CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Aug 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #737 of 1,412
Quote:
will the dacmini have enough power to drive the beyer t1 or ath w3000anv?

Hi Nieveulv!

Kenny from CEntrance here. Just wanted to let you know that beyer t1's have been known to receive quite sufficient power from the DACmini. They are one of the pair that we use here at the headquarters to test each unit.
beyersmile.png

I do not have experience with the ath w 3000anv, but with a low impedance of 40 ohms, and a sensitivity of 102 dB, I do think it would drive them fine. We do offer a high gain modification for those that want a bit of extra juice.

Be sure to send me a message for more details on mods or if you have any other questions.

-KS

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #738 of 1,412
Quote:
will the dacmini have enough power to drive the beyer t1 or ath w3000anv?

Yes. These are fairly sensitive dynamic phones and dacmini should be capable of driving them to maximum levels.

Aug 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #739 of 1,412
I think I spied some DacMini marketing stuff with the T1s used for photo shoots.  That's a positive sign as any.  

I'm thinking of adding a headphone more equip for vocals.  Anyone here rocking the Senn 600/650s?

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #741 of 1,412
Quote:
May I ask if the dacmini cx is really packed without power cord ? Mine has arrived that way. Adapter was there just nothing with which to plug it into wall :)  Had to use some old PC cable...

Sorry about that appletree!

It certainly should have been there. Send me a message with your info and I will send you one.

-KS

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #742 of 1,412
Quote:
Hi Nieveulv!

Kenny from CEntrance here. Just wanted to let you know that beyer t1's have been known to receive quite sufficient power from the DACmini. They are one of the pair that we use here at the headquarters to test each unit.
beyersmile.png

I do not have experience with the ath w 3000anv, but with a low impedance of 40 ohms, and a sensitivity of 102 dB, I do think it would drive them fine. We do offer a high gain modification for those that want a bit of extra juice.

Be sure to send me a message for more details on mods or if you have any other questions.

-KS

HI Kenny,

So do I have to opt for the High Gain mod in order to drive the T1, LCD 2.2, LCD 3 and W3000ANV to a sufficient level? I may at sometime in the future acquire a HE-6 but I suspect even with High Gain Mod that the DAC Mini CX will not be supplying enough juice for the HE-6.  

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #743 of 1,412
Hi Lazyboy,

In my opinion, there is enough power to drive t1's and LCD's without the high gain mod. We have all of those for testing purposes. The W3000ANV should also fit within that categories according to its specs. Some people like to get the mod just so they have more headroom and can keep the dial a little lower or because they simply like to listen loud.

It has been reported that the gain of 10 mod does help provide the HE-6 with a more adequate amount of drive than the stock version of DACmini. There have been users that have used the power amp section on our DACmini PX to sufficiently drive them (http://centrance.com/blog/2011/11/04/dacmini-px-drives-he-6/). They are known as one of the hardest to drive cans and I certainly would love to try them out with the DACmini but have yet to get a chance.

Anyone else have experiences with the DACmini and HE-6?

-Kenny

Sep 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #744 of 1,412
I had the regular gain paired with LCD-2's, depending on the recording the volume dial was between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, but usually closer to 10. I certainly don't think increasing the gain would have been necessary.

While I haven't had the opportunity to hear the DACmini with the W3000ANV, they're a fairly easy drive so high gain wouldn't be necessary, in fact possibly even detrimental as it would lessen the usable volume.

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #745 of 1,412
the DACmini (CX and PX) also makes a killer line-stage with their "variable output mod" - just FYI.
I used it for a long time on my desktop system w/ my Macbook running Amarra Hifi (50 bucks) and my Audioengine A2's.
So it did a great job as a line-stage there, and when I went to my Audeze LCD3's it was also a killer headphone amp.

The ALO Audio Pan Am is blowin' my mind right now however.

I plan on keeping the DACmini PX (as part of my Audiophile Desktop System) as a reference.
It's especially cool in black, and, with a Red Wine Audio Black Lightning power supply!!!! 

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #746 of 1,412
General question to Centrance: Does Jay listens a.k.a. Jonathan still work for Centrance because I sent him a P.M about my Dacmini and never got a response. It's been about 3 weeks. Thanks to whom ever replies with the information.

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #748 of 1,412
Quote:
General question to Centrance: Does Jay listens a.k.a. Jonathan still work for Centrance because I sent him a P.M about my Dacmini and never got a response. It's been about 3 weeks. Thanks to whom ever replies with the information.

Hey Ptrok,

My name is Kenny and I also work for CEntrance.

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions!

-KS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back