CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 14, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #19,308 of 31,833
Don't know if anyone knows much about these are they are pretty old (like 2012 lol). Got them USED for £4.99 with box and all accessories from eBay... Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass Earphones 012 Black. Got myself a wee bargain. Actually sounds a bit like the CNT-1, just bass is a bit looser (but deeper) so it loses a bit of resolution in comparison. Maybe closer to the Moondrop Crescent? Quite cool looking. Nozzle is tiny so finally can use the foams i got with my Brainwavz B150/200

IMG_20190814_231603.jpg IMG_20190814_231547.jpg

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #19,309 of 31,833
Aug 14, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #19,311 of 31,833
Don't know if anyone knows much about these are they are pretty old (like 2012 lol). Got them USED for £4.99 with box and all accessories from eBay... Phonak Audéo Perfect Bass Earphones 012 Black. Got myself a wee bargain. Actually sounds a bit like the CNT-1, just bass is a bit looser (but deeper) so it loses a bit of resolution in comparison. Maybe closer to the Moondrop Crescent? Quite cool looking. Nozzle is tiny so finally can use the foams i got with my Brainwavz B150/200

This is my favourite IEM for along time, still have it with replaceable pin mod. You can get a pretty close to diffuse field sound with grey filter.

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #19,314 of 31,833
Aug 14, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #19,315 of 31,833
Nothing is a necessary buy.
Sure it is, if the reviews are good.
I am a Head-Fi-A-Holic! :wink:

Except for Monoprice headphones. Why support a company turning every OEM product into their own when I can support a real audio company that only makes earphones?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #19,316 of 31,833
Can we start a petition for Oxford to add Sony's logo next to the definition of "evil"? Because what they have done is that -- pure evil.

Just tried the newly arrived MH755.

How can someone make a pair of earphones that sound so good at that price, and make them with an F-cable that is too short to be used anywhere without an extension? What sick, twisted mind came up with this? Is this some kind of social experiment by Sony? The only way this could've been more evil is if MH755's cable ended with a proprietary connector, and only Sony sold compatible extension cables, $100 each, or something like that.

Seriously, though. These sound great to me: pretty well balanced sound with almost nothing missing, except for perhaps maybe a bit of the lower sub-bass (which is missing from a lot/most of earphones anyway) and a bit of sparkle in the upper end. Also, the mids are rather forward so at times they can be a little shouty. Still, for $7, the sound coming from these is nothing short of a miracle.

However, I'm not at all convinced of the existence of the "burn-in" phenomenon, or, to be more precise, that it leads to any audible change, so I doubt the mids will "calm down" with time.

Nonetheless, like I said, these are still a ridiculous bargain, their price/performance ratio is off the charts.

I like my MH755s too but find the J cable a pain to use. I think the MH755 was originally bundled for use with Bluetooth recievers like Sony SBH20, SBH50, and SBH52, so that explains the short cable. I've resorted to using an extension cable for now, cause I ain't too hands on like some of our friends here who recabled or added an MMCX connector to their MH755s.
It is great sound for the price of a Starbucks coffee, I like the harman tuning and the tonality of instruments.
Not sure if Sony came up with the tuning by fluke, but if they added a proper (detachable) cable, they would be swimming in cash lol.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #19,317 of 31,833
This is true. I got them quite some years ago with SBH50.

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #19,318 of 31,833
I am expecting my CNT anytime now as it has landed in my country. Will post my impressions for your scenario as I do own a BT20s. Currently, I'm using Tennmak Trio (red filters)+BT20S+Hybrid Silicone knockoffs as my traveling+gym setup and it sounds simply oomphtastic!

I intend to use CNT as a backup to my incoming VS7.
Me also pulled the trigger and ordered them today .Excited to try them.

Aug 16, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #19,319 of 31,833
Is the Monoprice MP80 still a necessary buy if we own its semi-twin the Semkarch CNT-1?

Not in my opinion. It's very well built but not as comfy even tho near identical. Not sure what it's called (if anything) but when I move my head either up or down it's like it adds pressure and the sound becomes 'muddy'(?). I get the same with the Audiosense AS20. I use it with foams or small silicons to alleviate that. Sound wise the MP80 has bit more weight (even firmer) and closer to neutral, depends on filter. Def brighter which gives tiny bit more detail. I much prefer the CNT-1. Unless you get a good deal like i did I wouldn't pay more than £25

Aug 16, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #19,320 of 31,833
I got the SHE7050... bit brighter sounding than the 755 but easy to like. I got the very manly multi coloured ones... didn't think they'd be even brighter in appearance than the pics on Amazon lol. All I need now is a pink DAP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back