow "cheaper" the Blon BL-01 sounds like a lower budget Tin T2. I've actually got them in my ears right now. They're not the best headphone I own. They are the ones I listen to the most.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #20,408 of 31,833
Fairly neutral I would say. There is probably a bit of a spike somewhere in the low treble as they sound pretty detailed in the highs. Bass is more fast and punchy than plentiful. Until they burn in bass guitar and bass drum blend together a bit more than I would like but it does clean up a bit.
I notice you own the Tin T2. If you like that then the BL01 will suit you. In the same way the Sony MH755 sounds a lot like a Blon BL03 but somehow "cheaper" the Blon BL-01 sounds like a lower budget Tin T2. I've actually got them in my ears right now. They're not the best headphone I own. They are the ones I listen to the most.

Great! well, you convince me, i love the T2, especially mid range....but it look like the BL-01 arent for sale anymore, on ALi at least.

Any link where to buy them?

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #20,409 of 31,833
Great! well, you convince me, i love the T2, especially mid range....but it look like the BL-01 arent for sale anymore, on ALi at least.

That sucks. No sign of them on Ali. Maybe TaoBao if you know how to buy on there.
I'd offer to sell you mine, but... No. These are MY Blon BL-01.

Edit - Yeah, they are on TaoBao but I can't read Chinese. I've PM you the link as I'm not sure about the rules.
Edit 2 - shallow fit eartips complaint with the 03 applies to the 01 too. Spiral Dots sound AMAZING on them.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #20,410 of 31,833
euh............
there a CONSPIRACY around the BL-01....its not findable anymore!

That sucks. No sign of them on Ali. Maybe TaoBao if you know how to buy on there.
I'd offer to sell you mine, but... No. These are MY Blon BL-01.

Edit - Yeah, they are on TaoBao but I can't read Chinese. I've PM you the link as I'm not sure about the rules.
Edit 2 - shallow fit eartips complaint with the 03 applies to the 01 too. Spiral Dots sound AMAZING on them.
I actually talked about it with the seller from LuckLZ Audio Store, and they should have a batch of BL-01s in time for 11.11.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #20,411 of 31,833
I actually talked about it with the seller from LuckLZ Audio Store, and they should have a batch of BL-01s in time for 11.11.

Oh wow. Seeing them disappear has made me think I need a spare pair. I listen to music I like. I listen to music I don't like so much. That to me is a sign of liking the reproduction equipment. Not to mention that I plugged them in when I got home at 7pm. It's nearly 10pm and I haven't moved.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #20,412 of 31,833
Looking for something to listen on the go. The last IEM I got was the KZ ZS6. I was looking at Tin T2 and Blon BL03. Everyone was raving about the T2s and now they sound boring and lack baas. The Blon 03 is hot currently but they need a new cable. That's basically what I gathered so far. I don't know what to get. Anything better in that price range?

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #20,413 of 31,833
since you're familiar with the KZ sound
KZ Z10 PRO or KZ ZSN PRO

There's their CCA cousins as well
Like the CCA C10

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #20,414 of 31,833
Looking for something to listen on the go. The last IEM I got was the KZ ZS6. I was looking at Tin T2 and Blon BL03. Everyone was raving about the T2s and now they sound boring and lack baas. The Blon 03 is hot currently but they need a new cable. That's basically what I gathered so far. I don't know what to get. Anything better in that price range?

What source are you using? What sound are you after? Fwiw the Tin T2 is neither boring nor lacking in bass if properly driven and fitted with good tips (ideally foams). As for the cable on the 03, I have no issue with the stock (though I have changed cable for something a bit heavier now.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back