CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #19,936 of 31,833
Not aware of the dx5x but all of my amps power it easily. A phone drives it plenty loud enough, but all the DD stuff I've got tightens up a bit with moar powweeeeeeer.

All sources seem much of a muchness to me where bitrate is equal though.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #19,938 of 31,833
That's the majority of what I listen to too. I like the musicality of the Blon BL-03 but the Tin T2 is also a good shout. The Tin is lighter and faster in the bass and more detailed. The Blon rocks harder.

"rock music, indie, punk rock, heavy metal" is close to my main listening. I have a BL-03 on the way, and already have a CNT-1.

What would you say is the best for indie rock, post punk, and prog rock in the sub-50 range? Still the BL-03? What about $100?

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #19,939 of 31,833
Picked up my Blons from the post office this morning. First impression, with my new standard tips and a balanced 8-core Kinboofi cable on the stellar E1DA 9038S USB DAC: 25€?! ... you must be kiddin' me!

IMG_20190925_133538-01.jpeg

Can't remember the last time any phone wowed me right out of the box like those critters. I took some hours off, went through a good number of test tracks and they sound like they've been just made for my ears - tonality, bass, clarity, soundstage, imaging and layering even with busy tracks, everything sounds just so effortless and natural and the rather analytical 9038s seems to help quite a bit to let those DDs shine that way.

From the nitpicking department:
- on the Sonata DAC or headphone outputs of my PC or smartphones the bass gets a bit bloaty with the low freq structures and imaging suffering, no such issues on the powerful low-impedance output (~0.05 Ohm) of the 9038S - these membranes apparently need some tight control to really shine.
- some ever so slightly shouty upper mids on the phones and the Sonata but that's gone on the 9038S as well.
- some of the worst driver flex of any of my IEMs even if I insert them very carefully (pulled down earlobes)
- those plastic connectors. Damnit, why not stick with a standard, time tested two-pin design???

Other than that color me seriously impressed, now it's on to the burn-in, or rather extended listening time since I enjoy them that much already.

Thanks to everyone here who recommended them - much appreciated!

BTW ... couldn't help it and ordered a third set - shoot them while they last.

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #19,940 of 31,833
Edging ever closer to buying a pair of the Blon BL-03s. One thing which I'm wondering whether might tip me towards the Tin Audio T2s, though, is use with a Bluetooth adapter. I recently bought a pair of Bluetooth wireless earphones, Akamate B2s, whose convenience I really like, even though the sound is not up to the standard of my KZ ATEs. It seems, though, that I can buy a Bluetooth adapter which will allow me to effectively convert wired IEMs to wireless, as long as they have detachable cables. I've seen one which has MMCX connections, which I presume means I could use it with the T2. But are there any good, affordable ones out there which I could use with Blons?

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #19,941 of 31,833
Picked up my Blons from the post office this morning...

- some of the worst driver flex of any of my IEMs even if I insert them very carefully (pulled down earlobes).

1st time I’ve heard this. They have a front vent, which should eliminate any driver flex. Perhaps your vent is blocked or clogged?

Sep 25, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #19,942 of 31,833
1st time I’ve heard this. They have a front vent, which should eliminate any driver flex. Perhaps your vent is blocked or clogged?

I think every review I have read of these mentioned the driver flex, it is not an isolated case.

Sep 25, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #19,944 of 31,833

I think every review I have read of these mentioned the driver flex, it is not an isolated case.

they do have some driver flex, sometimes only - mostly on right piece, tfz no 3 are more often with my ears.

Sep 25, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #19,945 of 31,833

Good to know! I haven’t really seen or read any reviews on the Blon. Just what’s been discussed on HeadFi.

Sep 25, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #19,946 of 31,833
Have ordered BL-03 hope I receive them unlike my CNT-1! Coz CNT miss is very hard to digest after their discontinuation. Judging by impressions here, hope BL-03 are able replacements! The long wait begins!

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #19,948 of 31,833
Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #19,949 of 31,833
I desperately wish that your statement is true! Amen to that. Do you have VS7? If yes then how do they compare to them? Just curious.
i dont have the VS7 but the Blon is killing the Semkarchy, it is more natural and realistic, especially in the mids and treble, CNT1 is great with bass boost though, very fun and punchy

Sep 25, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #19,950 of 31,833
i dont have the VS7 but the Blon is killing the Semkarchy, it is more natural and realistic, especially in the mids and treble, CNT1 is great with bass boost though, very fun and punchy

Natural and realistic is what I am looking for. Thanks for your opinions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back