Chicago Mini-meet 4/19 or 4/26
Mar 14, 2008 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 112

Cry Havoc

100+ Head-Fier
Registration for this meet is closed. Looking forward to a great meet!

[size=medium]*** Update *** GEAR *** Guest List *** Update ***[/size]

I have compiled the list of individuals who are coming and created a list of gear each person has stated that they will bring. Here is the list thus far:

[size=small]Atendee[/size]
1.[size=small]Skylab[/size]
Host (Check his profile, it's a lot)
2.[size=small]Cry Havoc[/size]
HFI-780s, IM716s, C700s, Tomahawk
3.[size=small]Veipa Cray[/size]
Mac – USB – RS-1
4.[size=small]xnothingpoetic[/size]
Notebook, DA-151, D2000, Millett Max, ER4ps
5.[size=small]acidtripwow[/size]
SR325i, AKG701, voyager amp
6.[size=small]morphsci[/size]
Asus tablet, headroom port. Amp, stax SRM252 II & SR-003
Denon D2000, AKGs, Beyer DT880s
7.[size=small]Recstar[/size]
Meridian 508.24, Zana Deux, Vintage Grado RS-1, HD650
8.[size=small]bhd812[/size]

9.[size=small]Ray Samuels[/size]
Unspecified, B-52
10.[size=small]Germania[/size]
iPod Touch, Microshar, Visely hea-1 amp, K400, im716,
Superfreq, AT701 XP Home Amp,
HD590's
11.[size=small]Aura[/size]
E-MU 0404, Woody SR225's
12.[size=small]Absorbine_Sr[/size]
Opus 21 CDP, Zana Deux, RS1, HD600, HD650, MS2i, K701
13.[size=small]Audio Addict[/size]
Apache, Meridian G08, HD600/701s
14.[size=small]GLF[/size]
Shanling T-100, Curcio DAC, Bottlehead S.E.X., Senn 650 Grado SR225
15.[size=small]imported_p_o[/size]
16.(P)[size=small]Intoflatlines[/size]
17.(P)[size=small]Sejarzo[/size]

PLEASE PM me if you have been confirmed and are not on this list.
intoflatlines and sejarzo, I would like confirmation of your attendance. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

PLEASE confirm any equipment not listed here that you are bringing!
Also, if your gear does not need any room to be set up (such as mine), please specify. Thanks to all.

[size=medium]Update 3/28:[/size] If you are planning to bring equipment, and haven't already done so, please list what you plan to bring in the thread. We are limited on space, so I will consult with Skylab to ensure we can accommodate as many people as possible who wish to bring something to the meet, but I need to know! So please tell in advance if you haven't already done so. Thanks!

[size=small]We are limited to 12 people bringing gear.[/size]

Official time and date of the meet is April 19th, from 12 to 5, at Skylab's residence.[/B]
Cash is always good at meets in case we order pizza or go out to eat afterwards. =)

Please PM me to confirm your attendance. This way I can separate those that say they might be coming in this thread from those that are already confirmed.

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 112
I'm totally new to the community so attending a meet would be of great interest to me. I'm interested in A> meeting some of the locals and making new friends, B> listening to some equipment especially amps / DACs. I bought a pair of Grado RS-1s and that's all I have so far.

Mid April works for me. I'm out in the west suburbs... Bolingbrook.
I'm not sure what is needed for a meet as this would be my first one. We could get a conference room at a hotel (I'm willing to pay / chip in) or many of the suburbs mine included have community centers that you can rent hourly for very very cheap. Just trying to suggest alternatives in case we get more people than you are willing to host at your house (which is very kind of you to offer up).

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 112
I would like to attend if possible. Both dates should work for me.

Gear in sig, plus a cheap sansa clip. MAX will be upgraded as well.

EDIT:
Gear I can bring:

Millett MAX
Keces DA-151
Denon D2000
Woody SR-80
ER4p>s
+notebook w/music

estimated about 2.5 -3 feet of space if I am one of the those who can bring gear.

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 112
Okay, so let's set it for 4/19. Would you guys prefer out in the Burbs? We only have 4 so far, so if someone wants to volunteer a place or give me a rough area that's somewhat close for everyone to be at, and I will do some checking myself.

Please PM me to let me know your name and what gear you plan to bring to the meet. I will set the cap at 8 people, and if we go over that we can look into renting a room somewhere (which we may do anyway depending upon prices). I'd like to have a confirmed attendance a week before the meet.

Also, feel free to add the meet to your signatures. =)

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #6 of 112
Hi All:

I would be happy to host this meet at my house on 4/19. I can accommodate 12 people who want to bring gear, and probably 20 people total. There would be no cost to anyone. I live in Oak Park, first suburb west of the city.

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 112
As I mentioned earlier, I'm completely new to this. Please let me know what to bring. If it's snacks / refreshments or even cash to pay for the event send me a PM with what is needed.

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 112
Cry Havoc is our meet coordinator, but it looks like we'll have it at my house. More to come, stay tuned
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #10 of 112
Thanks for the invitation Skylab, I will be honored to attend your mini meet.
Please let me know what you want me to bring & I will be more than happy to do so.
Ray Samuels

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the invitation Skylab, I will be honored to attend your mini meet.
Please let me know what you want me to bring & I will be more than happy to do so.
Ray Samuels

Thanks, Ray. It will be really great to have you there.

And thanks to Skylab for being the meet host! He has requested that you all continue to PM me for confirmation of attendance and any other questions you might have. As the meet nears, I will supply those confirmed to be attending with the address, and I will assist anyone with directions as necessary.

At this point it doesn't look like money will be an issue, but I'd advise everyone to bring a bit of cash in case we decide to go out for food afterwards, etc.

I hope everyone can make it! If anyone needs a ride or travel accommodations, please let me know and I will attempt to set up something to get you there.

Thanks to all.

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #14 of 112
At the moment, there is a good shot that I will be able to get back home from Peoria that weekend.

Havoc - I'll let you know for sure if I can/can't asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back