Chicago Mini-meet 4/19 or 4/26
Apr 6, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #62 of 112
2 Weeks and counting
biggrin.gif

I made it to the Beer Nuts factory story and will be bringing some cashews.

For those also attending CanJam08, I got their shipment off as well so they should be there in time for National Meet even though I can't make it.
frown.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #63 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 Weeks and counting
biggrin.gif

I made it to the Beer Nuts factory story and will be bringing some cashews.

For those also attending CanJam08, I got their shipment off as well so they should be there in time for National Meet even though I can't make it.
frown.gif

Ahhh, the famous audio addict beer nuts, can't have a chicago meet without them. Now I am starting to feel real good and excited
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #66 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I missing something?

:|

Congrats on breaking the $1000 barrier. =P

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #67 of 112
Can you let me know who is allowed to set up gear?

I know Rob said 12 people to bring gear, but how is that determined and who are they?

I ask because I'd like to skip bringing down around $2000 of gear on the metra if it wont be put to use
tongue.gif
(although I don't mind if it would see some head time)

P.S.

Also, I still have someone's power strip from the last meet. I lost the PM of who contacted me about it. So if you are going to be at this meet, then please make sure you talk with me (i'll bring it with me).

Apr 7, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #68 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you let me know who is allowed to set up gear?

I know Rob said 12 people to bring gear, but how is that determined and who are they?

I ask because I'd like to skip bringing down around $2000 of gear on the metra if it wont be put to use
tongue.gif
(although I don't mind if it would see some head time)

Up to you, but I will do my best to make room for everyone's gear - I;m going to go buy some card tables. We should be OK.

Apr 7, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #69 of 112
cryhavoc,

Do you think it is possible to update the 1st post with the list of people who are bringing gear, as well as what they are bringing? That will give skylab a chance to insure he has the space to accomodate, as well as let us know who is bringing what.

Apr 8, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #70 of 112
Hey Rec, still plan on bringing the RS-1? I heard through the grapevine that you were entertaining the possibility of an HP1000.

I need to do some A/B between RS-1 and my SR225
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #71 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Rec, still plan on bringing the RS-1? I heard through the grapevine that you were entertaining the possibility of an HP1000.

I need to do some A/B between RS-1 and my SR225
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh yeah, I still plan on bringing the RS-1, but even if I get the HP1000 trust me this RS-1 ain't going nowhere
tongue.gif

It's a vintage one - brown headband. In fact I am looking forward to comparing this vintage one with absorbine's current stock one.

main.php

Apr 8, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #72 of 112
This thread has now been updated in the first post. Please read for a guest and equipment list!

Apr 8, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #73 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, I still plan on bringing the RS-1, but even if I get the HP1000 trust me this RS-1 ain't going nowhere
tongue.gif

That's very good news. Ever since I woody'd my 225's I've been really looking forward to comparing to a reference series pair to see if I'm anywhere close with my modding
tongue.gif

Also, pm'd you regarding a few things Havoc. Forgot to mention that the DAC and cans I'm bringing obviously do not need table space. Thanks.

The equipment list is pretty hawt, if I do say so myself.

Apr 8, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #74 of 112
Wow! So many comparisons I am looking forward to!

EMU vs Keces

Modded D2000 vs stock/recabled vs D5000

D5000 vs W5000

D2000 vs HFI-780

B52 vs millett MAX . . . ok, maybe not
tongue.gif

Plus so much more

Apr 8, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #75 of 112
IMO - the vintage RS1's sound better than the new ones. The new ones (even burned in) are much more piercing and less balanced across the spectrum. There is mush more of a Grado House Sound present than even the older RS1's. There is a much more full sound in the older RS1's.

Also, put me down for:
XP Home Amp (Morphsci is bringing it there for me)
HD590's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back