Charlotte, NC Meet-Interest Check
Dec 19, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #46 of 85
Agree with the above. We will start to crank things up after the first of the year.

Yea that sounds like a good idea to, I know people are SLAMMED with right now either with Family work or both! 

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #47 of 85
After the January 1stt sounds good. The first order of business is to decide where, Wilmington, Charlotte or Between Wilmington & Charlotte. If Charlotte is the choice I'll volunteer to set up the meet at the Day's Inn in Cornelius. This is where we had the last meet. It's large enough, the price is reasonable and they discount the rooms for Head-fiers who come in on Friday night. Also there's a Bar on-sight and a good restaurant across the street. It's also easy the get too. It's located right at exit 28 on Rt. 77.

Dec 24, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #48 of 85
After the January 1stt sounds good. The first order of business is to decide where, Wilmington, Charlotte or Between Wilmington & Charlotte. If Charlotte is the choice I'll volunteer to set up the meet at the Day's Inn in Cornelius. This is where we had the last meet. It's large enough, the price is reasonable and they discount the rooms for Head-fiers who come in on Friday night. Also there's a Bar on-sight and a good restaurant across the street. It's also easy the get too. It's located right at exit 28 on Rt. 77.

I thought the Day's Inn worked really well. Easy to get to, lots of parking and the room was large enough for everyone to set up their gear without being on top of each other.

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #49 of 85
Late to the game here, but I'm interested, too. I'm in the Triangle, so Wilmington and Charlotte are equally easy for me.

I don't have much gear or impressive gear, but am happy to share my:
V-Moda XS
Fostex T50RP
Sennheiser 555 (I know, old, but still decent)
EA PA2V2
Massdrop O2

Hope to meet some of you soon.....

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #50 of 85
  Late to the game here, but I'm interested, too. I'm in the Triangle, so Wilmington and Charlotte are equally easy for me.

I don't have much gear or impressive gear, but am happy to share my:
V-Moda XS
Fostex T50RP
Sennheiser 555 (I know, old, but still decent)
EA PA2V2
Massdrop O2

Hope to meet some of you soon.....

I've added you to the list, and my friend all gear is appreciated gear. If it works for you who cares what other people think. We're more than happy to have you. Which city do you live so I can begin triangulating distances here shortly?

Dec 30, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #52 of 85
The list is getting pretty darn big between the two locations the list I've been making of everyone whos told me what they're bringing etc... is here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/790985/south-east-head-fi-meet

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #53 of 85
I'm still working on the attendees list, will the following reply to me either via PM or comment 

1.) If you're still interested in attending
2.) Which location you could potentially make (Charlotte or Wilmington), or we may find a nice middle ground between the two areas depending on locations.
3.) What gear you could bring. If you can't bring gear but still wish to come that is absolutely fine!! Just come and enjoy yourselces and meet other head-fiers
4.) Where you're located (city/state)

@DannyB
@thejammonster

@camui78
@dxanex

@tapedex

The list I've made of everyone who's informed me of the above can be found on the first page here. It's a consolidated page between the Charlotte meet @DannyB and the Wilmington meet @Mshenay has created.

EDIT: I will be removing names from this list as I receive word from them, also the meet is ONLY in Charlotte. Another meet in Wilmington is unlikely but @Mshenaywill be able to provide more info. on that front.

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #54 of 85
@Army-Firedawg

1) Yes
2) Charlotte is much more likely for me
3) Schiit Bifrost MB and Asgard 2, Mad Dog Pros, Fiio E09K, JBL 530s, SVS SB-1000
4) Hickory, NC; Columbia, SC (from Hickory but I attend UofSC)

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #55 of 85
Alright cool beans @Snuss & @jmourik I gotcha down 

@DannyB From the looks of the locations and interested of the majority @Mshenay and myself have about concluded the Charlotte will be the more ethical location to host the meet. And the hotel seems to be a great place as well. Also @jmourik says the library rents out venues for $40 depending out our size (which is looking AWESOME) that may be a great bet.

Another EDIT: Yes I know the list on the South East meet page is almost full, I will happily make another, bigger, one that I will most likely repost here seeing as more and more Charlotte is going to be the most efficient spot. SO FRET NOT my friends, I will put you on the list and regardless of what gear you can or cannot bring do not be shy in the least, so long as you can attend, have a great attitude, have some fun and enjoy meeting the rest of us audio geeks is all we (or at least I) ask from you.

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #56 of 85
@Army-Firedawg

1) Yes
2) Within an hour or so of Charlotte
3) Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Gumby), Woo Audio WA22, Sennheiser HD800 and Audeze LCD-3 headphones
4) Denver, NC, just north of Charlotte

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #57 of 85
Well, if there are no objections we can plan on Charlotte. This may also be helpful for those in Georgia and South Carolina and Virginia. So, what is our current estimated count of possible attendees as that will determine the venue I will seek to secure?

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #59 of 85
This is the list of attendees for the Charlotte NC meet.  I'll post who is located where so we can get a decent idea where everyone is so people can potentially car pool etc... Please let me know via commenting on here or PM the following:

1.)Where you're located (city/state)
2.)What gear you are bringing (if any)

*If you're unable to bring any gear, for whatever reason, that is ABSOLUTELY fine and ok! So long as you come with an awesome attitude, sense of humor and an excitement to meet the rest of us audio geeks, that's all we (or at least myself) want. OH but you can bring cookies. Everyone likes cookies!

If the list fills up IT'S OK!!!! I will simply make another one.

Name:
City/State
Equipment Bringing
@Army-Firedawg:
Charlotte/NC
Aune X1s
Audio GD
NFB 15.32
Sennheiser HD650
Bowers & Wilkins P7
Empire Ears Hermes VI
Shure SE215
Westone 1ts
@RastaDolphin:
Winston-Salem/NC
MacBook pro,
O2/ODAC,
cmoy,
Audeze LCD 2s,
akg k240 Monitors,
open modded JVC HARX 700s, Koss Portapros
turtnable and some records
@Mshenay:
unknown/SC
Hifiman Hm 901
ibasso Pb2 [LME 49990 x Dummy Buffers]
Audio GD NFB10ES2 via Spdif [Berhinger UAC 202 Audio Interface]
IPod Nano 3rd Gen
Modded Hifiman HE 4
Dennon LA D5k
Fostex TH X00 Alpha 
Modded w1000X 
Senn Grado
Modded Allessandro MS1i
Senn HD 25-1 II
Beats Solo 2
@nc42acc:
Winston-Saleem/NC
Schiit Yggdrasil
Schiit gungnir
Schiit multibit
Schiit lyr2
Schiit mjolnr2
Senn Hd-800
Senn hd-650
Beyer dt1770
He400i
Dx90
Fiio x5ii
Xdp-100r
iPod classic/two
@fatcat28037:
Denver/NC
Yamaha CDS-2000 CD/SACD
Woo Audio WA22
grado RS1 
Denon 7000 
AKG K1000
HiFiMan HE-400
FiiO X3v2
FiiO E11
FiiO EX-1
Sennhieser PX-100
Phillips Cityscape
@dailydoseofdaly:
unknown
Stax SR-007 MK 1 (700XX)
Stax SR-009 
Dunu DN-1000
Schiit Mjolnir
Fiio E12 Diy
Muses02 OpAmp
@vc1187:
Raleigh/NC
Senn. HD650
Hifiman HE-6 (modded)
Eddie Current Zana Deux
Glenn OTL
Parasound A23 (power amp for HE-6)
NAD M51
@kozmoboxman:
Durham/NC
V-Moda XS
Fostex T50RP
Sennheiser 555
EA PA2V2
Massdrop O2
Bose QC25
OnePlus One
Sansa Clip
@nimbostruck14:
unknown
Akg k7xx
Akg k612 pro
Westone w30
Schiit magni/modi
Vmoda m100
@Trae:
unknown/SC
Special DIY headphones
Emotiva Mini-X A100
SMSL M8
@G Tone:
unknown
Schiit Lyr2
Schiit Modi
Pillips Fidelio X1's
bravo audio ocean amp w/ Mullard,Amperex.and Sophia Electric tubes
Audio Technica ws55's
@Snuss:
Hickory/NC
Schiit Bifrost MB
Schiit Asgard 2
Mad Dog Pros
Fiio E09K
JBL 530s
SVS SB-1000
@jmourik:
Charlotte/NC
Sennheiser px100
Audio-Technica athn 7

@daverich4:
Denver/NC

Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Gumby)
Woo Audio WA22
Sennheiser HD800
Audeze LCD-3 headphones
@rhyyhm:
Charlotte/NC
Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs 3.2
Hifiman He-400i
Garage1217 Project Sunrise II (with Amperex tube)
Schiit Modi
@jfoxvol:
Charlotte/NC
Schiit bifrost MB
Cavalli L
Schiit Vali 2
Schiit Asgard 2
Beyer T1
Oppo PM3
Mr. Speakers Ether C
Audeze LCD3 (non fez)
@techfish:
Raleigh/NC
Sony UDA-1 (maybe)
@stockboy85:
Charlotte/NC
custom reshelled Heir 5.0s
Cookies!!!
@TheChillburger:
Cary/NC
Oppo HA-2
[size=inherit]Audio GD NFB28[/size]
[size=inherit]Schiit Valhalla 2[/size]
[size=inherit]Senn HD600[/size]
[size=inherit]hifiman 400i[/size]
[size=inherit]Fostex TH-X00[/size]
[size=inherit]AKG 240 Sextett LP[/size]
[size=inherit]Audio Technica ATH-IM02[/size]
[size=inherit]Vmoda M100[/size]

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #60 of 85
1) I'm for sure available to meet.
2) Charlotte
3) At a minimum - bifrost MB, Cavalli LC, Schiit Vali 2, Asgard 2, Beyer T1, Oppo PM3, Ether C, Audeze LCD3 (non fez). I have loads of other gear that you can check out on my page. If anyone wants a specific piece to hear, let me know. Probably won't be able to do the Yggy or Ragnarok. They are just too bulky to transport plus other stuff.
4) Charlotte

Also, I have a slew of stuff I'm getting ready to eBay. Since you guys are local, let me know if anything grabs your interest and I'll see what I can do on friend pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back