CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 24, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #19,921 of 31,833
Most iems need a lot of tip rolling till I'm happy, some just work and I do appreciate that

Definitely. I love when the stock cable or tips work perfectly as well. But I don’t stress about it and lose a wink of sleep when they don’t!

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #19,922 of 31,833
I have no problems whatsoever with the idea of having to fiddle about with a pair of IEMs in terms of tips, cable, etc., in order to get the best out of them, as long as what I am doing isn't random. There are just too many permutations to be endlessly swapping about, hoping for nirvana, unless I am aiming in a specific direction - e.g., needing longer (as opposed to merely different) tips because the nozzles are short. Certainly not up to doing anything involving taking the things apart, soldering, etc., though. But happy to spend a few extra quid judiciously. In hi-fi terms these IEMs are staggeringly cheap, so no point "spoiling the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar".

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #19,923 of 31,833
Good "tips". As for the way you are describing the cello, it is possible that you have not yet found quite the right tips for it. No one has mentioned sources ... or I have missed it if they have. I wonder if these do better with something other than a phone.
I don't know, I tried a million tips and sold them when I decided they were too bass forward for me. They worked best with large as possible bores to the detriment of some harmonics in the 6-8k region
Source wise I had mention dragonfly 1.2, +100ohm attenuator, and straight out of google pixel 3a.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #19,924 of 31,833
Good "tips". As for the way you are describing the cello, it is possible that you have not yet found quite the right tips for it. No one has mentioned sources ... or I have missed it if they have. I wonder if these do better with something other than a phone.

They definitely like an amp.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #19,926 of 31,833
What do you think are the best IEMS to listen to rock music, indie, punk rock, heavy metal ...?

That's the majority of what I listen to too. I like the musicality of the Blon BL-03 but the Tin T2 is also a good shout. The Tin is lighter and faster in the bass and more detailed. The Blon rocks harder.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #19,927 of 31,833
Let me crown thee with this piece of art :))

Thanks.. for introducing me to this artist.. Don't know them before..

Sorry if it is OOT.. I would like to promote a genius Indonesian guitarist.. Alip_Ba_Ta

Day by day he live modestly as a warehouse forklift driver. But he is blessed with a beautiful gift. And to make it related to our hobby.. This is acoustic recording done purely and minimally in hi own rent house/room without any studio involved. So it is good to test how the upper mid tuning.

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #19,928 of 31,833
That's the majority of what I listen to too. I like the musicality of the Blon BL-03 but the Tin T2 is also a good shout. The Tin is lighter and faster in the bass and more detailed. The Blon rocks harder.

Thank you very much for the recommendations!

I was just consulting, because the TIN T2 is among my options to buy, but I read that it was more advisable to listen to jazz music than rock music.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #19,930 of 31,833
Looks like there is a new Auglamour model out. Wonder if it is better than their previous model?

Auglamour.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000200564991.html?

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #19,931 of 31,833
The QDC thing is very freaking old now...just die already. Horrible concept that I don't feel was needed. Its not like we were all talking about how crappy cables were, and that it would be great if all IEM manufacturers would somehow devise a horribly bulky and seemingly delicate nub protruding from the IEM. Its not like we were all wishing for some really cheap looking clear plastic connectors on all our cables.

Were we?

Is life just passing me by?

Get of my LAWN! ???!

Soorry. Just having a moment. Men get grumpy when they get older.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #19,932 of 31,833
QUESTION - For anyone else who has the HiFi BCD X10 (with the 6mm micro driver) - What other small & inexpensive (~ $30 - $40) micro driver earphones would you consider to be equal to, or better than, the X10?
I've recently disassembled the Right (wired as Left) X10 earphone (to see about re-wiring the set, without a Mic), and while they can be pulled apart without damaging the driver & probably be reassembled - I'm not sure I'll be able to get a good airtight seal when pushing the drivers back into the shells (I don't have any 6mm donut seals, with adhesive on both sides).

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #19,933 of 31,833
The QDC thing is very freaking old now...just die already. Horrible concept that I don't feel was needed. Its not like we were all talking about how crappy cables were, and that it would be great if all IEM manufacturers would somehow devise a horribly bulky and seemingly delicate nub protruding from the IEM. Its not like we were all wishing for some really cheap looking clear plastic connectors on all our cables.

Were we?

Is life just passing me by?

Get of my LAWN! ???!

Soorry. Just having a moment. Men get grumpy when they get older.

After seeing that photo, I was just getting ready to say that.

I see no clear advantage to the Paragraph C/QDC connector, and as you pointed out it adds additional bulk.

Unfortunately, it seems we’re stuck with it, and it continues to grow in popularity with manufacturers.

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #19,934 of 31,833
After seeing that photo, I was just getting ready to say that.

I see no clear advantage to the Paragraph C/QDC connector, and as you pointed out it adds additional bulk.

Unfortunately, it seems we’re stuck with it, and it continues to grow in popularity with manufacturers.

its like qdc looked at how good recessed 2 pins are and said "you know what, we're gonna subvert expectations and make a worse connector by reversing the port style into the protruded 2 pin connector"

Sep 25, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #19,935 of 31,833
No one has mentioned sources ... or I have missed it if they have. I wonder if these do better with something other than a phone.
Yeah, many totally forget about source/amp and just "bash" since they have no good matchup with gear (or tips).
They definitely like an amp.
Good to know. I hope my DX5X has enough juice for them as KPE works wonderfully :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back