Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo at AXPONA 2015
Jan 21, 2015 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 204

Brian Hunter

Reviewer at Audio-Head

Hello mid west Head-Fiers!

We are planning on having a meet on April 25, 2015 that will run alongside AXPONA's Ear Gear Expo (EGX) at the Westin O'hare in Chicago. Please post to this thread if you are planning on attending the meet, along with what gear you plan on bringing and how many tables you will need.

The entry fee for the meet is the standard AXPONA ticket rate which you can check out [here].

One day passes are currently $25 (before 4/23).

You can also purchase a three day pass and enjoy the rest of the exhibits on Friday and Sunday as well, more information is available on AXPONA's site.

The exact location for the meet will take place in the Waveland room on the second floor of the Westin. Check out the show guide when you arrive at the hotel to get exact directions to the event. 

Cheers!

Attendees/Tables:

CyberAthlete -1
Fraggler -1
Audio Addict -1
Levaix -1
Jackhamm -1
ManBear -1
Kojaku -1
Claritas -1
AustinValentine -1
SoundApprentice
Bones13
Adamaley
WarrenpChi
Revered48
James93
GhostChili
Skylab
FatBox360
Keithpgdrb
Maverickronin

Exhibitors:

Mrspeakers
Noble
Pendulumic
Koss
Stymax
Sennhieser
Oppo
Calyx
ZMF Headphones
Audeze
JDS Labs
Comply Form
Auralic
Ginko
Ayre Acoustics
HeadAmp
Astell & Kern
Audeze
Auralic
Ayre
Comply
Emymotic
Gingko Audio
HiFiMAN
oBravo
Resonessence Labs
and more...

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 204
I live in Chicago suburbs so will be driving out. Bought my two day passes and will be there Friday (to beat the masses) and Saturday. Do I need a table? I plan on bringing my MP3 player and my HD650. Using my soundcard amp (Soundblaster Z: headphones plugged directly into the soundcard) to drive the HD650 at the moment. They support HP up to 600 Ohms and even at half volume do tend to get the headphone volume really high.

Part of the reason to attend is to check out all the headphone gear that will be on display. I mean where else will I get an opportunity like this in my home town. looking forward to meeting you all.

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 204

Rooms are already sold out at the Westin so most likely I will not be attending. 

I got rooms just now; if my experience wasn't a fluke I think what is sold out is the Axpona block rate on Saturday, but there are rooms for only a few $ more and the Axpona rate is available the other nights.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 25, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 204

I got rooms just now; if my experience wasn't a fluke I think what is sold out is the Axpona block rate on Saturday, but there are rooms for only a few $ more and the Axpona rate is available the other nights.

I just tried again and neither Friday or Saturday night were available at the group rate.  The next best rate at the regular Westin O'hare site was $170 for a prepaid rate, which means I could not cancel if something came up.

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #7 of 204
Wish I could be there, but I have exams during the following week. Hopefully we can get another meet going further into the summer! 

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #9 of 204
I will be driving down from Milwaukee. I will be there! I finally get to try out some MrSpeakers:)

I thought I'd fly to Chicago to check out the legendary Ghost Chili. 

beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 26, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #11 of 204
At this point, I should be there.  Not sure what I will be bringing, but my Bottlehead S.E.X. 2.1 and whatever DAC I have at the time (still waiting on my LHLabs Pulse Xfi...) are likely.  I have a newly acquired Kenwood KH-K1000 headphone I can bring since it is hard to find nowadays.  So I would only need a little bit of table space.

Steve/Audio Addict, it won't be a proper meet without you.  I hope you can find suitable accommodations and still make it up.  I'd offer to host you, but Darien isn't really that close to the O'Hare area, plus I might be moving back to the downtown area sometime around then.

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #12 of 204
My girl and I were planning on coming out on Saturday so it would be cool if there was a meet up at the same time.

What was the plan, just to have it going all day with the same hours as the show?

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #13 of 204
  At this point, I should be there.  Not sure what I will be bringing, but my Bottlehead S.E.X. 2.1 and whatever DAC I have at the time (still waiting on my LHLabs Pulse Xfi...) are likely.  I have a newly acquired Kenwood KH-K1000 headphone I can bring since it is hard to find nowadays.  So I would only need a little bit of table space.

Steve/Audio Addict, it won't be a proper meet without you.  I hope you can find suitable accommodations and still make it up.  I'd offer to host you, but Darien isn't really that close to the O'Hare area, plus I might be moving back to the downtown area sometime around then.

Wish I could be there to hear that S.E.X. again. Try to keep it around for the next meet 
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #14 of 204
I will be at Axpona and plan to stop by this meet, but I won't be bringing equipment myself.

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 204
I'm thinking about coming out for this. Not sure if I'd bring my whole setup since I'm kind of interesting interested in walking around, but if I'm there my Sig Pros will make an appearance.

edit: For being "interesting in walking around"... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back