Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #316 of 1,326
Quote:
Anything to avoid starting to clean the house Hifi-m8 pictures.

e2eneqe2.jpg

DROOL

Yeah for me it was a matter of flavors and the Fostex HP P1.  Jude spoke about it very highly and I know he was traveling with it.
I tried it and it was just one of those things where it just didn't grab me.  We all see and hear differently, which is also why I love
being engaged in this community.  We're all like-minded in certain ways, as the hobby binds us, but our individual experiences 
always come to bear when hearing these products - and they're all different.

All that said:
I'm completely jealous of you checkin out that pic!!!!

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #321 of 1,326
Quote:
I wonder if there's any portable source capable of feeding true 24/96 to the M8, be it LX or iDevice version.

Why not?  The AK100/120, iBasso DX100/50, HiFiMAN HM-901, ColorFly C4, and others can do it.  Just to name a few.

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #322 of 1,326
I cant confirm the unreleased DX50 or the colorfly C4 but the others named in DrSheep post are mean to be ok(ak100, ak120 and supposedly but unconfirmed dx100 and hifiman 901).

Also are computers.

And various android based devices using OTG cables and a particular app whose name escapes me at the moment.

RE: idevices Centrance is working on unlocking 24/96 ability from recent releases of ipod touches and iphones. Ipads from ipad 2 are possibly already ok.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #323 of 1,326
Quote:
Many people going to be/are using the Hifi-M8 with their IEMs?

Using them with my TG!334s and PF IXs.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #324 of 1,326
Quote:
I cant confirm the unreleased DX50 or the colorfly C4 but the others named in DrSheep post are mean to be ok(ak100, ak120 and supposedly but unconfirmed dx100 and hifiman 901).

Also are computers.

And various android based devices using OTG cables and a particular app whose name escapes me at the moment.

RE: idevices Centrance is working on unlocking 24/96 ability from recent releases of ipod touches and iphones. Ipads from ipad 2 are possibly already ok.

I might be wrong but I thought DX50 (unlike DX100) doesn't have optical output, meaning you're gonna have to add an adapter to your sandwich.
And  things like DX100 or AK100 seems a bit overkill as a mere source.

Computers go without saying. But I'd like to be able to use the M8 on the go as well, just in case.

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #325 of 1,326
Quote:
 I need to find a very good CLOSED headphone that DO NOT LEAK sound outside for when I listen in the bed...close to my wife.   Obviously my TH-900 leaks too much sound... :frowning2:

--> Any suggestion for the BEST non leaking cam  (best sound + least leak) to go with my HiFi M8 that I should get in 1 month (waiting list) ? 

I have in mind for example : Beyerdynamic T5p, Edition 8 , Signature PRO... ?

thanks for your advices...

Please take this with a grain of salt...

One of the main reasons I ordered a pair of Smeggy's Thunderpants was because how Jude praised them for how well they sealed and isolated.  I also found that many HD650 users had a pair to compliment them. 

And since you enjoy your TH900s, I'm also convinced that Fostex studied the Thunderpants during the development of their premium headphones, and know for a fact that they own at least one pair (Mike at Headphonia confirmed this) So, I would expect a complimentary sound signature.

With all that, understand that I have yet been able to confirm for myself (Not from a lack of trying)  So don't go by my words alone.  And also keep in mind that Gary has gone MIA.  So I highly doubt a new pair would be an option...

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #327 of 1,326
The Fostex/Denon headphones don't isolate well because of the porting around the circumference of the frame. While the Alpha Pads might create a better seal than the thinner stock pads, they still won't do anything about the sound leakage.

Technically, the Mad Dogs and other variants based on the stock housing of the T50RP are also semi-closed since there is a vent, but many mods partially block the vents and so heavily damp things that they isolate very well.

If you get a good fit, I remember the Ultrasone Sig Pros isolating well. Very good headphone, though a touch more treble energy than I prefer.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #328 of 1,326
Quote:
The Fostex/Denon headphones don't isolate well because of the porting around the circumference of the frame. While the Alpha Pads might create a better seal than the thinner stock pads, they still won't do anything about the sound leakage.

Technically, the Mad Dogs and other variants based on the stock housing of the T50RP are also semi-closed since there is a vent, but many mods partially block the vents and so heavily damp things that they isolate very well.

If you get a good fit, I remember the Ultrasone Sig Pros isolating well. Very good headphone, though a touch more treble energy than I prefer.

I haven't spent more than a minute with the TH900, but this is correct regarding the Denon D2000/5000/7000 for sure.  I had J$ pads on my D7000, and it still leaked like  seive, more sound in than sound out.  The MDs do isolate surprisingly well.  Ultrasones and I don't mix well together....

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #329 of 1,326
+1 on the MDs. Even in meet-like conditions (I am yet to attend my first meet), the MDs isolated remarkably well. One would be led to assume that the vent on the MDs would decrease isolation and result in more leaked sound, but that most certainly is not the case. If it were not for the slight treble roll-off, which I know the M8 can easily address, I would have purchased a pair on the spot. Maybe after I get my hands on a M8 I'll be forced to reconsider the MDs. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back