CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 1, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #15,856 of 31,887
I just got the f300 in today. Short listen and I agree with what drey said. They sound pretty good, but I also picked up some weird vocals in a Tove Lo song I was listening to. Nice punch to it though when I tried it with some old school rap for testing. Definitely more balanced tuning than something like the KZ ZS7. I don't have the C10 to compare it to.
Sweet! As I only have a Sonata HD, can you check out how it reacts with different DACs or with an AMP or with a balanced cable? Part of me feels that it might sound even better with a better DAC/AMP.

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #15,857 of 31,887
Sweet! As I only have a Sonata HD, can you check out how it reacts with different DACs or with an AMP or with a balanced cable? Part of me feels that it might sound even better with a better DAC/AMP.

I'll try it out tomorrow with some different sources. I did put a different cable on it already. The stock cable wasn't too bad, but I hate those guides that wrap back around, under the ear.

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #15,858 of 31,887
New TinHifi T3 ! Don't know how much they will cost but i found these videos.
Unboxing

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #15,859 of 31,887
Unboxing

Been keeping an eye out as well, and his reviews are very promising. Given the price increase from T2 to T2 Pro, these might be more expensive still, especially with that nice looking cable.

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #15,860 of 31,887
Should I buy C10 or C16 is better in all terms?

Complicated to answer at this question

First part it's absolutely not the same price
Second part it's not the same signature.

C10 are more vshape with airy sound. Sounds similar to zs7 which is less airy and more impact. C10 have slightly more subbass and zs7 more midbass.

C16 is more like as10. More technical approach with neutral or very slightly vshape. The sound is very awesome but less fun than C10, c16 are ultra fast, hyper accurate, great render and natural but need a good source. ( Meizu is not enough to exploite the speed of c16 )
It's A technological showcase for me.

C10 is a heavy corrected zs10. Same hardware, better PCB, better intern arrangements and a sound completely different but very fun and great tuning.

It's for that I have zs7 and c16 in my top 3. They are totally different but both are very great

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #15,861 of 31,887
CCA C10 review of phonograph review site is so so....i'm confuse. DO you think it reflect the true???

http://www.thephonograph.net/cca-c1...H6Z_5grIBpnIHsA33oCswBbknfbd6Mdzu4G5S15oeGs6I
LOL!...They definitely didn't give them anytime to beak in! Did anyone else checkout their "CONS"? -Rolled-off highs, sharp fatiguing and harsh peaks? They even post one ticket of recommendation? What have they been smokin'? Even many reviewers like you and I at head-fi write reviews more accurate and professional than this unpredictable website mainly full of advertisements! Those that write in a more professional level in head-fi I definitely respect more!
It seems more as a conspiracy to bash a product in order to stay afloat!...Don't you think? :spy:

I would take that website's "reviews or opinions" with a grain of salt. :wink:

:point_down:

th215GUB15.jpg

-Clear

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #15,862 of 31,887
Clear I knew you’d see those cons.....”hurry review these lunch is in ten”.....lol....plug, play, review, lunch!
Alot of better dependable reviewers here in my opinion.........
C16s coming Saturday!

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #15,863 of 31,887
Unboxing

He said if you like those 3 : DM6, kanas pro, and TSMR 3, youll like this more! (whatttttttt??!!)

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #15,864 of 31,887
LOL!...They definitely didn't give them anytime to beak in! Did anyone else checkout their "CONS"? -Rolled-off highs, sharp fatiguing and harsh peaks? They even post one ticket of recommendation? What have they been smokin'? Even many reviewers like you and I at head-fi write reviews more accurate and professional than this unpredictable website mainly full of advertisements! Those that write in a more professional level in head-fi I definitely respect more!
It seems more as a conspiracy to bash a product in order to stay afloat!...Don't you think? :spy:

I would take that website's "reviews or opinions" with a grain of salt. :wink:

:point_down:

-Clear

Truly second Clear's points here. C10 is like wine it gets better with time. 25hrs in and now I feel like I'm listening a really premium IEM. And I feel they'll still get better with time as when I'm listening to music I feel they're still holding something back.

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #15,865 of 31,887
I wanted to mention the phonograph review of the C10 as well. I find it curious that it doesn't score as well as how good everybody says it is. One inconsistency I notice is that despite having the same shells as the KZ ZSN, the C10 scores lower for isolation although it has the same comfort score, this is despite the C10 having no vents on the backplate.

The phonograph however gives top marks to the ****, it's score for mids are the highest, and the **** are their editors choice, hence my interest in the product.

I've tried to contact them about their scoring system but got no reply. They do pump out reviews quite fast which makes me question the thoroughness.

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #15,866 of 31,887
Truly second Clear's points here. C10 is like wine it gets better with time. 25hrs in and now I feel like I'm listening a really premium IEM. And I feel they'll still get better with time as when I'm listening to music I feel they're still holding something back.
FWIW I did not notice any change in the C10 from out of the box to 50+ hours use and there was no change in my measurements either (yes I checked). Just sayin' YMMV.

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #15,867 of 31,887
Just ordered the Nicehck N3 with a bluetooth cable and 8 core cable all for $50 thanks to a deal Jim had on the Nicehck Twitter page. Also Jim replaced my TRN H1 that came wired out of phase. Figured I'd just have to fix it myself since showing headphones are out of phase is hard on a video. Jim at Nicehck is seriously a great guy to buy from.

Did you return the defective TRN H1 back to China? I'm asking this because I had a bad experience with my order from his store.

I got a defective TRN BT20 (the left button was unclickable out-of-the-box due to a loose charging port). He asked me to ship it back to China via registered mail so that he can replace it with another unit. Of course, the cost of mailing it back to China exceeded the $29 price of the product, so it didn't make any sense to do that. Then he asked me to pay $8 for shipping so that he could ship another TRN BT 20. I did not like TRN BT 20 at all because I think it is a flawed product, so it didn't make sense for me to own 2 of them with one being defective. I asked Jim if he could give me some discount on CCA C10 instead, and I was given a discount of just $4!

Oh and I also bought KZ ES4 along with TRN BT20, which also turned to be defective (it has severe driver flex on 1 side). Naturally, I was put off by aliexpress for a while after all this.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #15,868 of 31,887
FWIW I did not notice any change in the C10 from out of the box to 50+ hours use and there was no change in my measurements either (yes I checked). Just sayin' YMMV.

Maybe you did not notice any changes. Completely understandable.

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #15,869 of 31,887
My Z5000 arrived. For some reason they shipped my pair with this cheap looking- and feeling orange-black case instead of the leather one:

RohZQjP.jpg

What this text is supposed to mean...

fCsRyCN.jpg

Sound seems to depend heavily on the used tips, with silicones bass is pretty much non-existent and Nicehck-foams made them sound kind of congested. Fortunately eartips from Bosshifi B3 seem to suit fine for them. These dont sound bad at all.

oJTskc8.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #15,870 of 31,887
I wanted to mention the phonograph review of the C10 as well. I find it curious that it doesn't score as well as how good everybody says it is. One inconsistency I notice is that despite having the same shells as the KZ ZSN, the C10 scores lower for isolation although it has the same comfort score, this is despite the C10 having no vents on the backplate.

The phonograph however gives top marks to the ****, it's score for mids are the highest, and the **** are their editors choice, hence my interest in the product.

I've tried to contact them about their scoring system but got no reply. They do pump out reviews quite fast which makes me question the thoroughness.
Yes, I find the C10 review puzzling. I have the **** as well and it is my current favourite, but it only just shades the C10 into second place. At around $25 the **** is a no-brainer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back