Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Sep 24, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #1,636 of 2,161
Anyone else have there unit stop working intermittently? Mine will display 384 kHz and not play any audio or get recognized by devices. It used to get fixed by unplugging it a few times but now it is stuck. I have been using it with my Windows laptop and andriod phone.

Sep 26, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #1,637 of 2,161
I ordered this dongle, but wondering about the most powerful/portsble headamp.

Is it Centrance Ampersand?

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #1,638 of 2,161
@Andykong I am experiencing click-sounds with my S22 Ultra that has a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor. The clicks/stuttering effects appearing in any DSD mode and I have used 5 other cables. The same issue was present with the HiBy FC6 that has been solved with an FW update. I think that this is an common issue for source's that are equipped with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1/Gen 2 SoC's. Hope that the Cayin software team can solve this with an FW update.

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #1,639 of 2,161
@Andykong I am experiencing click-sounds with my S22 Ultra that has a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor. The clicks/stuttering effects appearing in any DSD mode and I have used 5 other cables. The same issue was present with the HiBy FC6 that has been solved with an FW update. I think that this is an common issue for source's that are equipped with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1/Gen 2 SoC's. Hope that the Cayin software team can solve this with an FW update.
I have an S22 Ultra and have no issues. I am using the USB Audio Player Pro found in the Play Store. It was cheap to purchase. It not only handles all manner of hi-res audio files but also works with most streaming services including Qobuz, which is what I use.

Also, do you have the latest updates for your phone? I'm running the latest android and all the latest released phone updates. Just a thought. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #1,640 of 2,161
I have an S22 Ultra and have no issues. I am using the USB Audio Player Pro found in the Play Store. It was cheap to purchase. It not only handles all manner of hi-res audio files but also works with most streaming services including Qobuz, which is what I use.

Also, do you have the latest updates for your phone? I'm running the latest android and all the latest released phone updates. Just a thought. Best of luck.
Hi there, thank you for your the informations. I didn't installed the UAPP but will try it out today. I have two devices with the same processor. The S22 Ultra and the Tab S8 Ultra both have the same issue and are up to date in terms of Android OS. Do you have the Exynos or the Snapdragon variant of the S22 Ultra? Thank you!

Edit: I have had the exact issue with the HiBy FC6. Theey have solved the problem with an FW update.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #1,641 of 2,161
...for those who have always suspected that the RU7 was missing something to be perfect but didn't know what...
what it's missing is its big brother... Cayin iHA-6

iHA-6.jpg

... and to ensure that the family is truly united...

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...st_main.5.21ef3696a2XDs3&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

Sep 29, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #1,643 of 2,161
Hi there, thank you for your the informations. I didn't installed the UAPP but will try it out today. I have two devices with the same processor. The S22 Ultra and the Tab S8 Ultra both have the same issue and are up to date in terms of Android OS. Do you have the Exynos or the Snapdragon variant of the S22 Ultra? Thank you!

Edit: I have had the exact issue with the HiBy FC6. Theey have solved the problem with an FW update.
I have the Snapdragon processor.

Sep 30, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #1,644 of 2,161

This is a bit strange.

The RU7 was released after the Snapdragon 8 bug caught the attention of HeadFier, I keep a close eye on this forum so I informed Cayin promptly and we have fine-tuned the firmware to avoid the Snapdragon 8 bug BEFORE we send out the first batch of RU7 from our factory. That's why we haven't had any complaints with Snapdragon 8 CPU so far.

The problem appears in any DSD mode, so I assume you have tried All-to-DSD64 already and it is still shuttering?
Can you tell me the 5 USB-C to USB-C cables you have used? and the IEM/headphones and the gain/volume setting that you used regularly?
You are streaming with Tidal online? offline playlist? or playback local music files stored in your S22 Ultra?

I'll ask our engineers to replicate your playback condition after the holiday.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 30, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #1,645 of 2,161
...for those who have always suspected that the RU7 was missing something to be perfect but didn't know what...
what it's missing is its big brother... Cayin iHA-6

... and to ensure that the family is truly united...

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...st_main.5.21ef3696a2XDs3&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

The RU7 has a balanced DAC circuit with the shared line out, so you can use both 4.4mm or 3.5mm output when connecting the Dongle DAC to iHA-6.

The RU6 has a single-ended DAC circuit, and it doesn't have the shared line-out features, I'll suggest you use 3.5mm output from RU6, at low gain, volume 70 when connecting this dongle DAC to iHA-6

The iHA-6 has built-in a very high-quality single-end to the balanced converter (transformer-based), so it doesn't really matter whether you are using RCA single-ended XLR balanced input, the difference is hardly audible.

Last edited:

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #1,646 of 2,161
The RU6 has a single-ended DAC circuit, and it doesn't have the shared line-out features, I'll suggest you use 3.5mm output from RU7, at low gain, volume 70 when connecting this dongle DAC to iHA-6
Excuse me, did you mean from RU6?

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #1,647 of 2,161
This is a bit strange.

The RU7 was released after the Snapdragon 8 bug caught the attention of HeadFier, I keep a close eye on this forum so I informed Cayin promptly and we have fine-tuned the firmware to avoid the Snapdragon 8 bug BEFORE we send out the first batch of RU7 from our factory. That's why we haven't had any complaints with Snapdragon 8 CPU so far.

The problem appears in any DSD mode, so I assume you have tried All-to-DSD64 already and it is still shuttering?
Can you tell me the 5 USB-C to USB-C cables you have used? and the IEM/headphones and the gain/volume setting that you used regularly?
You are streaming with Tidal online? offline playlist? or playback local music files stored in your S22 Ultra?

I'll ask our engineers to replicate your playback condition after the holiday.
I am not sure why this happens with my Snapdragon 8 CPU devices. I have tested all DSD modes (64/128/256.) @ High Gain 3.5mm Headphone out. Maybe I can try to re-flash the latest FW?

I have tested my RU7 with the following USB-C to USB-C cables;

+iBasso CB18
+ddHiFi TC09S
+Stock Cable of Questyle M15
+Stock Cable of MOONDROP MoonRiver2 TI
+Stock Cable of Shanling UA5

IEM's Tested:
ddHiFi Janus 3 (High Gain / Volume 45 - 55)C
Campfire Audio Solaris Stellar Horizon (High Gain / Volume 30)
+Westone Audio Mach 80 (High Gain /Volume 40)

I am using both Tidal and Spotify, while this issue happens more often in Online Streaming Mode. The shuttering is also audible when I do switch/skip between tracks and when I do use apps like FB, Instagram or the Samsung Webbrowser, etc.

Thank you in advance!

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #1,648 of 2,161

Sep 30, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #1,649 of 2,161
The RU7 has a balanced DAC circuit with the shared line out, so you can use both 4.4mm or 3.5mm output when connecting the Dongle DAC to iHA-6.

The RU6 has a single-ended DAC circuit, and it doesn't have the shared line-out features, I'll suggest you use 3.5mm output from RU6, at low gain, volume 70 when connecting this dongle DAC to iHA-6

The iHA-6 has built-in a very high-quality single-end to the balanced converter (transformer-based), so it doesn't really matter whether you are using RCA single-ended XLR balanced input, the difference is hardly audible.
I'm sorry, but by connecting the RU6 unbalanced with an Audioquest cable (safe) to the iHA-6 the noise increases significantly, I go back to my basic setting, balanced high gain and volume 76.

Sep 30, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #1,650 of 2,161
No clipping at high volumes?
Music won't play at all, I'm getting a replacement from DDhifi so it may just be the cable. But even when it was working there was and I assume will always be clipping at high volumes through the balanced port when using iPhone, single-ended port worked up to the highest listenable volume for me (~75), so I'd use that with iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back