CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 21, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #20,386 of 31,833
Mine is not funny looking. My Semkarch looks beautiful!

10359446.jpg
what kind of music do you like to listen with them?

Oct 21, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #20,387 of 31,833
Yes but I have had no problems with them before, I just think the orders are huge

Never had a problem with them either and usually very fast that's why I thought some grouped shipment might have been lost by the carrier. Good to hear it's still coming though, I'll contact them if you get yours and I don't get mine.

Oct 21, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #20,388 of 31,833
Never had a problem with them either and usually very fast that's why I thought some grouped shipment might have been lost by the carrier. Good to hear it's still coming though, I'll contact them if you get yours and I don't get mine.

There is always the possibility that it was never sent and now will be because he contacted them. Maybe you should contact them now.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #20,389 of 31,833
what kind of music do you like to listen with them?

I do not use different iems for different genres.... I happily listen to all of my music with any of them. I listen to everything except EDM, Rap or Metal.

Edit: also I use daps, a dap with a portable amp, or my desktop setup. I used mostly FLAC on microSD cards or on my PC. I don't use a phone and I don't stream. All my choices are listed in my profile. Obviously I have too much so nothing ever gets as much time as I would like to give it...especially as I also love earbuds as much or more than IEMd. Probably more....

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #20,390 of 31,833
What if someone can only afford the $5 Sony MH755, and they can’t afford $30 Blons? That’s 6xs higher cost, and as good as the Blons are, they’re not 6xs better than the MH755.

The MH755 hype is totally justified. Name one earphone that’s better for the same $5. There isn’t one.

If the MH755 is the only option for a poor student or teenager, then I say it’s a damn good one. Especially if it introduces them to the audiophile world instead of the ocean of Skullcandies and dollar store garbage they’re probably used to.

Missed this. The Blon 01 is £10(ish) not £30. Totally different kettle. There's also not the same amount of fakes kicking around, and while I'm sure some people got lucky on £5 MH755s my genuine ones cost more like £9 posted. My MH750 I got a genuine pair for £5... But also a pair of fakes for £4. Total outlay £9 again.

Sure, if I knew that every pair of MH750/55 out there was genuine of course it makes a compelling argument for itself. It isn't a bad IEM and at £5 it's a steal. For me the £10.26 I spent on my BL01 is even more of a steal, especially as both my Sonys ended up being £9! £25ish on a BL03 - maybe harder to justify if funds are tight.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #20,391 of 31,833
There is always the possibility that it was never sent and now will be because he contacted them. Maybe you should contact them now.

Would the tracking number be in the China Post and Royal Mail systems if it had not been sent?

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #20,392 of 31,833
Would the tracking number be in the China Post and Royal Mail systems if it had not been sent?

Is it in the Royal mail system? Maybe the # is legit if that is the case....

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #20,393 of 31,833
Is it in the Royal mail system? Maybe the # is legit if that is the case....

Yes, they have the tracking number and it says the same as on Ali/China Post, left the country of origin or something like that.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #20,394 of 31,833
Yes, they have the tracking number and it says the same as on Ali/China Post, left the country of origin or something like that.

I am remembering what used to happen when something was not sent but we were given a tracking number. At some point they would say that unfortunately the item had been returned to them and would be resent. It has been a long time since that happened and I have no idea which store or stores did it. Probably not the ones we are currently using. I

tems from our favorite stores tend to take less than 10 days now to reach the UK.

Not sure how long my Blon took. I ordered mine when it was first announced, before we even had photos of it.... when it was meant to be a mystery. I think it arrived fairly quickly.

I just can never figure out how something can be in the air for weeks... lol.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #20,395 of 31,833
I am remembering what used to happen when something was not sent but we were given a tracking number. At some point they would say that unfortunately the item had been returned to them and would be resent. It has been a long time since that happened and I have no idea which store or stores did it. Probably not the ones we are currently using. I

tems from our favorite stores tend to take less than 10 days now to reach the UK.

Not sure how long my Blon took. I ordered mine when it was first announced, before we even had photos of it.... when it was meant to be a mystery. I think it arrived fairly quickly.

I just can never figure out how something can be in the air for weeks... lol.

I think it was the store who took orders for a heavily discounted BGVP DM6 who did that but I might be wrong.

9 to 15 days is the average speed for me, I am not worried about it, at worst I'll get my money back and I'll get a BL-03, this one or another, not that I actually need it but quite curious about the price to perfomance ratio.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #20,396 of 31,833
I am getting a gift for primarily Death Metal, with a side of Synthwave. I don't know a lot about this topic but as I understand a fairly neutral like Tin2 would be great for Death Metal, however I need something with more bass or the Synthwave will sound thin.

The things that seem important based on the glossary: sub bass response, fast/snap/transient response, articulation, flat frequency and also maintaining clarity at higher volumes will be important, while isolation is not a specific concern.

Would BLON 03 be a good choice, or should I look at something else?

Yeah the 03 should be a pretty good shout. It doesn't have the heaviest bass of all but it goes properly deep. Tin T2 is quite bass light even for metal, though Foam tips and a decent amp does alleviate this a bit. Semkarch CNT-1 has more bass again if you can still find it. That said the Blon 03 does seem to dig up odd sub bass harmonics that the Semkarch doesn't. It's hard to explain. You can't really hear it or feel it but you somehow know it's there. It's likeable just a bit surprising.

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #20,397 of 31,833
I am getting a gift for primarily Death Metal, with a side of Synthwave. I don't know a lot about this topic but as I understand a fairly neutral like Tin2 would be great for Death Metal, however I need something with more bass or the Synthwave will sound thin.

The things that seem important based on the glossary: sub bass response, fast/snap/transient response, articulation, flat frequency and also maintaining clarity at higher volumes will be important, while isolation is not a specific concern.

Would BLON 03 be a good choice, or should I look at something else?

I don't listen to metal at all, but the BLON BL-03 is somewhat harmanish tuned, not exactly flat though. I would describe it as a mild L shaped sound signature. The midbass is of more quantity than the subbass too. I find the BLON BL-03 does distort at the midbass frequencies with higher volumes on a lowend source, but in general if u have a good amp/source, that can mitigate the distortion somewhat. YMMV.

I didn't get the Tin2 as reviewers said the bass is light (and I'm a basshead), but it seems some headfiers here use a vent mod to boost the bass, might be worth reading up on it.

one day my Blon 03 will turn up, just have to content myself with BGVP DH3 till the magic day

Haha since @mbwilson111 has a BLON BL-03, why not just borrow her's to see if the hype is real. But u might probably never return it to her again after that LOL.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #20,398 of 31,833
Haha since @mbwilson111 has a BLON BL-03, why not just borrow her's to see if the hype is real. But u might probably never return it to her again after that LOL.

Too late now... that would take the edge off his anticipation. The time to listen to mine would have been when it first arrived or at least before he ordered one. I think he forgot I had it.

Too busy listening to his own stuff.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #20,399 of 31,833
I always think the BLON BL-01 is very same iem than NICEHCK EP10.
Any graph of those 2 so i can know the truth???

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #20,400 of 31,833
I always think the BLON BL-01 is very same iem than NICEHCK EP10.
Any graph of those 2 so i can know the truth???

I would like to know. I have the EP10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back