CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #1,966 of 31,833
These are the one i used so far
Sennheiser HD206 love it for the price
Akg K518 I also love it but on ear & no inline mic
Philips cityscape SHL5905 not bad but I only had it for few weeks as I lost it on the train, however I believe for some reason for sound quality I like the previous 1.
Regarding genres thats complicated, I love hip-hop & rock, but rather than only powerfull bass, I prefer clear & crisp sound, so I can also listen to instrumental / opera too.

Ps: so far from ali & amaz I like the design of Riwbox in5 & intone cx-05, both around €25ish

Ha I just drafted along those lines (headphones) but after seeing responses from our buddies I deleted and suggested for o-t-e earphones........lurk was correct.:) better to stick around with our own mind lol.....jk.

so yeah you need the good bass (not bass head) decent mids and crispy highs. But My bad I cant steer you to right direction due to my lack of my knowledge over entry level chi-fi HPs. but now that you will see more recs pouring in.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,967 of 31,833
Hi,
I am considering IEMs for use with my Xperia Z3 like Beyerdynamic Byron, Sony MDR-EX650, or may be more expensive
Sennheiser Momentum M2 In-Ears if they are worth their higher price ... Do you have any experience with them? Thank you.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #1,968 of 31,833
  Hi,
I am considering IEMs for use with my Xperia Z3 like Beyerdynamic Byron, Sony MDR-EX650, or may be more expensive
Sennheiser Momentum M2 In-Ears if they are worth their higher price ... Do you have any experience with them? Thank you.

Hi, this is a thread specifically for Chinese IEMs rather than the Western brands you mention (although 100% certain they'd be made in China)

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #1,969 of 31,833
It's almost 1 month that I have the Rock Zircon and i'm simply impressed, now that they are at their top, they are just so good that 's ridiculous that they cost so few money!
Thanks alot for this thread because helped me alot!

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #1,970 of 31,833
Hi all, I have the GR07s and am very pleased with the sound signature. (happy with the amount of bass it gives)
I prefer balanced sound reproduction.
However I am looking to upgrade to another earpiece that reproduces sounds that way.
Are there any recommendations?

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #1,971 of 31,833
  Hi all, I have the GR07s and am very pleased with the sound signature. (happy with the amount of bass it gives)
I prefer balanced sound reproduction.
However I am looking to upgrade to another earpiece that reproduces sounds that way.
Are there any recommendations?

I used to have a pair of GR07 but my memory of their sound signature is a little hazy. Based on what you're saying though.

XE800 (same driver as GR07)
Mannhas E170 
Ty HI-Z G3 - more treble and soundstage than XE800

The Urbanfun might be a suitable hybrid although it has more bass it's still fairly measured. I sure there will be other recommendations such as the Havi Pro (not tried) 

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #1,972 of 31,833
  It's almost 1 month that I have the Rock Zircon and i'm simply impressed, now that they are at their top, they are just so good that 's ridiculous that they cost so few money!
Thanks alot for this thread because helped me alot!

I don't think I've ever seen a recommendation for the Rock Zircons in this thread. IMO there are far better options out there.

Jan 24, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,973 of 31,833
I think this thread and t'other IEM thread has a tendency to get hung up on hybrids, I know I have. My experience has been that hybrids seem to miss out on soundstage to a degree.

I've been recently going back through my collection as I've needed to write up some stuff for my website. I have say I've been impressed with a number of single dynamics during my trawl back through. I certainly feel that earphones like the Boarseman CX98, Einsear T2, Cello, Senzer H1, Ty G3 and XE800 show that there is some life left in the single DD format.

With that in mind I've ordered some Ivery V3 to try them out.

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #1,974 of 31,833
  I think this thread and t'other IEM thread has a tendency to get hung up on hybrids, I know I have. My experience has been that hybrids seem to miss out on soundstage to a degree.

I've been recently going back through my collection as I've needed to write up some stuff for my website. I have say I've been impressed with a number of single dynamics during my trawl back through. I certainly feel that earphones like the Boarseman CX98, Einsear T2, Cello, Senzer H1, Ty G3 and XE800 show that there is some life left in the single DD format.

....Keep us notified how they sound once you get them.
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #1,975 of 31,833

Do you have al of these?
If yes, how would you compare them esp T2 and CX98 to the H1 and XE800

Jan 25, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #1,976 of 31,833

Do you have al of these?
If yes, how would you compare them esp T2 and CX98 to the H1 and XE800

I tend to keep a pair if I like them a lot or have an intention to sell them. I have about 50+ different pairs of Chi-Fi IEMs, although I sent the Cello back because I prefer a brighter sound and had no intention to retail them. I could see why it was liked though just didn't suit me.

I've only just started but I've been trying to write up reviews on my website having moved my shop wholly to eBay. I started the reviews partly because I don't 100% agree with one sites ramblings, rating the Rock Zircons higher than the Urbanfun and 4in1 for instance. It's also to promote good lesser known offerings which will include some I don't retail. It's very much a work in progress though.

You should be able to find me with google if you were to try. 

....Keep us notified how they sound once you get them. 
beerchug.gif

I will, although because I'm a member of the trade I will probably just say 'others should try them' if they're any good. Going to source quite a few others as material for my review site, obviously if I stumble across some good ones I'll end up flogging them myself. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #1,977 of 31,833
Ok, guys, previously I asked about full size, and from another forum at headfi and the web, I think i will go with takstar hd5800 (if I can find it).
Now, I need another recommendation.
I want sports earphone with some kind ear hook or something to make it stays on my ears.
Again, im looking for something with:
- inline mic
- balanced, not too powerful bass, that i can only hear the bass
- and reasonable price, lets say max €25-30? because takstar hd5500-5800 only Y299, so I dont see the reason to buy more expensive than this if I ony going to use it during gym time.
On the previous page Griffith recommends Havi B3 pro & Vsonic GR07, unfortunately Havi doesnt have ear hook, and Vsonic is overbudget, on taobao the cheapest is Y599
Thanx

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #1,978 of 31,833
Ok, guys, previously I asked about full size, and from another forum at headfi and the web, I think i will go with takstar hd5800 (if I can find it).
I want sports earphone with some kind ear hook or something to make it stays on my ears.
- inline mic
- and reasonable price, lets say max €25-30? because takstar hd5500-5800 only Y299, so I dont see the reason to buy more expensive than this if I ony going to use it during gym time.
On the previous page Griffith recommends Havi B3 pro & Vsonic GR07, unfortunately Havi doesnt have ear hook, and Vsonic is overbudget, on taobao the cheapest is Y599
Thanx

Check vsonic vsd2si......has all the bells & whistles you lookin for like, its a native over the ear for sports activity and comes with stock ear-guides and the sound.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/vsonic-vsd2si-mic-version/

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #1,979 of 31,833
- inline mic
Thanx

The B3 does come with a set of ear guides;

They work well. Another option that would fall well under budget, though they may also be a touch bassy, is the QKZ W1 Pro;

Built fairly well, solid sound quality, memory wire, and cheap enough to not have to worry about breaking or losing them while working out.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #1,980 of 31,833

The B3 does come with a set of ear guides;

They work well. Another option that would fall well under budget, though they may also be a touch bassy, is the QKZ W1 Pro;

Built fairly well, solid sound quality, memory wire, and cheap enough to not have to worry about breaking or losing them while working out.

Had a feeling you'd chime in with this suggestion.  I second it and personally feel at it's price range it's one of the more balanced options.  There will be no concern of the bass ruining the signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back