Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo at AXPONA 2015
Feb 12, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #61 of 204
I'm interested in attending this as a listener only. Hopefully there is some great gear to absorb.

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #62 of 204
Some bad news first. HiFiMAN won't be sending me the HE 1000 and other goodies :frowning2:

But it looks like Peter and Summer will be at EGX at a HiFiMAN table with their goodies. They are finalizing the arrangements so hope it all works out.

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #63 of 204
Hey Guys!  We got a hot one heating up for April. Check out the new flyer.

The most recent additions to the lineup include Astell & Kern, Resonessence Labs, Audeze, HiFiMan, Auralic, Ayre, Comply, Etymotic, Ginko Audio, and oBrovo with more on the way. 

What product are you most excited to see in person?

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #64 of 204
Some bad news first. HiFiMAN won't be sending me the HE 1000 and other goodies :frowning2:

But it looks like Peter and Summer will be at EGX at a HiFiMAN table with their goodies. They are finalizing the arrangements so hope it all works out.
Surprising. But great that they will be there. Wonder why we get the shaft on hearing the 1000.

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #65 of 204
Starting to look like a pretty great line up. Wish I could be there. Hopefully some of those faces will return for ChiUniFi 9...

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #67 of 204
The HE1000 should be at their EGX table.

What's EGX? Is that something at Axpona? Otherwise, the question is entirely valid.

Hifiman previewed HE1k it in New York for free. We paid for tickets to an audio show. If TeamHiFiMAN plans to attend and they're withholding their latest products, they owe us an explanation.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #70 of 204

Some bad news first. HiFiMAN won't be sending me the HE 1000 and other goodies 
frown.gif

Surprising. But great that they will be there. Wonder why we get the shaft on hearing the 1000.

The HE1000 should be at their EGX table.

Hifiman previewed HE1k it in New York for free. We paid for tickets to an audio show. If @TeamHiFiMAN plans to attend and they're withholding their latest products, they owe us an explanation.

@Keithpgdrb, I'm curious as to why you think you guys are getting the shaft on hearing the HE1000?  Has HiFiMAN specifically stated that they would not be bringing one to Ear Gear eXpo (EGX)?  If you're referring to their refusal to send Audio Addict a unit, you might be interested to know that they have very few pre-production samples to go around.  I don't have one here, should I feel that I've been shafted?  Jude doesn't have one, did he get shafted?  Tyll doesn't have one, did he get shafted?  I'm not understanding why there seems to be - to me anyway - a sense of entitlement here.

@Claritas, as much as you might have paid to be at AXPONA, HiFiMAN is paying orders of magnitude more to be there, voluntarily.  They are not obligated to be there, nor are they obligated to bring whatever you feel they should bring.  This is especially true of pre-production samples that manufacturers typically elect to display as a courtesy.  Simply put, what they choose to display, or make available for audition, is their business - in much the same way that what you choose to do with your property is your business.  They do not owe you an explanation.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #71 of 204
@Keithpgdrb
, I'm curious as to why you think you guys are getting the shaft on hearing the HE1000?  Has HiFiMAN specifically stated that they would not be bringing one to Ear Gear eXpo (EGX)?  If you're referring to their refusal to send Audio Addict a unit, you might be interested to know that they have very few pre-production samples to go around.  I don't have one here, should I feel that I've been shafted?  Jude doesn't have one, did he get shafted?  Tyll doesn't have one, did he get shafted?  I'm not understanding why there seems to be - to me anyway - a sense of entitlement here.

@Claritas
, as much as you might have paid to be at AXPONA, HiFiMAN is paying orders of magnitude more to be there, voluntarily.  They are not obligated to be there, nor are they obligated to bring whatever you feel they should bring.  This is especially true of pre-production samples that manufacturers typically elect to display as a courtesy.  Simply put, what they choose to display, or make available for audition, is their business - in much the same way that what you choose to do with your property is your business.  They do not owe you an explanation.
Sorry for the confusion. I thought Hifiman wasn't sending the 1000 at all. But it was just that he wasn't sending it to our meet. I was irritated that RMAF got to hear them but we didn't. But that int the case, so the point is moot. I Don't feel entitled as a chiunifi person. But I do believe the Chicago communiy should get the chance like anyone else. Which we are. So no complaints from me.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #72 of 204

@Keithpgdrb
, I'm curious as to why you think you guys are getting the shaft on hearing the HE1000?  Has HiFiMAN specifically stated that they would not be bringing one to Ear Gear eXpo (EGX)?  If you're referring to their refusal to send Audio Addict a unit, you might be interested to know that they have very few pre-production samples to go around.  I don't have one here, should I feel that I've been shafted?  Jude doesn't have one, did he get shafted?  Tyll doesn't have one, did he get shafted?  I'm not understanding why there seems to be - to me anyway - a sense of entitlement here.

Sorry for the confusion. I thought Hifiman wasn't sending the 1000 at all. But it was just that he wasn't sending it to our meet. I was irritated that RMAF got to hear them but we didn't. But that int the case, so the point is moot. I Don't feel entitled as a chiunifi person. But I do believe the Chicago communiy should get the chance like anyone else. Which we are. So no complaints from me.

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification on that.  
smile.gif
  I don't know if they are bringing the HE1000 to EGX, but I would assume that they will.  I hope they will, as it's very, very good, and I would love for you guys to get some impressions of it.  Also, FWIW, we didn't get to hear it at RMAF.  To my knowledge, it wasn't there, and the first chance any of us got to hear it was at CES.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #73 of 204
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification on that.  :smile:   I don't know if they are bringing the HE1000 to EGX, but I would assume that they will.  I hope they will, as it's very, very good, and I would love for you guys to get some impressions of it.  Also, FWIW, we didn't get to hear it at RMAF.  To my knowledge, it wasn't there, and the first chance any of us got to hear it was at CES.
I think I meant ces. Not Rocky Mountain.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #74 of 204

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification on that.  
smile.gif
  I don't know if they are bringing the HE1000 to EGX, but I would assume that they will.  I hope they will, as it's very, very good, and I would love for you guys to get some impressions of it.  Also, FWIW, we didn't get to hear it at RMAF.  To my knowledge, it wasn't there, and the first chance any of us got to hear it was at CES.

I think I meant ces. Not Rocky Mountain.

Gotcha.  I was hoping that's what you meant, because if it was at RMAF and I missed it, I'd be pretty unhappy with myself right now.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back