Jun 1, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #541 of 2,229
Well, I am using now AKG K612Pro:

General Specifications​

Sensitivity (dB SPL/V @ 1 kHz)101
Rated impedance (Ω)120
Audio frequency bandwidth (Hz)12 - 39500
Maximum input power (mW)200
IMG_3636.jpeg

And I have to crank up the volume all way to 86-88 on single ended. I don’t have a balanced cable nor AKG comes with it. It’s soldered into the driver.
Topping is better amplifying.

Jun 1, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #542 of 2,229
Do the DSD settings matter when the majority of my music is FLAC? I use KaiserTone on my Iphone with the option DSD over PCM(DoP) enabled but with FLAC files and changing the DSD settings in the RU7 should I be able to hear any differences?

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #544 of 2,229
A dongle does a lot less things than what a DAP does, so they won't be replaced by dongles. DAPs seem to be their own unique thing, without competition, and seem to be doing just fine. (not that I would use/buy one, while having a phone already)
Indeed. Modern DAP gives you a lot of sound post-processing configurations, some of which can be a game changer for choosing a DAP. Let's say some folks have slight left or right ear hearing loss, and I only saw the chanel balance configuration on latest iBasso dongle. Or you don’t like a BA timbre and want make less aggressive.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #545 of 2,229
Wander what I am doing here .... :sweat_smile:
I should have encouraged users, reviewers, and potential buyers to rave about the RU7, but right now I am spending a lot of resources cooling down positive opinions, I am not doing my job properly. :ksc75smile:
That one is very much obvious... :thinking: or you simply do not prefer the mini 1bit DAC dongle. mini is BIG or BIG is mini?

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #546 of 2,229
Indeed. Modern DAP gives you a lot of sound post-processing configurations, some of which can be a game changer for choosing a DAP. Let's say some folks have slight left or right ear hearing loss, and I only saw the chanel balance configuration on latest iBasso dongle. Or you don’t like a BA timbre and want make less aggressive.
Your phone should have a balance option in the settings

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #547 of 2,229
Do the DSD settings matter when the majority of my music is FLAC? I use KaiserTone on my Iphone with the option DSD over PCM(DoP) enabled but with FLAC files and changing the DSD settings in the RU7 should I be able to hear any differences?
Yes. All non-DSD music has to be up-sampled to DSD for the RU7. So, either you have your app do the up-sampling (if it can) or the RU7 do it. With your iPhone though, DSD256 up-sampling (set on the RU7) may not work without drop-outs, due to excessive power draw. At least that is what happens with my 12 Pro Max.
You can download the same music player apps as you can get on any DAP on to your phone, with all the same features. The benefit of a DAP is that you may get better amplification. At least you do in the $1k+ models. DAPs in general are arguably poor value though. Listening between the RU7 and N7, the latter is not $1700 better than the former. It's for people who wont baulk at a $2k spend because they want specifically what it gives as a total package.

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #548 of 2,229
Yes. All non-DSD music has to be up-sampled to DSD for the RU7. So, either you have your app do the up-sampling (if it can) or the RU7 do it. With your iPhone though, DSD256 up-sampling (set on the RU7) may not work without drop-outs, due to excessive power draw. At least that is what happens with my 12 Pro Max.

You can download the same music player apps as you can get on any DAP on to your phone, with all the same features. The benefit of a DAP is that you may get better amplification. At least you do in the $1k+ models. DAPs in general are arguably poor value though. Listening between the RU7 and N7, the latter is not $1700 better than the former. It's for people who wont baulk at a $2k spend because they want specifically what it gives as a total package.
Thanks for clarification, I also have pro max12, and I prefer it to Ibasso dx320x with dongle both.
Somewhat all sounds just right. Win based laptop same.

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #551 of 2,229
Your phone should have a balance option in the settings
Yes, iPhone has this feature. However, from my testing the user experience is that changing to a small amount of value is a pain in the ass (if you have iPhone, try to set the left chanal to -0.01 (-0.5db) value). Also, if you use Aipods Pro, which fixes chanal balance with its Adaptive EQ dynamically, changing the left-right balance on iPhone will break the Adaptive EQ on Airpods Pro. On Macbooks with dongles attached, it is not easy to change the left/right balance. Not all dongles will work correctly with Mac OS audio MIDI settings and will not work with apps like Sound Control.

I can't find the app for my iPhone that gives me the same sound configuration as Sony or Hiby Daps. No doubt, dongles nowadays sound good. But for me personally, they still can compete with Mid-Fi daps sound. It's not in amplification since I judging using only IEMs.

Jun 2, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #554 of 2,229

Users who are viewing this thread

Back