Chicago Mini-meet 4/19 or 4/26
Apr 8, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #76 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, I still plan on bringing the RS-1, but even if I get the HP1000 trust me this RS-1 ain't going nowhere
tongue.gif

It's a vintage one - brown headband. In fact I am looking forward to comparing this vintage one with absorbine's current stock one.

I'll be bringing some 6SL7's too Ryan if you want to try rolling some in your Zana. It should be fun to try and see the difference between my older and your newer ZD. And my new stock RS-1's will be in attendance. Plenty of hours on them now.

A_Sr.

Apr 8, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #77 of 112
I also have some 6SL7 types people can try. Also, don't forget I will have my tube tester out and available.

Apr 8, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #78 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be bringing some 6SL7's too Ryan if you want to try rolling some in your Zana. It should be fun to try and see the difference between my older and your newer ZD. And my new stock RS-1's will be in attendance. Plenty of hours on them now.

A_Sr.

For sure! That would be great. In fact I will be bringing my AB box as well, we could plug it in to both zanas, and go back and forth and see how the input tubes are different. Fun times. Skylab, looking forward to trying out some 6sl7's as well, and yes I will be bringing tubes over to check on your tester
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #79 of 112
There will be one addition to my desk set-up, the Musiland SRC-10 upsampler. You can see its specs HERE . Should be fun seeing what difference if any there is feeding the Headroom portable desktop different bit depths and sampling frequencies (It can accept up to 24/192). I am particularly interested in seeing if there is a difference between 24/176.4 and 24/192.

Apr 10, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #80 of 112
Everyone, if Skylab has his TNS Sweet-2 by then, I'm hoping for some impressions (esp. with a HD-600 or DT-770 80 ohm
wink.gif
)

Apr 10, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #81 of 112
It has shipped - just waiting on it's arrival. Shipping from Canada has been taking a LONG time recently, though...

Apr 10, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #82 of 112
Yeah, I just had my longest delivery wait ever; 9 days for HD-600s from Cali using USPS. Well, technically waiting for my PS1 to come back from Canada took longer (2 1/2weeks), but this felt the longest.

Apr 10, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #83 of 112
yeah - I have had two overnight packages never even get to me! Apparently, the Freq have been having many problems with usps lately *not their fault*

* UPDATE * - It does not seem that I will have my SuperFreq's for this meet becauseof lost packages in USPS.

Apr 14, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #84 of 112
I have distributed a directions list to those who are scheduled to be at the meet. If you did not receive a PM with directions, please let me know ASAP!

Apr 14, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #86 of 112
If there are few folks who want to take the "EL", I could probably do a pickup at the end of the Green Line Harlem station at maybe 11:20. PM me if interested in that.

Also,some folks have asked to come a little early to set up - 11:30 is fine for that.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #87 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, now a question....

Does anyone live or pass by Evanston on their way?

I would be appreciative of a "ride"!

I should be able to give you a ride. I will be coming from the North.

Andrew

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #88 of 112
I have a choice. Come an hour early, or come an hour late (do to metra weekend timing)

I don't want to take up your offer of picking me up at the end of the green line, because I can take the metra and leave that for someone that needs it.

I guess I could just chill for an hour or half an hour at the metra station and listen to some tunes
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #89 of 112
Nah, just come on over, but I may put you to work
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #90 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a choice. Come an hour early, or come an hour late (do to metra weekend timing)

I don't want to take up your offer of picking me up at the end of the green line, because I can take the metra and leave that for someone that needs it.

I guess I could just chill for an hour or half an hour at the metra station and listen to some tunes
smily_headphones1.gif

Go early for gawds sake! Go early!

The more time the better.

When, oh when, will we ever do something like this in Houston?!!!??? Jeez! and with "O.G. Rock Stars" present and what not!

Sick with envy!

<"green with," ... doesn't even approximate it>

wink.gif

@ Aura : looking forward to your OCN reviews/comments bro!

[size=xx-small](proud member of the 0cNH36dpH0n3Club!)[/size]

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back