CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 19, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #17,461 of 31,833
I threw that cable out, first time I used it got scorching hot really quickly. I have a 5 usb port charger that I throw each.on a separate cable. I hope mine was a bad unit and you don't have the same problem! The BT20's themselves I love, they are now my daily driver paired with the AS10.

Yeah, bad QC or bad luck of the draw? My two-head cable that came with it works normally, for what it’s worth.

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #17,462 of 31,833
Haven't had a chance to try 'em yet (picked them up from the post office earlier today but was busy all evening), but I like that the TRN BT20 comes with a split USB charging cable. Nice touch I hadn't expected.
Hm. Not giving up on them yet, but so far not entirely sold on the BT20. Sound quality's great and once I figured out the right song and dance to get them connected they've worked great, but basically from the second I put them on they're somewhere between "pinchy clip-on earring" and "not uncomfortable pressure but not something that fades out of awareness either". Exactly where varies, though it's never outright painful or even extremely uncomfortable. Don't have any heat guns or hair-driers in the apartment so I'm trying to stretch them out a bit, we'll see how that goes, but the battery case bits also rub against the ear pieces of my glasses and while it's not audible I can *feel* it and it's a tad distracting. If I'd bought local or from Amazon (direct, not imported) I think I'd return but if I decide I'm not satisfied I'll probably just sell them forward or trade them here.

On a related note, recommendations for with-wires Bluetooth cable adapters or should I just side-/downgrade and get the BT10 (slightly newer/better Bluetooth than the BT3, assuming I've not gotten my model names mixed up again) or the latest and "greatest" KZ for slightly cheaper and smaller form factor? (Not terribly interested in adapters into which you plug headphone cables, my theory is if I'm going to get stuck with the downsides of Bluetooth I might as well get the benefits, though a dongle with a much shorter headphone cable might be acceptable.)

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #17,463 of 31,833
Received my pair of **** today. every bass head should buy them immediately.

I think the majority would disagree with that statement...

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #17,464 of 31,833
Man I don't know what is wrong with the locals these days, last year so many people bought my budget chi-fi offerings that I posted on my local classifieds, this year it's like a graveyard. I've been constantly reposting my ads for the past 6 months already and nobody has ever genuinely wanted to buy my IEMs. I guess everyone has got their go-to earphones now...

I got so many IEMs in my drawer that I don't need now lol.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #17,465 of 31,833
Man I don't know what is wrong with the locals these days, last year so many people bought my budget chi-fi offerings that I posted on my local classifieds, this year it's like a graveyard. I've been constantly reposting my ads for the past 6 months already and nobody has ever genuinely wanted to buy my IEMs. I guess everyone has got their go-to earphones now...

I got so many IEMs in my drawer that I don't need now lol.

Maybe they discovered Aliexpress / Gearbest / JD too ..... :thinking:

Apr 20, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #17,466 of 31,833
About T3, just the cable worth the buy IMO I want more of them.....cause they make shine any iem or earbuds I use them with. Real high quality copper-silver mixed cable here. For the sound need more listening, wich is why I ask for more impressions....and praise?

They are more accurate sounding and balanced than T2, but im a mid centric guy....and even if upper mids is harsher with T2, the mid are fuller. All this to take with grain of salt, only 2h listening!
the cable is 8$, i can give you a link, it seems like you like the bling

Apr 20, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #17,467 of 31,833
Simgot EM2 review is up on my blog, Nice change of pace from standard Chifi big V signature. MTW5 review will be posted shortly too. It needs some EQ but not bad at $29 and I really like the stereo calling feature rather than cutting back to one ear.

Apr 20, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #17,468 of 31,833
the cable is 8$, i can give you a link, it seems like you like the bling
what, really 8 freakin'dollars???

yes sir, give me the link please.

And its not because I wear Grillz with diamonds on it while I listen to my Focal Utopia Tournaire Gold-Diamond, that I like the bling. Gold and diamonds make the sound more brilliant.

No but seriously, I find this cable to pair great with any iem I try, so conductivity is surely stable and top notch. I don't like its ear hook tough. Wich is why I will destroy it if I buy it for 8$.

Apr 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #17,469 of 31,833
what, really 8 freakin'dollars???

yes sir, give me the link please.

And its not because I wear Grillz with diamonds on it while I listen to my Focal Utopia Tournaire Gold-Diamond, that I like the bling. Gold and diamonds make the sound more brilliant.

No but seriously, I find this cable to pair great with any iem I try, so conductivity is surely stable and top notch. I don't like its ear hook tough. Wich is why I will destroy it if I buy it for 8$.
it is rebranded TRN 8 core cable
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...896fce00054b551f7&onelink_page_to=ITEM_DETAIL
here the TRN with tin t2
UTB8fTf6I3QydeJk43PUq6AyQpXaq.jpg
here is the stock Tin T3 cable, they use the same wire
Tin-Audio-T3-HiP-4.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #17,470 of 31,833
OKAY!

THIS cable. Barely buy it like 10 times and suggest it blindly to anyone.

Thanks for opening my eyes about it. (will stop saying its a costy cable that came with T3)

And order one ASAP

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #17,471 of 31,833
it is rebranded TRN 8 core cable
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...896fce00054b551f7&onelink_page_to=ITEM_DETAIL
here the TRN with tin t2

here is the stock Tin T3 cable, they use the same wire

To me, the TRRS end and Y-splitter on the T3 looks different than the TRN 8 Core, so I'm not entirely sure if the T3 is just a rebrand.

Then again, I only own the TRN 8 Core and not the T3 so I'm probably not as qualified as you to make a claim. If the T3 cable really is just the TRN, it's quite the sweet treat, and the added chin slider is a cherry on top. I like the TRN cable a lot even if it's a little short and apparently, as someone else pointed out on another thread, has some kind of soldering issue that hinders it from being the best sounding it can be(?). It's thick, uses preformed ear hooks, and looks fantastic. Good on TinHifi for including what seems to be a HUGE improvement over the T2's cable!

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #17,472 of 31,833
Apr 20, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #17,474 of 31,833
Great review, as usual.

Thanks for the feedback, Jake. Much appreciated.

I like how you point to the actual tracks (and timestamps) to characterize what you are looking for.

I figure it's the most communicative way to tell the reader specifically what I'm looking for and specifically where the earphone succeeds or fails (regarding sound).

Glad you found it helpful.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #17,475 of 31,833
To me, the TRRS end and Y-splitter on the T3 looks different than the TRN 8 Core, so I'm not entirely sure if the T3 is just a rebrand.

Then again, I only own the TRN 8 Core and not the T3 so I'm probably not as qualified as you to make a claim. If the T3 cable really is just the TRN, it's quite the sweet treat, and the added chin slider is a cherry on top. I like the TRN cable a lot even if it's a little short and apparently, as someone else pointed out on another thread, has some kind of soldering issue that hinders it from being the best sounding it can be(?). It's thick, uses preformed ear hooks, and looks fantastic. Good on TinHifi for including what seems to be a HUGE improvement over the T2's cable!

I know who OEM'ed the cable for Tin Audio T3, BUT I can't mention their name in this forum because this company is banned by Head-Fi. I think you should know by now which company this is. The name starts with the letter "Y" and ends with letter "o".

You can buy the same cable from their AliExpress store but the connectors are better than those used on T3's.

I tune earphones for TRN and I know their company inside-out. Therefore, I can assure you that Tin Audio isn't using TRN cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back