CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 10, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #18,331 of 31,849
Received the EZAudio X3 today. On the one hand, they seem to have fixed their QC/channel matching issues.
On the other hand, how many people heard the D4 and said "You know what would make this better? MORE UPPER MIDS."
I love presence but this is just too much.
EZAudio X3.jpg

Jun 10, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #18,332 of 31,849
@Wiljen, slightly off topic but between the simgot em1, em2 and en 700 pro which do you prefer the most?

Oddly enough, I'm kind of partial to the EM1 as the most listenable of the bunch. The other two have a bit more treble energy than I really enjoy for long listening sessions.

Jun 11, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #18,333 of 31,849
Received an email this morning from Amazon, saying that the shipper had declared the package as lost.
So, I contacted Amazon, and they issued a refund --- they couldn't process a replacement, since it's being sold by a 3rd party seller, and Amazon doesn't have access to their stock quantities.
It was still in stock - so I've reordered the F1.
Should be here sometime next week.

Turned out that my set of F1 were apparently delivered sometime on Sunday, and I found the package outside my door this morning, as I was heading to work.
Once at work, I put them on my NiceHCK 16-Core 2.5mm TRRS to MMCX cable, and connected them to my Little Bear B4-X, with my Onkyo DP-X1 as the source.
They've got good, clear Midrange & Treble, but not as much Bass as either of my other Balanced Armature earphones (Remax RM-600M & NiceHCK DT100).

Jun 11, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #18,335 of 31,849
Turned out that my set of F1 were apparently delivered sometime on Sunday, and I found the package outside my door this morning, as I was heading to work.
Once at work, I put them on my NiceHCK 16-Core 2.5mm TRRS to MMCX cable, and connected them to my Little Bear B4-X, with my Onkyo DP-X1 as the source.
They've got good, clear Midrange & Treble, but not as much Bass as either of my other Balanced Armature earphones (Remax RM-600M & NiceHCK DT100).

Wow... could those be the "lost" ones and now another will appear?

Last night, after leaving my F1 to burn in for a couple of days, I felt like there was a good amount of bass. Might be my imagination. I can compare to my Moondrop Nocturne. My husband has the DT100 but he is at work and I don't know where it is. We can compare at some point. Last night I did not want to take them out of my ears. Everything just sounded right... using it straight out of the Cayin N3. Before that, I was enjoying it out of my desktop dac/amp.

I am using the stock cable and am happy with that.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #18,336 of 31,849

I've been researching the Etymotic types with the 3mm nozzle. Since the Kbear F1 (KB Ear F1) is shaped similarly with the single BA (I think that is correct), can someone measure the diameter of the nozzle? Does it use the T100 tips?

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #18,337 of 31,849
I measured them as 5mm outer diameter. I did have Symbio peel tips on them which turned out to be too wide... came off in my ear twice. So, I switched to this similarly colored generic one.. not sure where I got it.

They come with generic red core tips and also a set of KZ Starline tips. The tip in my photo slides on quite easily but does not come off in my ear.

R0014728.JPG

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #18,338 of 31,849
Thanks. Was hoping they were in Ety, Westone, or Shure shells with the tiny nozzle.

Edit: How do you get such clear close-up photos? I tried with a tripod, yet my photos were blurry and unusable.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #18,339 of 31,849
Thanks. Was hoping they were in Ety, Westone, or Shure shells with the tiny nozzle.

Edit: How do you get such clear close-up photos? I tried with a tripod, yet my photos were blurry and unusable.
Focus tip on the object you want to be clear

Jun 11, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #18,340 of 31,849

My 10 year old little Ricoh CX2 camera. Macro mode. Slow flash. Letting the camera pick the other settings. Anti- shake is on, but I always hold my breath when I press the button.

edit: @tnelmo The NiceHCK DT100 (single BA) might have nozzle you want. My husband has those but is at work. Maybe @DBaldock9 can confirm the nozzle size of those.

I have the DT300 which has 3BA and has a small nozzle and I do have shure type tips on it. They are very nice. The only reason I have not used them in a while is because I have too much. Makes me a little sad sometimes... all the good stuff just waiting...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32887795868.html

There are photos on the page that show the nozzle and weirdly it does not really look smaller than the KB nozzle. I will need to get mine and edit this post with a new photo comparing the two.

It is hard to photograph the DT300 nozzle without removing the cable (to keep it still) which I did not want to do... so here it is. It is actually a very tiny nozzle and it does use shure type tips. If I try to put that orange one on it is does not grip at all... way too big.

R0014729.JPG

R0014732.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #18,341 of 31,849
Thanks @mbwilson111, I'm adding those two to my research list.

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #18,344 of 31,849
In my collection of silicone ear tips, I've found a pair that have a narrow exit bore, which work well on my KB Ear F1.
Using them does help with improving the Bass, and possibly attenuating the higher frequencies - although they're still fairly bright (and clear) sounding.
With these tips, there's also not so much of a change in the sound, when moving my jaw, which changes the shape and angles of my ear canal.
I think I'd probably need to take a fine file, or sandpaper to the sharper edges of the F1, before they'd be comfortable to use while sleeping.

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #18,345 of 31,849
In my collection of silicone ear tips, I've found a pair that have a narrow exit bore, which work well on my KB Ear F1.
Using them does help with improving the Bass, and possibly attenuating the higher frequencies - although they're still fairly bright (and clear) sounding.
With these tips, there's also not so much of a change in the sound, when moving my jaw, which changes the shape and angles of my ear canal.
I think I'd probably need to take a fine file, or sandpaper to the sharper edges of the F1, before they'd be comfortable to use while sleeping.

BTW, the F1 works great with the TRN BT20!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back