Check out the new "Addict Uprock Headphones" - should I get a pair?
Sep 12, 2010 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

alexjholland

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I own a pair of M-Audio Q40s that I got on advice of this forum. They sound great, but have a very long and delicate cable that I have not yet found a short, sturdy replacement for. Either way, they're a bit delicate, expensive and big to take on-the-go.

I'm after a lighter over-ear headphone that sounds good, but also looks good - and isn't too expensive.

Addict are a British clothing brand I get a lot of stuff from, so naturally I was excited to see they have just released their own headphones at £45- which look great. What do you guys think of the likely sound quality? I can't find any reviews!

http://www.addict.co.uk/products/cat/headphones/

I can see myself getting a couple of pairs in different colours - I just hope they're a lot better than Skullcandy!

Has anyone head any of the headphones by brands like WE - CONSPIRACY either?

Thanks!

Sep 13, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 8
Yeah the Addicts look a lot like the WESC Tambourine.

Is there anything on the Addict profile to indicate their quality? Or do you know much about the sound quality of WESC or Urbanears?

Addict's clothing is certainly very well made and designed by them for quality/functionality - as opposed to being generic designs with their prints on.

Sep 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 8
£45 for that? I don't think so. You can do a lot better.

They're probably rebranded cheapies and even if they were good, I won't be a walking billboard with gigantic logos.

Sep 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 8
I'd be inclined to agree about the 'rebranded cheapos' comment, but (unlike many other clothes companies) they design all their clothing themselves. Their hoodies are the best I've owned, great stitching, all sorts of pockets and features. This leads me to trust their assertion they were involved in the design.

As I have so much of their stuff in my room I am likely to give them a go! Will review if/when I get a pair.

Sep 15, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 8
they might have stellar clothing, but I guaruntee you that a company does not go into audio, design their own headphones, and have them not sound like utter crap.

They might have been involved with the color choice, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back