CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 26, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #2,011 of 31,841
Hey guys can anyone recommend the best immersive, punchy and fun iem's under $20? I listen to a lot of hip hop and currently have some KZ HSD1's that I really like.

I did ask a couple of months ago but my HSD1's are now on the way out and I know there are new releases from China all the time.

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #2,012 of 31,841
Hey guys can anyone recommend the best immersive, punchy and fun iem's under $20? I listen to a lot of hip hop and currently have some KZ HSD1's that I really like.

I did ask a couple of months ago but my HSD1's are now on the way out and I know there are new releases from China all the time.

Urbanfun, Hisoundaudio Flamenco, Senzer H1, KZ ZS3, maybe ZST, Tennmak Dulcimer

All of the above are fairly punchy

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #2,013 of 31,841

LG Quadbeat 3 for under $10 is a no brainer IMO.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #2,014 of 31,841
So many options in here... it seems there's an abundance of bargain earphones of quality these days. The T2, 4in1, HI905 all sound promising.

Anyone want to advise me if my priorities are wide soundstage, tight bass, and ergonomics (something that is comfortable and stays in the ear)?

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #2,016 of 31,841
  So many options in here... it seems there's an abundance of bargain earphones of quality these days. The T2, 4in1, HI905 all sound promising.

Anyone want to advise me if my priorities are wide soundstage, tight bass, and ergonomics (something that is comfortable and stays in the ear)?

According to the ones you mentioned, go with the UiiSii Hi-905. ....All of the above plus a 3D-like sound signature that will blow you away.
etysmile.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #2,017 of 31,841
@1clearhead , how is the UiiSii Hi-905 soundstage frontal depth and layering? It seems that many here just go for wide soundstage but think that it`s all about soundstage and forget about frontal depth and layering. 
I for example don`t want just "stretched" soundstage in width and crave for rather better frontal depth and layering. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #2,018 of 31,841
  @1clearhead , how is the UiiSii Hi-905 soundstage frontal depth and layering? It seems that many here just go for wide soundstage but think that it`s all about soundstage and forget about frontal depth and layering. 
I for example don`t want just "stretched" soundstage in width and crave for rather better frontal depth and layering. 

Yup! They are pretty good! For example, the SENDIY M1221 and the MEMT X5 does this really well! But, the UiiSii Hi-905 adds the extra width and 3D-like effect to them. The only reason they don't top my M1221 and X5 is that it can get sibilance or harsh with certain genre's or songs.

But overall, if you like the 4in1's, you love the Hi-905's!

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #2,020 of 31,841
It wasn't a manufacturing flaw, I broke them accidentally.

Buy the Cellos from tennmak as they're a better version of the pros; same.signature but more refined. Message Tony before ordering explaining what happened with your Pros and my guess is that'll he'll probably stick a replacement in with your Cellos (don't quote me on that though). He's by far the best seller I've dealt with on Ae.

If you wear the Cellos up they'll also fit deep enough in your ears to wear under a helmet too.

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #2,022 of 31,841

I love the Urbanfun Hifi earphones.. Tennmak Dulcimer are also pretty nice.
I also use them for hiphop. Especially the Urbanfun hifi have a punchy bass, and really clear mid's and high's

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #2,023 of 31,841
LG Quadbeat 3 for under $10 is a no brainer IMO.

Thanks, can you recommend a seller? There seems to be a lot of fakes about 

I love the Urbanfun Hifi earphones.. Tennmak Dulcimer are also pretty nice.
I also use them for hiphop. Especially the Urbanfun hifi have a punchy bass, and really clear mid's and high's

Urbanfun, Hisoundaudio Flamenco, Senzer H1, KZ ZS3, maybe ZST, Tennmak Dulcimer

All of the above are fairly punchy

Thanks for the suggestions!  Is it best to pick up the Urbanfun's from Aliexpress?

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #2,024 of 31,841

Thanks, can you recommend a seller? There seems to be a lot of fakes about 

Thanks for the suggestions!  Is it best to pick up the Urbanfun's from Aliexpress?

You don't say where you are, so I'll assume USA. If you need 'em quick, as it's New Year in China, then cheapest from amazon.com is $35 Foxpic.

Ali is a good source but you'll probably get the compact package version

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #2,025 of 31,841

You don't say where you are, so I'll assume USA. If you need 'em quick, as it's New Year in China, then cheapest from amazon.com is $35 Foxpic.

Ali is a good source but you'll probably get the compact package version

Sorry, I should have said - I'm in the UK. 

Does the compact package version come with fewer tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back