CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 25, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,982 of 31,833
I don't see anyone talking about the Urbanfan Hifi earphones. I think these are amazing!

This review is also praising them to the sky: http://earphoneking.com/urbanfun-hifi-review/

What do you guys think of them? They easily beat the Rock Zircon's and others by far.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,983 of 31,833
  Had a feeling you'd chime in with this suggestion.  I second it and personally feel at it's price range it's one of the more balanced options.  There will be no concern of the bass ruining the signature.

I'm nothing if not predictable
rolleyes.gif
 W1 Pro for cheapo sports option, FXH30 because it's simply the #$%^, B3 Pro 1 for balanced option, and the list goes on....
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #1,987 of 31,833
  W1 pro for €7???? damnnnnnnn....., FXH30 a bit over budget, B3 pro2 for ¥260 if original seems ok.
How about Zircon rock (the sports 1), is it any good?

W1 Pro is awesome for the price. FXH30 was only noted because I've mentioned it once or twice
tongue.gif
 in the past in other threads as a good sub-100 USD earphone. It's 100% wrong for your needs though. I personally love the Pro II.

Haven't tried anything from Rock, but if the sports model is anything like the regular Zircon I would expect it to be a bass cannon.

B9, I cld've missed, Has kz ATE with mic been recommended already? ........

Not that I know of. The ATE-S with memory wire might meet his needs, but I haven't heard that particular variant and don't know how bassy it is first-hand. ATE is great though!

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #1,988 of 31,833

W1 Pro is awesome for the price. FXH30 was only noted because I've mentioned it once or twice
tongue.gif
 in the past in other threads as a good sub-100 USD earphone. It's 100% wrong for your needs though. I personally love the Pro II.

Haven't tried anything from Rock, but if the sports model is anything like the regular Zircon I would expect it to be a bass cannon.

I dont like the design of W1 pro, but for €7, what the heck, and just order 1. I think the black 1 is not that bad.
Too bad for Zircon Rock Sports, as I think the design is ok, but I dont want to have a headache because of the bass.

Now, continue with the quest for budget Chinese over ear headphone & also wireless gaming / movie headset

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,989 of 31,833
  I dont like the design of W1 pro, but for €7, what the heck, and just order 1. I think the black 1 is not that bad.
Too bad for Zircon Rock Sports, as I think the design is ok, but I dont want to have a headache because of the bass.

Now, continue with the quest for budget Chinese over ear headphone & also wireless gaming / movie headset

I am unsure if you have tried the Ausdom M08 (their warmer sounding wireless over-ears, the red version has better stock pads IMO.) I use these only on movies and they do that job, being warmer sounding, fairly well. I use other cans for music, but these are super light, don't get hot.. I feel they work very well for movies, gaming I haven't tried, but I will use them tonight instead of my M-100's and if you want I can comment for you tomorrow.

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #1,990 of 31,833
I was hoping I could get a rec towards an IEM that fits just like Shure SE215, these fit me like a glove. I am looking for a more hip-hop/edm centric set, more or less I am wanting sub-bass to be a factor, with over-ear wire fit. My se215 were fake (the blue limited edition ones, purchased on amazon), but it was definitely the same shell, and Shure told me they don't recommend putting them in to my ears again as they felt unsafe glues and such could have been used in manufacturing the knock-off's.

I really enjoy a dark-smooth sound over bright/sibilance. These would be primarily for use while cutting grass so water-resistant is a must. (example, HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 is my favorite sounding iem at the time) I tried the Mee Sport-fi M6 and while the bass I want is there, the treble is too much for how loud I turn it up while the mower is on.

Edit: Also tried KZ Ate, which was good, except didn't hold out the mower sounds even with comply tips. I do have amps I can use if a set needs an amp to meet my needs as well.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,991 of 31,833
I am unsure if you have tried the Ausdom M08 (their warmer sounding wireless over-ears, the red version has better stock pads IMO.) I use these only on movies and they do that job, being warmer sounding, fairly well. I use other cans for music, but these are super light, don't get hot.. I feel they work very well for movies, gaming I haven't tried, but I will use them tonight instead of my M-100's and if you want I can comment for you tomorrow.

Ausdom M08 looks good, and even better as it can be wired also. on taobao also only €30ish, which is still ok.
Yes please comment, how is it for gaming & the clarity/ loudness of the microphone
thanx

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #1,993 of 31,833
I was hoping I could get a rec towards an IEM that fits just like Shure SE215, these fit me like a glove. I am looking for a more hip-hop/edm centric set, more or less I am wanting sub-bass to be a factor, with over-ear wire fit. My se215 were fake (the blue limited edition ones, purchased on amazon), but it was definitely the same shell, and Shure told me they don't recommend putting them in to my ears again as they felt unsafe glues and such could have been used in manufacturing the knock-off's.

I really enjoy a dark-smooth sound over bright/sibilance. These would be primarily for use while cutting grass so water-resistant is a must. (example, HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 is my favorite sounding iem at the time) I tried the Mee Sport-fi M6 and while the bass I want is there, the treble is too much for how loud I turn it up while the mower is on.

Edit: Also tried KZ Ate, which was good, except didn't hold out the mower sounds even with comply tips. I do have amps I can use if a set needs an amp to meet my needs as well.

Sounds like the Tennmak Pro might fit what you're looking for.

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #1,994 of 31,833
Sounds like the Tennmak Pro might fit what you're looking for.

Agreed.

Also, To.M, I've heard that recent pairs of the W1 Pro don't sound as good as the originals

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #1,995 of 31,833
hows Fiio EX1 compare against some the other sub 100, iem
The Fiio ex1 sound very good with an airy soundstage given the way it is vented. Reasonably well balanced (everything is there) but the highs stand out for me and I can see why some would think them too harsh. Not a bass heads earphone. Also not for someone looking for isolation. Personally, I prefer my trinity Vyrus. If you're looking for more clarity, then look at some of the hybrids like the Magaosi K1 which is my current favorite. Between this and the Vyrus my EX1 hasn't been getting much play lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back