CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Mar 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #901 of 1,412
Hey hyunsac,
Quote:
Hey peeps, don't post too often here but add me to the club. Just bought a 1 year old Dacmini with +10 gain and Variable output for $700.  Not bad eh? Pairing it up with an HE-500, all arriving later this week. Super excited. My other rig is an HD650 + dacport. Eager to see how the Dacmini compares to the Dacport as well as the HE-500 and HD650. 

You did well - I'm looking forward to your DACmini CX vs. DACport comparison.  Look for any difference in signature, aside from a difference in power-related traits.  
smile.gif

Mike

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #903 of 1,412
Has anyone experiencing issue with the USB connection keeps coming loose on Dacmini? I noticed that the USB type B input on the back does not secure the cable very well. The power connector also not secured, I am not sure if I have pushed the cables all the way in but I am don't want to force it.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #904 of 1,412
Both USB and power connectors aren't loose on mine. Try pushing them in further , don't think you'll break it lol.

Mar 23, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #905 of 1,412
Has anyone experiencing issue with the USB connection keeps coming loose on Dacmini? I noticed that the USB type B input on the back does not secure the cable very well. The power connector also not secured, I am not sure if I have pushed the cables all the way in but I am don't want to force it.
same here, can never push them all the way in and I really don't think I can

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #906 of 1,412
Dacmini arrived today and driving my powered monitors. Knob at 7:30 for full volume. Wow, I've had the dacport and dacmagic for a few years, but this is noticeably better. Super high resolution, you can hear all the textures, light and airy but full bodied, immerses you into the music. Love this so far. HE-500s coming monday and HD650's at work so headphones will have to wait. This little thing is pretty amazing.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #907 of 1,412
Did anyone consider the Asus Xonar Essence One (standard or Muses) before getting the DACmini?  I'm looking for an all-in-one solution.  I'm leaning towards the DACmini since it has the features I want and I like the form factor.  Thanks.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #908 of 1,412
Quote:
Dacmini arrived today and driving my powered monitors. Knob at 7:30 for full volume. Wow, I've had the dacport and dacmagic for a few years, but this is noticeably better. Super high resolution, you can hear all the textures, light and airy but full bodied, immerses you into the music. Love this so far. HE-500s coming monday and HD650's at work so headphones will have to wait. This little thing is pretty amazing.

Yay!

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #909 of 1,412
Any recommendation on regular vs."high gain" mod for use with the latest revision LCD-2's?

I would also like to be able to use CIEM's with the Dacmini so maybe the standard gain is best?

Thanks for any thoughts, etc..

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #910 of 1,412
Hey Everyone,

We have a small quantity of B-stock DACmini for just $549.95!

*These B-stock units sound and operate the same as stock units*

B-Stock units may have small cosmetic imperfections, such as a nick in the aluminum chassis. They are fully inspected at our US factory and carry full warranty. Get them while they are available!

http://www.centrance.com/store/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16174

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #912 of 1,412
I have a stock DACmini (8x gain and 10-ohm output impedance) and it's a bit too loud for my Westone ES5 once you're past the channel imbalances. Also you can hear hiss.

The LCD-2's were great though. Don't think you'll need high gain mod unless you listen very loud.

Quote:
Any recommendation on regular vs."high gain" mod for use with the latest revision LCD-2's?

I would also like to be able to use CIEM's with the Dacmini so maybe the standard gain is best?

Thanks for any thoughts, etc..

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #914 of 1,412
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #915 of 1,412
Quote:
Hmm, I found the T1, Dac-mini combo too be a bit too bright ... Anyone feel the same way?

Slightly, yeah I'd agree.  Same with HD800, not bad, but not quite optimal synergy since the HD800 can occasionally be fatiguing without just the right amp.  With everything else DACmini is quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back