Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo at AXPONA 2015
Jan 31, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #46 of 204
I probably should have asked prior to buying tickets, but does anyone who has gone before know if each one has to be registered to a name?  I bought two 1-day tickets for myself and Tina, but wasn't given the option to list her as an attendee.

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #48 of 204
I probably should have asked prior to buying tickets, but does anyone who has gone before know if each one has to be registered to a name?  I bought two 1-day tickets for myself and Tina, but wasn't given the option to list her as an attendee.

I did the same thing. :frowning2: I've PMed Brian Hunter about fixing that for me--hope he comes through.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #50 of 204
The way I read their policy, the one day did not seem person specific but if you bought the two or three day, they are specific and no one other than the named person can use it on day two / three.

Thanks. I just want my special lady to feel most welcome in this overwhelmingly male hobby (not that I would want that aspect to change: preserving male space is more important now than ever). Giving her her own badge with her own name on it is the very least we could do as a community toward accomplishing that.

Feb 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #51 of 204
Hey everyone.

I just updated the attendee and vendor list into this thread. HeadAmp was recently added to the lineup and there is much more to come!

As for Claritas's badge/name question, this year AXPONA will be doing wrist bands in lieu of name badges so things will be a little simpler in that regard. 

If multiple people are on one order, just show up with all parties at registration to get the bands.

Looking forward to a good show!

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #52 of 204
You know, I haven't decided if I'm going to come out. It seems like it would be pretty cool, but the budget is pretty tight and even if I heard something I like it's not like I could afford it. Plus my band actually has a concert scheduled that evening. So... We'll see. Not sure yet.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #53 of 204
It would be great if UE was there with the new digital imaging technology for taking impressions.  I sent my JH13 into for repair so I could possibly be in the market for a replacement pair.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #54 of 204
It would be great if UE was there with the new digital imaging technology for taking impressions.  I sent my JH13 into for repair so I could possibly be in the market for a replacement pair.

I just learned today you can upgrade your old JH13 to the Freq/phase for a somewhat reasonable fee compared to replacing them so that is what I did. Can't wait!!

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #55 of 204
See you guys there on Saturday. I'll just be bringing myself and a camera.

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #56 of 204
I hope there are Audeze LCD-XC and Senn HD 700/800 to demo as I want to pull the trigger on one these headphones...soon!

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #57 of 204
  I hope there are Audeze LCD-XC and Senn HD 700/800 to demo as I want to pull the trigger on one these headphones...soon!

I can't imagine those cans not being there.  although I couldn't imagine hifiman not being there either.

Feb 7, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #58 of 204
My son and I are attending this year.  As this will be my first audio show of any kind, I will be present with camera and big eyes.

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #60 of 204
Is buying a ticket manatory? I really don't have an interesting in the show. I just want to listen to some cool setups, share mine, and shoot the breeze.
Unfortunately yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back