Cheapest Alessandro MS-PRO?
Mar 7, 2007 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

wwap

100+ Head-Fier
Is the price fixed? I know we can get RS-1 far below the retail price and I have seen occasionally on ebay brand new RS-1 for only 550

How about the taiwanese alessandro dealer? do they have a better offer?

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 14
Hey! I forgot all about that Far-East dealer! I remember reading something about it a long time ago! And at that I believe they handled some new-old-stock. I do have to live with a bit of brain fade, so.....uh; I may be a bit off base with that.
frown.gif

At any rate; I'm afraid that through "normal channels" with the two Alessandro outlets I'm familiar with, they both charge full price most all the time. As a matter of(I think)fact, the only time I recall any Alessandro cans going for a reduced price was a few years ago when there was a special Head-Fi mass buy deal on the original MS2.

I did run across another dealer that sold new Alessandros, but they added $100 on top of the list price....not one for attentive bargain hunters for sure!!

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 14
isn't the sole point of sale directly from Alessandro?

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isn't the sole point of sale directly from Alessandro?

There are two of them! The other is the Bennett Studios who sells them for the same price as Alessandro.

.....at least when I stumbled upon their site like twice in a couple years, they were selling at the same price.

And then there's the far eastern dealer which I really know nothing about.
frown.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS-Pro's are rarely sold used.
cool.gif

True. I've probably seen no more than 2 or 3 units listed in the FS forum in the past year plus, one of which I bought back in late 2005. I paid $550 shipped for a used pair in mint condition. It has a darker walnut-colored stain and essentially near perfect woodwork. Newer MS-Pros have a lighter "honey-colored" stain and appear to be lower quality construction wise (eg. splintered edges). I say I got lucky to get mine.
icon10.gif

There seems to be alot of recent MS-Pro love. When I bought mine used, it was listed for a month before I took it.

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True. I've probably seen no more than 2 or 3 units listed in the FS forum in the past year plus, one of which I bought back in late 2005. I paid $550 shipped for a used pair in mint condition. It has a darker walnut-colored stain and essentially near perfect woodwork. Newer MS-Pros have a lighter "honey-colored" stain and appear to be lower quality construction wise (eg. splintered edges). I say I got lucky to get mine.
icon10.gif

There seems to be alot of recent MS-Pro love. When I bought mine used, it was listed for a month before I took it.

There's a lot of MS-love going around lately in general... guess I'll have to wait the heat out before getting a MS-2.

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep Yep ... definately in love with mine
biggrin.gif
Especially since I bought the Dared tube amp
rs1smile.gif
I might have to put my HD595s (about 300 hrs) up for sale because they may never get used again here
blink.gif

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
There was an Alessandro MS-Pro in great condition on eBay 1-2 weeks ago for $400. Damn I should have bought them when I saw the BIN price ... even tough I don't have a decent amp for them.

That's the beauty of Grado & Alessandro headphones, they still sound fantastic un-amped. So you can take as long as you need to save up for that killer amp you've always wanted lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back