Charlotte, NC Meet-Interest Check
Oct 16, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #17 of 85
  Just interested.... What gear do you have?

And as a welcome, I am sorry for your wallet.

Nothing much, my on-the-go rig is an old ipod nano with an LOD cable to a FiiO E6.  Sometimes I'll play my flac files from my laptop with a SoundBlasterE1 DAC at work.  At home I typically listen to my Technics SL-1950 through a Technics SA-303 to a pair of Bose 901's.

Nothing much, but they work :wink:

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #18 of 85
Hey it all works everyone's gotta start somewhere but as stated earlier, being on this website, I am sorry for your wallet
frown.gif
. How ya liking Charlotte so far?

Also if we do end up able to get a meet going my gear I could bring is:

Sennheiser HD650
Garage1217 Project Horizon 3 w/ stock JJ ECC82 tube
Bowers & Wilkins P7
Custom CIEM that I can't name yet (though I don't think others could listen to this for obvious reasons unless someone knows how to make it work)

cheap(er) ones but still available

Shure se215
Harman/Kardon AE
Monster Inspiration NC & Diamond Tears
Sony MDR-10RNCip
Westone 1ts

EDIT: Though not a headphones I do have a couple speakers I could bring as well if any curiosity (check profile)

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #22 of 85
Interested too.

Don't have much to bring, a Sennheiser PX100. And maybe the Audio-Technica Ath-anc7.

jan

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #23 of 85
Danny, I recommend that you begin thinking of dates for a meet-up next year. I think a good time will be in January as the holidays will be over and some may have brand new gear. Also, it serves as convenient because there is usually a spring meet-up somewhere in the triangle and two meets in the same season can serve as hectic for some. I am down for whenever even if you don't plan it until the spring. I am just so eager to listen to some gear as I have missed last year's meet and have some small new goodies. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #24 of 85
I'm in for a Charlotte meet.  Not sure if my place is big enough to host but I have a ton of gear to bring no matter what.  Been in Charlotte six months.  Be cool to get together and talk music and try out some gear.

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #25 of 85
I am still good for a Charlotte meet. How much would it cost to rent a conference room at a local hotel? I am more than willing to help fund this if anyone is interested. My collection of headphone gear is growing so I have a few pieces to bring as well.

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #27 of 85
I am still good for a Charlotte meet. How much would it cost to rent a conference room at a local hotel? I am more than willing to help fund this if anyone is interested. My collection of headphone gear is growing so I have a few pieces to bring as well.

fatcat28037 has done several meets at locations on either side of Lake Norman paid for with donations. I think he said that after the one in Cornelius he had money left over. At any rate, I'd chip in again.

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #29 of 85
fatcat28037 has done several meets at locations on either side of Lake Norman paid for with donations. I think he said that after the one in Cornelius he had money left over. At any rate, I'd chip in again.

I have $121.00 left from the last meet to go toward the next Charlotte area get together.

The Days Inn in Cornelius was $300 for half the space we occupied but the manager gave me the other half for free because about 6 attendees rented rooms Friday night.
Having the meet north of Charlotte may be inconvenient for some but the cost is far less than being in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back