CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #16,501 of 31,833
JUST.

What-WOW.

What, indeed. These guys know, how to tune an IEM, be it single DD, dual or triple hybrids. Received mine today, as well. Absolutely loving it. This is the baby IE800, I was searching for in chi-fi world. Swapped the cable with one from PT25 and tips from MH755, for improved comfort. These are a steal for under $25.
00A8A641-D027-432C-A2BD-FDAD23FEA214.jpeg

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #16,502 of 31,833
What, indeed. These guys know, how to tune an IEM, be it single DD, dual or triple hybrids. Received mine today, as well. Absolutely loving it. This is the baby IE800, I was searching for in chi-fi world. Swapped the cable with one from PT25 and tips from MH755, for improved comfort. These are a steal for under $25.

wow, a great impressions from someone who owning 64, JH and IE800..
how is the details, sound separation, soundstage wise?

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #16,503 of 31,833

What is the name of this iem?

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #16,504 of 31,833
What is the name of this iem?
****, from a banned brand name we can't explicitly mention here.

UGH, I really can't wait until the mid-year AliExpress sale... if the **** really does have a neutral sound sig like the Tin Audio T2 for a smaller price, I gotta check it out!

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #16,507 of 31,833
Mar 1, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #16,510 of 31,833
My **** will arrive next week. But my CCA C16's will be arriving any moment now, so I'm not in a hurry right now :)

Mar 1, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #16,511 of 31,833
IMG_20190301_182604.jpg
So this is the IM1 where the faceplate (plastic portion) fell out and i just use some double sided tape to stick it together.

IMG_20190301_183017.jpg
Anw i hate the stock cable that came with the TRN (i think they made the cable for a 3M tall giant, the splitter to the earphiece is like 1M long itself -.-) and i dont have any other 0.78 2pins. so i just use a nail clipper to clip off the excess plastic on those that came with the KZ, and now i have better cables for the TRN!

Anw i must saw i love the TRN IM1 alot, the signature is distinct, with superb trebles, probably close to the level of the Tinaudio T2. Very detailed where u can hear notes that u probably cant on other IEMs.

Anw does anyone feel that the budget earphones market has plateaued? I mean like IT where touch phone was the greatest breakthrough then improvements came along and such and nowadays there isnt much breakthrough and what we can rely on is certain feature improvements like infinity screen, wireless charging, gazillion pixels camera, a freaking tablet with multiple screens that can fold like a bread! Anw maybe its not at that stage yet i think as we are seeing multi BAs, piezo drivers and hell even planar IEMs coming into the picture.

Another question which hit me ytd was when i saw Larry commented in audiobudget's latest post, where i ask if there is a need to purchase so many IEMs? Having 3-5 competent earphones u can have all songs in ur arsenal covered (mine are the CCA C10, KZ AS10, TRN IM1, HifiWalker A1, ****, Sony MH755, PT15, KSC75). I think when we came here everyone was like wow this is good, i need to buy. Oh that is good too, let me check it out. Over time the flame dies down and now (for me at least), i will only wait till there is a super hyped IEM, or something that is dirt cheap worth trying.

PS: I perhaps may be trying to deter myself from impulse buy as i am looking at the KC2 for a super long time and convincing myself whether is there a need to buy it (or somebody convince me not to!). I probably will still get it when there is a sale but nonetheless find myself well equipped for now :joy_cat:

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #16,512 of 31,833
Our drummer in-ears (Shure SE215) dissappeared during our last tour and I'm looking to buy a couple of cheap ones (around 10-15€) so we can have two/three as back-up.

They're only used for a click-track and to hear references when recording, so just need something really comfortable and that isolates well. What would be a good option?

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #16,513 of 31,833
Our drummer in-ears (Shure SE215) dissappeared during our last tour and I'm looking to buy a couple of cheap ones (around 10-15€) so we can have two/three as back-up.

They're only used for a click-track and to hear references when recording, so just need something really comfortable and that isolates well. What would be a good option?
Abit over ur budget, but Tennmak Pro and KZ AS10 are the best isolation IEMs i have. The KZ ED9 fits the budget and it has better than good isolation too.

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #16,514 of 31,833
Abit over ur budget, but Tennmak Pro and KZ AS10 are the best isolation IEMs i have. The KZ ED9 fits the budget and it has better than good isolation too.
I'd also add KZ ZSR and ZS3E/ZS4 to the mix. Great sound, isolation, and price.

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #16,515 of 31,833

ZS3, ZS3E, or ZS4.

It’s the closest thing to having earplugs that play music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back