Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
Jun 8, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #1,216 of 1,326
Try again with the music app to narrow it down. Also try a hard reset on your phone( on/off button and home button).

thanks for the suggestion, but there seems to be a stability issue with the lightening jack on the iPhone. I've noticed that it loses connectivity with the lightening connection in my car as well as with other lightening connectors, primarily when the connector is moved to the left.  could be dust/dirt in the jack or a faulty jack. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #1,218 of 1,326
Got a friends cable you can try?

I have no friends.

biggrin.gif

After replicating the same issue now with three different lightening cables/connects, I am satisfied that the issue is the lightening jack on the phone. Either dust in the jack or a faulty jack for some other reason. It's subtle and manageable enough that I will prob just deal with it until Apple introduces a new toy as I would expect later this year. Worse comes to worse I may replace the jack on my own (there are several youtube DIY).

Jun 22, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #1,222 of 1,326
  heres a link so you can know the product number etc.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0040YQ3YO/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe you can find it on other sites as well.

Also http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002B9AR8I/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #1,226 of 1,326
  What output version should i get with hifi-m8 LX for an LCD-3? (XL4, CMB,RSA)?

I believe all Audeze headphones include a 4 pin XLR cable.  If so, then why not let that be your deciding factor...

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #1,230 of 1,326
I have been using the HiFi-M8 with my HD-600 for about a week now and I can also confirm that they pair really well together.  I bought an Auric balanced cable (their mid-level cable, they're now offering a Cardas cable at the mid-level point) from the Charleston Cable Company and am extremely happy with the end result.  I upgraded from a Leckerton UHA-6S MKII and the difference is significantly audible.  In fact, I am blown away, I didn't think my HD-600 could sound this good.  The only drawback is that I'm hearing pops in my (now seemingly very imperfect) MP3s that I'd never heard before, so I believe my next mission will be to re-rip all of my CD collection in lossless format...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back