CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #166 of 31,833

Yep, awesome, neutral little hidden gems. Great bass quality imvho - very clean, quick and arid, and overall resolution is really good as well. For the pure sound, I'd be personally willing to spend a three-digit price for those bad boys.

Wow, you guys begin to make a legend out of the TE-02....
how the vocals and mids sound?

I like clean present vocals with a good roundness given by a well controled bass....

Any link to a store that sell them around 15-20$????????

Cheers!

Well, if anything, they could use a slight bit more energy in the 700-800 Hz range to have "good roundness" in the lower mids, but they're very clean. And the bass is superbly controlled.

No idea where they are sold anyway, as it seems they're out of production. There's a Pioneer OEM though (I guess I've mentioned it in this thread).

Jun 1, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #167 of 31,833
Thanks for the description details.
I make a fast google search and find them on amazon and other european store...they are named Fostex TE-02N and TE-02WP tough. Is this the same model?

If I find a deal I will perhaps try them one day, for now can't spend more if I don't want to finish in the street (with lots of good earphones in my pockets).

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #168 of 31,833
DUDE THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION!!!!
DO you know anything below 50$ that can beat them????????

I got my pair today and they really blown me away...listening to Nosaj Thing right now and get goosebumps...no joke they hit WAY bellow their pricerange!!!
Soundstage is Immense, texture is superb, mids, bass, sub bass bump, instruments separation, sound feeling warmnest......:confused_face:
Can't put them off my ears even if I receive the Superlux HD381 with them and really really really like them too!
Feel so spoil right now, this cost me the same price than a pack of 6 good beers....or a cheap restaurant meal.

Don't give a damn about consumerism in general, but earphones is my exception and the LETV represent the joy of this never ending quest of epicurian sound experience!

I need earphones with neutral sound signature. Haven't tried any neutral earphones yet actually. Would they be perfect for my entry to balanced sound?

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #169 of 31,833
Hi there...
Hum, I ADORE this earphones because of their warm, bassy soundsignature, so I would not call them neutral.

The Superlux HD381 are more neutral but still have good bass impact, they are more bright but not harsh (12$)
Joyroom E107 are very neutral and analytical, but the soundstage isn't very wide, more in your face fast sound.(12$)
Plextone S50 are bright and neutral with a little emphasize on mids and over average soundstage.(10$)
VJJB V1S have a good neutral energic sound with a over average soundstage and fast bass response. (17$)

It depend what type of music you listen too....if it's rap, electro or beatdriven music i'm not sure supreme neutrality is ideal but tell me and I can suggest more precise earphones.

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #170 of 31,833

I make a fast google search and find them on amazon and other european store...they are named Fostex TE-02N and TE-02WP tough. Is this the same model?

I have no idea. The model I have though is the TE-02WP without the penguin on the packaging.

Oh, and PS, it would be awesome if you could add the MrZ Tomahawk earbuds (http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-mrz-tomahawk-hifi-earbud) to your list in the forst post. They're excellent earbuds and worth every single penny.
When they are on sale, the price is around US$35 and can be reduced to US$33 when applying the $3 discount code that can be found on the store's front site. Worth every single buck of the $32.20 (or whatever it was) I paid.

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #171 of 31,833

I have no idea. The model I have though is the TE-02WP without the penguin on the packaging.

Oh, and PS, it would be awesome if you could add the MrZ Tomahawk earbuds (http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-mrz-tomahawk-hifi-earbud) to your list in the forst post. They're excellent earbuds and worth every single penny.
When they are on sale, the price is around US$35 and can be reduced to US$33 when applying the $3 discount code that can be found on the store's front site. Worth every single buck of the $32.20 (or whatever it was) I paid.

Okay bro, will add it right now.
That's true that they are very good! I buy a pair because of the big praise and really like them, just feel they are not super comfortable and can be way too big for some ears....don't you think? I will mention it so people know. Will mention their trebly soundsignature too.

About the Mrz, I like how they sound with my Ibasso Dx80 but less so with the Xduoo X3 (lack of amping) or Ibasso Dx90 (too bright and neutral).
So with the Dx80 they sound very airy and wide and are a delight with acoustical instruments and women vocals, still, sometime it can vaguely hiss...like...when the signers spit in the mic if you get what i mean. This is the only drawback because I find the sound experience incredible in general, way above the price range at 30....but a little less at 50 (if we don,t take in account the fancy construction). It remind me the sound of my Grado Sr-60, have excellent instrument separation and adddictive musicality with this kind of grado like bass...I wonder how they compare to the VEmonk.

Did you know if the treble smooth off a little after more burn in???

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #172 of 31,833

Okay bro, will add it right now.
That's true that they are very good! I buy a pair because of the big praise and really like them, just feel they are not super comfortable and can be way too big for some ears....don't you think? I will mention it so people know. Will mention their trebly soundsignature too.

I actually find them too small, but to my defense I have to say that my ears are large. 
redface.gif

I wonder how they compare to the VEmonk.

I don't have the original Monk, but the Monk Plus. While it has got good bass quality (quick and arid), I find its mids and treble to be blunt sounding, lacking resolution and the soundstage to be average. Nothing to blame for the very little price, but in my book, the Monk Plus would "only" be 4 out of 5 stars. The Tomahawk is a totally different league imho.

the treble smooth off a little after more burn in???

I don't have the Tomahawk for long enough to comment on that but am not really a burn-in believer with headphones anyway, so... 
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #174 of 31,833
The WP is the previous generation of the TE-02 and the N is the current gen.

They make excellent iems for modding. I removed the metal grill from the nozzle of my N set, and replaced it with a hifiman sticker filter. Then placed a small ball of blue tack over the center of it. I'm using Ortofon tips. The result is smoother, tamer treble that also gives the perception of a fuller midrange.

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #175 of 31,833
The WP is the previous generation of the TE-02 and the N is the current gen.

They make excellent iems for modding. I removed the metal grill from the nozzle of my N set, and replaced it with a hifiman sticker filter. Then placed a small ball of blue tack over the center of it. I'm using Ortofon tips. The result is smoother, tamer treble that also gives the perception of a fuller midrange.

whats the diff mate? have not ABed them side by side before

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #176 of 31,833
Thanks for the sharing, I will include it in the best off list. Did the construction look solid because the mesh of earshell tips isn't a metal one?

If they beat the DF-10 in sound quality it would be INCREDIBLE for the price because the DF sound darn gooooooood and smoooooth and wiiiiiiiiiiide. I really enjoy them.

For the Joyroom E107 I receive them last week and was REALLY impress by the sound they produce especially if we take the size factor in account. They are incredibly small and you can sleep with them without problem (can really be usefull in some noisy environment and save you from insomnia). The soundsignature remind me of Etymotic MC3 and I don't know if it's accurate but I feel the E107 beat them in soundstage and musicality...yes, they cost 5 times less than the Etymotic but are for the same type of music lover: acoustical, jazz, classical, instrumental, rock. The sound is a little bright but really elegant in his presentation, and yes, as the size is microscopical the bass isn't quite big and presented like with the Yamaha EPH100, wich mean, it's there and easily pickable but not feel and do not have sub bass rumble.

Anyway, how do the VORSON perform with vocals????

the first impression of VORSON is only good for vocal expression and vocal in front of others. but now the distance between ears and vocal is equivalent with that of others. I don't find adequate words for its vocal because my English ability :anguished:
its soundstage is wider than dh10 but is narrower than HLSX 808 and MrZ tomahawk, which are over $30.
I feel it is a little bit under unstable in particular isolation.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #178 of 31,833

DUDE THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION!!!!
DO you know anything below 50$ that can beat them????????

I got my pair today and they really blown me away...listening to Nosaj Thing right now and get goosebumps...no joke they hit WAY bellow their pricerange!!!
Soundstage is Immense, texture is superb, mids, bass, sub bass bump, instruments separation, sound feeling warmnest......
confused_face.gif

Can't put them off my ears even if I receive the Superlux HD381 with them and really really really like them too!
Feel so spoil right now, this cost me the same price than a pack of 6 good beers....or a cheap restaurant meal.

Don't give a damn about consumerism in general, but earphones is my exception and the LETV represent the joy of this never ending quest of epicurian sound experience!

What's the full name and model? ......I want me a pair from taobao!  
etysmile.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #180 of 31,833
  Hi there...
Hum, I ADORE this earphones because of their warm, bassy soundsignature, so I would not call them neutral.

The Superlux HD381 are more neutral but still have good bass impact, they are more bright but not harsh (12$)
Joyroom E107 are very neutral and analytical, but the soundstage isn't very wide, more in your face fast sound.(12$)
Plextone S50 are bright and neutral with a little emphasize on mids and over average soundstage.(10$)
VJJB V1S have a good neutral energic sound with a over average soundstage and fast bass response. (17$)

It depend what type of music you listen too....if it's rap, electro or beatdriven music i'm not sure supreme neutrality is ideal but tell me and I can suggest more precise earphones.

Coincidentally, I just ordered Joyroom E107 two days ago without knowing it's neutral. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try the others if I don't get accustomed to E107

Users who are viewing this thread

Back