CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 6, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #16,066 of 31,833
Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #16,067 of 31,833
My failure was down to the very poor quality of mmcx sockets that I bought, have some much nicer ones now for my next projects
thanks. ..and ouch, i'm afraid i got same crappy mmcx. thread + gasket suggested it would get more secure without much glue. guess i'll have to follow your steps and buy the quality ones..

edit:
..or to go for 2 pins sockets directly.
bought these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...one-Accessories-Hearing-AIDS/32697691354.html
to repair my old etys basically (once bent the pins, they can be soldered directly to the pcb)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #16,068 of 31,833
I had the JVC HAF-FX1X and I was quite pleased with them, but the cable near the left bud broke and I need a replacement. I don't need anything fancy, it's to listening to music while on the go. On that 11-20 tier, what would you guys recommend? I don't mind buying from gearbest, aliexpress, or whatnot.

I mostly listen to metal, rock, hard rock, and the likes. I was thinking about the Superlux HD381? I own the HD662EVO and I'm quite happy with the brand.

Feb 6, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #16,069 of 31,833
Anyone has a recommendation for a low-profile/small IEM for <$30 that can be used while sleeping on 1 side? I like a warm & bassy sound signature with wide soundstage, am treble sensitive & don't like piercing highs. I mainly listen to chillstep, psychedelic trance & other similar electronic music. I placed an order on **** but I believe it is not that small to be used for this purpose.

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #16,070 of 31,833
Anyone has a recommendation for a low-profile/small IEM for <$30 that can be used while sleeping on 1 side? I like a warm & bassy sound signature with wide soundstage, am treble sensitive & don't like piercing highs. I mainly listen to chillstep, psychedelic trance & other similar electronic music. I placed an order on **** but I believe it is not that small to be used for this purpose.
Not ChiFi but maybe this

https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/wired-earphones/products/sleeper

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #16,071 of 31,833
Pretty much anything you want.

There’s no right or wrong cable for the most part.

You could use a cable with mic, a Bluetooth cable, braided cable, KZ SPC upgrade cable (you cut the 2-pin ends off), an used stock KZ 2-pin cable (you cut the 2-pin ends off), etc.

If you have any IEMs with defective shells (such as blown driver, ran through the washing machine, etc) that cable can be removed and reused.

090914_Signals_promo.png

I know that, it's just that some of the cables look a bit nicer than most of the ones I would rob off some ZSE's or xiaomi's that I have. I do have some KZ silver upgrade cables and a ton of apple iphone earbuds that serve no purpose, I just liked a couple that didn't look that rubbery and was wondering if they were purchased or just robbed (@PCgaming4ever)

My failure was down to the very poor quality of mmcx sockets that I bought, have some much nicer ones now for my next projects

I was going to ask what particularly was poor quality? Did the pins push out? Poor contact? or just general garbage? At this point it probably doesn't matter, I think the solid cable is probably fine and more reliable. If it can be opened once it can be opned again.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #16,072 of 31,833

I am also looking for an iem that I can sleep on my side with although it's more to watch Netflix with. The problem with many iems such as the **** you ordered is that they have vents on their back, and one side will get covered distorting the stereo image which is distracting.

Have you thought of earbuds instead? The monk lites are small the Qian69 is well reviewed with a v shape sound signature.

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #16,073 of 31,833
Moondrop Crescent ?

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #16,074 of 31,833

Look for IEM's with the Westone & Shure shape. I could lay down with my old SE215's, but I've actually slept with my UM Pro 10's with no issues (side sleeping). The UM Pro 10's are the smallest IEM of this shape I know of and are unfortunately way out of your price range.

$20-25 MDK ASY is one I was looking at (they had build issues with the MDK ASK models). Supposedly non-fatigueing sound sig.
$30 Tennmak Pro dual DD. On Amazon. I had this but either had a problem with my pair or just not my signature. Way to bassy and bled into the mids. But it may work for you.
$40-50 Kinera Seed.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #16,076 of 31,833
@durwood The problem was the centre pin on a very small body, it barely protruded by 2 millimeters if it even was that

The center pin in the back that you solder the bare wire to, or the center pin in the front female part that makes connection with the mmcx cable?

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #16,077 of 31,833
I had the JVC HAF-FX1X and I was quite pleased with them, but the cable near the left bud broke and I need a replacement. I don't need anything fancy, it's to listening to music while on the go. On that 11-20 tier, what would you guys recommend? I don't mind buying from gearbest, aliexpress, or whatnot.

I mostly listen to metal, rock, hard rock, and the likes. I was thinking about the Superlux HD381? I own the HD662EVO and I'm quite happy with the brand.
While the HD381 suits your genres quite wel, it's also very colored. I sold them, but I recall one song being great and warm and the other sounding tonally way off. Especially voices sounded closed in.

If sleeping is more important than enormous amount of detail in your music, you may consider the EZaudio D4 or the UiiSii HM7; both are really tiny and comfortable.

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #16,080 of 31,833
090914_Signals_promo.png

I know that, it's just that some of the cables look a bit nicer than most of the ones I would rob off some ZSE's or xiaomi's that I have. I do have some KZ silver upgrade cables and a ton of apple iphone earbuds that serve no purpose, I just liked a couple that didn't look that rubbery and was wondering if they were purchased or just robbed (@PCgaming4ever)

I was going to ask what particularly was poor quality? Did the pins push out? Poor contact? or just general garbage? At this point it probably doesn't matter, I think the solid cable is probably fine and more reliable. If it can be opened once it can be opned again.
I bought this https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/AjOrov2 cable from AliExpress it has a rubber coating on it but it doesn't feel that bad for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back