CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 31, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #15,827 of 31,887
I really wonder how TRN IM1 and Auglamour F300 compare....don't knowwhy but I feelthey might have similar soundsig (im surely wrong, wich is why i wonder...).

Anyone got both??

By the way, mine loose a faceplate and I need to stick it back...so, im a little less hysterical about construction and will update my review to note this.

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #15,828 of 31,887
By the way, I update my review of Z5000 and include a much needed comparaison with V2 model....but im not even sure its on sale anymore...wich is a good thing cause its a boring version of V1.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #15,829 of 31,887
Can someone please confirm, whether 5mm diameter steel mesh is the right size for CCA C10?
Just realized I lost one.
Hope that's not what you guys meant by saying that C10 opens up with time
Seriously guys, if someone who owns the C10 could measure the nozzle or mesh diameter with something more accurate than a ruler, that would be great.
Also, should I go for a "grille" type cover like the original, or try something like this https://bit.ly/2Ge6Q1Q

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #15,830 of 31,887
Seriously guys, if someone who owns the C10 could measure the nozzle or mesh diameter with something more accurate than a ruler, that would be great.
Also, should I go for a "grille" type cover like the original, or try something like this https://bit.ly/2Ge6Q1Q

I personally don’t like the ones with holes.

They look cool and sexy from the outside, but the adhesive ring covers up more than 1/2 of the total holes. That means the sound is actually only going through a small handful of pin holes.

So when your IEM has a huge 5mm nozzle (for example), it’s effectively reduced to about 1.5mm of overall “open” surface area. The rest is blocked by the adhesive and the solid metal part of the nozzle screen that doesn’t have holes.

And that affects the tuning. Now, whether it was accounted for when the manufacturer tuned it will be unknown to the end user. But I always assume it was not accounted for, because why design a huge 5mm nozzle (for example) in the 1st place, if it’s going to be chocked down to a small fraction of that. If fact was the care, they would have just make the nozzle 2 or 3mm and used a stainless mesh filter. Make sense?

This photo illustrates it perfectly, as it shows both the front (on the left) and the BACK (on the right) of the nozzle screen:

3D3435D2-C8D1-45EB-AA10-50423021AA39.jpeg

With the stainless mesh screen types of nozzle filters, there is still an adhesive ring, but the overall open surface area is much higher because there is less metal and more open space due to the woven design.

Now, for those interested, one way to test the effect is to remove the nozzle screen altogether. If the sound improves, go with a mesh type. If the sound worsens, put the stock one with holes back. But in my experience, it almost always improves with a less restrictive (or no) mesh nozzle screen.

The fact that they only cost a few cents each, makes it a cheap and easy upgrade that anyone can do regardless of skill level.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #15,831 of 31,887
So I did a short listen and comparison between the CCA C10 and the Auglamour F300:

tldr;
F300 is brighter, clearer, more analytical. Not good for all songs
C10 is warmer, more forgiving, and better for all around.

Music:
Ghosts n Stuff - deadmau5
Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
Crushcrushcrush (Live) - Paramore
Anino - Up Dharma Down
Simple Man (Live) - Shinedown
It had to be you - Motion City Soundtrack
Sasameyuki - Wagakki Band

Lows:
Both are quite rumbly, having good subbass extension. CCA C10 is much warmer sounding. More elevated bass almost throughout the range however... the F300 seems to have PUNCHIER bass. F300 has a noticeably more recessed midbass compared to the C10 however, and this will be affecting most of the rest of the sound all throughout.

Mids:
Vocals are usually more natural sounding for most of the songs for the C10, they also feel a bit more forward. The F300 tend to have less forward vocals, but due to a reduced mid bass, they sound waaaaaay clearer. This isn't necessarily good though, as in some songs, this made the vocal sound bad, case in point with Avril Lavigne. In Sk8r Boi, her voice sounded just a little bit honky. I think... that it's because the F300 doesn't color the vocals at all, and it thus depends on the recording on how good the vocals tend to be captured. For live performances, I much prefer the F300, as the C10 sounded more artificial to me. The same can be said for the Motion City Soundtrack song, which sounded more artificial in the C10 compared to the F300.

Highs:
This part is strange, and I'm not sure why. The C10 is actually slightly more sibilant than the F300, but the F300 sounds more elevated and airier (slightly peaky) than the C10. Sasameyuki in Wagakki Band and Anino in Up Dharma Down both had the main vocalist sound amazing in the F300, and marginally less so in the C10.

Instrument Separation/Imaging/Holographic-ness(?):
F300 is the clear winner here. Instrument separation is so much better and cleaner, holographic-ness is amazing! For the live music, I felt like I was part of the crowd and I was staring at the singer on stage. Ghost n Stuff has some really funky biaural portions, and bam bam bam, I got hit each time on my left then right then left, then up then down. It also sounded more expansive. The C10, as can be seen in the impressions of others here is no slouch in this department, so that's why it feels much more amazing to me how real the F300 felt.

Conclusion:
I'm extremely happy I bought the F300. As can be seen in my enthusiastic descriptions above, I really like it. HOWEVER, regardless of everything I said above, I would have to say that the CCA C10 is a better option for all around music and is a much safer buy than the F300. If possible, I would suggest people demo out the F300 as I feel that for some music genres it's not really a safe choice. As in my tldr above, the F300 is more analytical and brighter than the C10, while the C10 is a warmer more forgiving set of iems. I don't have others to compare it to, but I feel that the F300 would be good for those who liked the Tin Audio T2 which is said to be neutral-bright, as I feel that's what it is.

edit: Forgot to mention, if it matters, I changed the cable for both. The C10 is using an 8 Core JC Ally (not sure if SPC) while the F300 is using a Nicehck 16 core copper cable.

Pictures:
Was thinking about getting C10 for workout IEM but many lately say they are great all-arounders but too forgiving and "smooth".
By Your description, comparison and F300 being singe DD - I think I`ll still go with F300 and already see some mods in my head that can fix some "issues" ;P

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #15,832 of 31,887
I am really impatient about listening my c16, N3 and zs7 all on the way from china. I hope my kirin 980 mate 20X phone will give enough quality sound, in case planning to but fiio M3K.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #15,833 of 31,887
By the way, I update my review of Z5000 and include a much needed comparaison with V2 model....but im not even sure its on sale anymore...wich is a good thing cause its a boring version of V1.

Interesting, i should receive Z5000 during the following week if not tomorrow. I have no idea which version its going to be. I will write my impressions here. :thumbsup:

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #15,834 of 31,887
I'm the only one who receive them for the moment. So I understand but which 2/3 few great iem 50/100$ it's the best that I have

Don't know the audbos p4 for example. But I think there will be a hype train for the C16.
C10 is a good first iem. Very very good.

Cca is KZv2.0

Should I buy C10 or C16 is better in all terms?

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #15,835 of 31,887
I am really impatient about listening my c16, N3 and zs7 all on the way from china. I hope my kirin 980 mate 20X phone will give enough quality sound, in case planning to but fiio M3K.

Im desperate about potential audiophile that perhaps ruin big part of their iem-earbuds-headphones sound potential because having only a phone as audio source, man, perhaps give a try to Radsone ES100 or a budget DAP that can be use as otg dac too???

Just saying.

In another hands: great iem choice and please share you toughs about C16-N3-ZS7 bro!!!!!!

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #15,836 of 31,887
Interesting, i should receive Z5000 during the following week if not tomorrow. I have no idea which version its going to be. I will write my impressions here. :thumbsup:

Congrat man, if its the bass you crave for and non fatiguing sound (for me at least, some find fatiguing bassy iem, wich happen with the Alpha Delta AD01 sometime with me but not with Z5000) you will like them, hope so because they will survice nuclear war!
As seen in pics included in review its easy to know...by the sound too, its not horrifious, but i just don't understand the tuning....as if the driver in there wasnt mean to be tuned this way because smooth treble.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #15,837 of 31,887
Im desperate about potential audiophile that perhaps ruin big part of their iem-earbuds-headphones sound potential because having only a phone as audio source, man, perhaps give a try to Radsone ES100 or a budget DAP that can be use as otg dac too???

Just saying.

In another hands: great iem choice and please share you toughs about C16-N3-ZS7 bro!!!!!!

I will share as soon as possible once I get them on my hands :) I thought mate20x is a good source but I think I could buy a "M3K" or "Hiditz ap60 II" or "Shanling M0 (too small screen for my yeti hands)" or "Aigo 105plus" or "Ziku hk-x9" or something else.

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #15,838 of 31,887
I will share as soon as possible once I get them on my hands :) I thought mate20x is a good source but I think I could buy a "M3K" or "Hiditz ap60 II" or "Shanling M0 (too small screen for my yeti hands)" or "Aigo 105plus" or "Ziku hk-x9" or something else.

I will try the Ziku HK-X9 soon because i finaly Buy it after months of wet dreams about him.
If your patient enough I will confirm if OTG dac work with it....or i can try to ask to some owner of my budget audio facebook group....

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #15,839 of 31,887
I will try the Ziku HK-X9 soon because i finaly Buy it after months of wet dreams about him.
If your patient enough I will confirm if OTG dac work with it....or i can try to ask to some owner of my budget audio facebook group....
I have time, theres too many choices:) thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back