CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 27, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #16,487 of 31,833
Feb 27, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #16,488 of 31,833
I am happy I chose the E3000. It suits me. So comfortable as well. It is smaller than I thought it would be. I can't say much more yet because I have only had it for a few days and a bunch of things arrived all at once. I was going to get the E2000 because of your previous comments but when I went to Amazon UK there was £10 off the E3000 making the E2000 and E3000 the same price.... so... of course I had to get the E3000 :)

Great, you'll see ''JAP-FI'' soundsignature is very different of ''CHI-FI'' one!

With all E serie....I feel they are all my genius childs and just can't choose a real favorite one right now....some day I think its the E2000, other E3000 and other E4000. The change in sound ,or more likely in timbre and soundstage, is very subtle, and i even suspect they perhaps all use same drivers (???)...but its a good thing in fact, making the budget E even more great value. As well, I did not have any iem that suit me for sleeping....especially for sound, now, I feel more than satisfy with the E3000 and 2000, as you say, they are extremely small, as if just a single BA was fitting tighly in there.

Very curious to know what you think of them!

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #16,489 of 31,833
Hey guys, I've been following this thread daily now and the CCA C10 you guys recommended is really great, however using no eq it doesn't really impress me as much as I thought it would, still a great purchase tho. I was wondering what the next step would be as in sound quality? I am currently just running a iem + smartphone setup (have both samsung s5 and pocophone f1 and don't hear that big of a difference between the two). Is it worth investing into a dap or a dac or an amp or whatever, I am as I said quite new to all of this and am really enjoying the process even tho I do not 100% understand what is what and which equipment i should consider purchasing in which scenario considering I mostly like to have my stuff portable. So any equipment I should invest into or should i just jump the gun and start looking into some more expensive iems? I would just like to know where to put my money next :)

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #16,490 of 31,833
Great, you'll see ''JAP-FI'' soundsignature is very different of ''CHI-FI'' one!

With all E serie....I feel they are all my genius childs and just can't choose a real favorite one right now....some day I think its the E2000, other E3000 and other E4000. The change in sound ,or more likely in timbre and soundstage, is very subtle, and i even suspect they perhaps all use same drivers (???)...but its a good thing in fact, making the budget E even more great value. As well, I did not have any iem that suit me for sleeping....especially for sound, now, I feel more than satisfy with the E3000 and 2000, as you say, they are extremely small, as if just a single BA was fitting tighly in there.

Very curious to know what you think of them!
With al those appraisal for the E-series: does anyone know how they compare with the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore?

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #16,491 of 31,833
With al those appraisal for the E-series: does anyone know how they compare with the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore?

Go to moondrop thread and see what happen there..

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #16,494 of 31,833
Go to moondrop thread and see what happen there..
Well....the praised Moondrop are quite pricey....you know, I just try one Moondrop product, the Nameless...wich i find...airy but lifeless, but im utterly curious about there IEM. The Crescent, not sure.

But what about the ARIA??? As im working to update the list, im wondering if there some great sub 100$ Moon iem to include.

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #16,495 of 31,833
By the way guys....i must go search something at post office and REALLY hope its finally the **** I bought...more than one month ago. Now, I would be able to compare it to the strange N3. Yeah....my caprice is the Final Audio these days...so, need more listen with N3, its really an OVNI.
P2280806.JPG

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #16,496 of 31,833
Congrats man, happy you love them, yeah they have a great stereo-like soundstage, nothing artificial sounding with these beauties and so small yet so big sound. In fact, right now it make 2 days I have the E4000 stock in my ears....but, I lvoe them all for REAL...to me E2000 is the more '' '' '' '' brigtish'' '' '' '' (see all this quotation marks....its because they aren't bright in fact) of the E serie, E3000 the more bodied and E4000 the more transparent. What sound source you use with them?

At home, I use an XD-05, that provides all the power these babies demand, as I have seen they really need juice. Outside, I use the N5II, but I won't use them in public transport, because they are really far in isolation from my daily earphones, Audbos P4 and B400 (expected, they are sealed BA). Not a problem, as I knew that before purchasing, and the intended use was at home.

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #16,497 of 31,833
At home, I use an XD-05, that provides all the power these babies demand, as I have seen they really need juice. Outside, I use the N5II, but I won't use them in public transport, because they are really far in isolation from my daily earphones, Audbos P4 and B400 (expected, they are sealed BA). Not a problem, as I knew that before purchasing, and the intended use was at home.
Your right bro, they need juice...and isolation of open back isnt the best but still, its not like Grado headphones wich when im in a misanthropic mood I like to wear in quite area....
man, feel dumb, I just finish my review of E4000 and decide to use a portable amp five seconds before I post it...wich make them even more phenomenal, like...not an intimate soundstage anymore! I just can't rewrite it its crazy, but anyway, I already know it (and talk about it)...just not that some specific amp pairing can make them even shine more. Whats inside your XD-05, stock OPamp??

I have a XD-05 and it sure make a terrific pairing. Yep, need lot of juice...but why? 15ohm and around 100db...that really puzzly me. My confuse theory is that more a dynamic driver is small more its demanding about power. All tiny dd I have need lotta juice.

Feb 28, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #16,498 of 31,833
JUST.

What-WOW.

P2280820.JPG P2280824.JPG

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #16,499 of 31,833
Mar 1, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #16,500 of 31,833
Well....the praised Moondrop are quite pricey....you know, I just try one Moondrop product, the Nameless...wich i find...airy but lifeless, but im utterly curious about there IEM. The Crescent, not sure.

But what about the ARIA??? As im working to update the list, im wondering if there some great sub 100$ Moon iem to include.

No i didn't referring to Moondrop Kanas Pro, yes the crescent, its not pricey, its $28!! its like the little brother of Kanas Pro with more bass and fun. Nameless is an earbud, old product from them. Aria is $80 ish but i think better get the crescent, with same shape, more or less same signature. Can't really recommend aria but definitely the crescent is for that only $28

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back