Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Sep 17, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #1,621 of 2,133
Is anyone pairing the Ru7 with portable amps to use with power hungry headphones? If yes, what portable amp(s)? I saw the topping NX7 and G5, any experiences?

I connect the 4.4mm output of my RU7 to my KAEI TAP-1S, but I use them as a desktop setup.

Sep 17, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #1,623 of 2,133
Is anyone pairing the Ru7 with portable amps to use with power hungry headphones? If yes, what portable amp(s)? I saw the topping NX7 and G5, any experiences?
I have used my RU7 via line-out to power my Scherzo Andante and Centrance dacMini amps. Works perfectly with both using the SE output.

Sep 21, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #1,628 of 2,133
I had a similar issue. The problem is with the Cayin provided drivers. I posted in here a month ago about this. You have to rollback the driver to the windows native version. Once I did this the problems were resolved. It works flawlessly on my PC now. It is not a PC problem but a bad driver set from Cayin.

Hope this helps
Yes, you're right. The Cayin Driver is awful. I'm now using the Native windows generic driver after uninstalling cayin drivers. The clicking/pop sound is significantly reduced. It still happens from time to time. But it's not too frequent now. Btw with or without cayin drivers, i have not been able to use the master volume control on my PC when i connect RU7. I always have to adjust volume by clicking + and - on the RU7. Is there anyway i can use the volume control on my PC aswell when RU7 is connected ?

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #1,631 of 2,133
Yes, you're right. The Cayin Driver is awful. I'm now using the Native windows generic driver after uninstalling cayin drivers. The clicking/pop sound is significantly reduced. It still happens from time to time. But it's not too frequent now. Btw with or without cayin drivers, i have not been able to use the master volume control on my PC when i connect RU7. I always have to adjust volume by clicking + and - on the RU7. Is there anyway i can use the volume control on my PC aswell when RU7 is connected ?

Must be MS Windows driver related - since I don't have any issues using my RU7 with my Debian Linux PC (audio subsystem = pipewire, wireplumber, alsa).

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #1,632 of 2,133
Cayin.jpg

The big brother (Cayin iHA-6) has arrived, connected in a completely balanced way, to lend a hand to the amplification of the RU7. Little expense, high performance and with this I can now enjoy the RU7 even with the HD800S. End of game for me. Happy listening to everyone.

Sep 24, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #1,635 of 2,133
Cayin.jpg

The big brother (Cayin iHA-6) has arrived, connected in a completely balanced way, to lend a hand to the amplification of the RU7. Little expense, high performance and with this I can now enjoy the RU7 even with the HD800S. End of game for me. Happy listening to everyone.
Wonderful! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back