Cell phone-fi ? Show us your mobile phone
Apr 11, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #31 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by yepyep_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k800i. The "joystick" sucks. The next model k810i has it fixed but that doesnt justify the price difference so all in all pretty good.

Strange. My k800i has no joystick problems at all, unlike my old K750i which had some responsiveness issues...

They were easy to fix though. Just turn the phone off and move the joystick round in a circle about 20-30 times. If that doesn't work, get some Electronic Cleaning Solvent and spray it in there before moving it round in a circle 20-30 times. Fixed it all up on my old K750i (until it got stolen)...

I find cellphone games are way better than they used to be. There's little, pick up and play games like tower bloxx, tornado mania, roller coaster rush, window washers, solla rolla, bomberman, cake mania... And then there's more intensive and epic games like might and magic I and II, Metal Gear Solid Mobile, blades and magic, delta force, devil may cry... And the upcoming metal gear solid mobile looks to bring graphics similar to the PSOne to mobile phones.

Theres' plenty of good games.

Apr 11, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #32 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really wish I knew about this model sooner. Now that's a cell phone.

Motorola hasn't made any effort to market the MoFo F3 in the US. Most (if not all) of the motofones being sold for $40 in the US are the south american version. Which work just fine in the USA and canada - it's just that they boot up initially in spanish, and you can then choose from spanish, portugese, or english language. which is mostly for voice prompts anyhow.

I think it's foolish that they don't try to sell it. There's certainly a market for it, and not just as a 'geezerphone'.

So many phones try to be so many things and fail so miserably at them. Sometimes, like my ericsson, failing to be a good phone at the same time.

I hear that in a lot of parts of the EU, you can buy one with pay-as-you-go service from TMobile for about $10. My friend in Bratislava paid almost $75 for his F3 a year ago and loves it. Bought his mother and his sister F3's as well.

One downside is that there is only one compatible hands-free headset, and it's not even stocked in the US. a few amazon vendors carry it for $20, and it's just an earbud with a mic on the cord. I haven't been able to find a 2.5mm adapter for the F3's combination power/headset jack. There also seems to be no car charger immediately available.

Apr 12, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #34 of 76
siemens-af51.jpg

It's a tiny little thing, with few features, but it works like a champ! I want my next phone to be the same size but be only as thick as the bottom 'section', i.e. part with keypad etc.

People with phones costing 4x the price have marveled at what is really just a budget phone, 50 euros is MSRP.

Oh and I forgot to add. For a phone made by benq (this was right when benq and siemens got in business together and agreed for the beginning to use siemens' older, more established name for branding) the design is surprising, the whole thing is one smooth relatively seamless shape, very apple-like, just a rounded off block, and nothing more.

Apr 12, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #36 of 76
new80003.jpg

Mine's smaller than a house brick, has a mighty 8 hours standby, allows you to talk for an extravagant 30 minutes, only takes 10 hours to recharge and costs a measly $3,995.

Here's a picture of me using this fantastic new device.
MotorolaDynaTac8000.jpg

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #37 of 76
I gots de LG Rumor

rumor_B_Open_L_ge_lr_L.jpg

... and I gotta say, I'm pretty darned happy with it. I wasn't much of a "texter" before, but even with my troll thumbs, I can jam with it.

My contract with Sprint was up, so I called 'em and said send me a free Rumor and I'll stick with you for another 2 years. They complied, I switched over to the all you can eat plan for $99 / month (thank you company expensing) and am digging this phone.

Internet surfing with Opera Mini is surprisingly satisfying. Gmail and Google Maps rocks.

GPS was a total bonus and it works very well.

Voice quality is just ok through the phone's earpiece, but I got a bluetooth headset, so that's that.

Music through the back ext speaker is a sad sad joke.

Last very cool thing is a 9 picture screen saver slide show.

It gits 'er done.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #38 of 76
Opps...looks like i need help again...

Can anyone help me pick up a Motorola F3 and ship it to me?

They don't sell it here and eBay sellers all ship within the US only...

PS: I am located in Singapore.

Apr 13, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #44 of 76
Al4x, you have your iPhone/Touch or w/e jailbroken? I've heard it's awesome to have it jailbroken, but after seeing apple say the firmware updates will screw it up, that turned the thought of it away from me.

Apr 13, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #45 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure there's something out there in terms of medical software for the N95. It uses Symbian OS, so programs for it is freely available and more are being made everyday. Wifi will allow for IMing, yes. Fring is a good IM software, and you can even set up a VOIP Skype account on the phone so that you call out via Skype instead of the cellular network.

Youtube is available on the N95 via Wifi.
smily_headphones1.gif
The browser has Flash available, so it can go to most Flash-enabled sites.

If you think the N95 is a tad bulky, the N82 has most of its functions in a smaller candy-bar format. Plus, there's a better flash than the lousy LED one on the N95. You lose the slider though (which I don't particularly like anyways). Try to get the black 8GB model or the N95-3, because they fixed the problems that were prevalent in the earlier 4GB models and have better battery life.

You're asking the wrong guy. I used to switch phones every 3-4 months, if not sooner.
biggrin.gif
I say go for it... it's a sweet phone, but try to get from a local dealer where you can return it if it goes wrong; that's one of the perils of a cutting-edge phone. You can get duds, sometimes. Mine's heading to HK with my dad, thankfully, otherwise I'd be fuming.

EDIT: Medical Encyclopedia like this?

You are awesome and thankyou.

I will have to do a little research before I buy either of the phones you mentioned. I hate when I buy something "new", and then find out that an even better version is on the verge of being released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back