CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 23, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #137 of 31,833
  I need a new earphone for gaming and electronic music, 20$ max, any recomendation? I was thinking about the VE MONK+ and the Rock Zircon/Swing IE800.

For IDM and gaming I will go with the Rock Zircon because of his round bass and over average soundstage, IE800 are more bright-detailed and intimate.
I do not listen to the VE Monk but for gaming...hum, not sure about earbuds.

Check Aliexpress, perhaps you will find the Zircon for 10 boxes.....

Cheers!

May 23, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #138 of 31,833
For IDM and gaming I will go with the Rock Zircon because of his round bass and over average soundstage, IE800 are more bright-detailed and intimate.
I do not listen to the VE Monk but for gaming...hum, not sure about earbuds.

Check Aliexpress, perhaps you will find the Zircon for 10 boxes.....

Cheers!

Thanks, do you have any other recomendation $25 tops?? For gaming and electronix music, 80% music 20% gaming xD

May 23, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #139 of 31,833
Thanks, do you have any other recomendation $25 tops?? For gaming and electronix music, 80% music 20% gaming xD

Hum, you can go for dual drivers like the KZ Zn1 (10-20$) or the (better) UE Custom with detachable cable (14-17$ at Easy Earphones), both have quite big soundstage and present bass.

May 24, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #141 of 31,833
(DIY) UE Custom from Easy Earphones:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-DIY-UE-Custom-Made-Around-Ear-Earphone-Dual-Unit-In-Ear-Dynamic-HIFI-Headphones/32640320497.html

Really nice construction and the cable that came with the black one I bought is Excellent!
The sound is little more neutral that KZ ZN1 but is more well controlled cause the bass of ZN1 can bloat mids sometime.
Both are good for the price, DIY UE Custom is kind of unbelievably cheap and super high quality looking.

Take a look:

May 24, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #142 of 31,833

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-New-DIY-UE-Custom-Made-Around-Ear-Earphone-Dual-Unit-In-Ear-Dynamic-HIFI-Headphones/32640320497.html

Really nice construction and the cable that came with the black one I bought is Excellent!
The sound is little more neutral that KZ ZN1 but is more well controlled cause the bass of ZN1 can bloat mids sometime.
Both are good for the price, DIY UE Custom is kind of unbelievably cheap and super high quality looking.

Take a look:

imo they should remove the left and right markings on the iem.

May 24, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #143 of 31,833

Take a look:

Thanks! I live in brazil, only the cable costs the same price as the headphone

May 25, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #145 of 31,833
I need a new earphone for gaming and electronic music, 20$ max, any recomendation? I was thinking about the VE MONK+ and the Rock Zircon/Swing IE800.
ve monk man. Massive soundstage for 5 USD.

May 26, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #146 of 31,833
@bluedan02 @Nymphonomaniac I got my Swing IE800 yesterday. Have had a bit of time to listen to some music. I would definitely recommend these for metal. So far, I've tried to check out various artists to see how they hold up. Few songs from Fleshgod Apocalypse - King sounded good. I always try to listen to Blind Guardian - Curse my name - good test for bass drum sound and wind instruments. New Katatonia album sounds fine. Non metal - Nora Jones with all the acoustics and vocals - quite good for IEMs. One thing was not a good match for these was The Wisdom of Crowds. Bass sounded way too boomy.

I listen on my Samsung Galaxy S5 with either Fiio Q1 or E18. Tidal HIFI. 

May 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #147 of 31,833

Good idea. TE-02 impressions: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fostex-te-02-water-resistant-earbuds/reviews/14947

Well, as for the price and where to get them: I don't know. I gt mine from the German Amazon for €29.24, but they can be found for even less (half that price). Some folks on Head-Fi mentioned that they could be found for ~ $15-30. I know that there is an OEM version with Pioneer branding that might be easier to find on the international market.

I just got a pair of these. They are really awesome. Extremely neutral.

May 28, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #148 of 31,833

Good idea. TE-02 impressions: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fostex-te-02-water-resistant-earbuds/reviews/14947

Well, as for the price and where to get them: I don't know. I gt mine from the German Amazon for €29.24, but they can be found for even less (half that price). Some folks on Head-Fi mentioned that they could be found for ~ $15-30. I know that there is an OEM version with Pioneer branding that might be easier to find on the international market.

I just got a pair of these. They are really awesome. Extremely neutral.

Yep, awesome, neutral little hidden gems. Great bass quality imvho - very clean, quick and arid, and overall resolution is really good as well. For the pure sound, I'd be personally willing to spend a three-digit price for those bad boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back