Cayin RU7: 1-Bit Resistor Network Dongle DAC /Amp
Oct 18, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #1,682 of 2,221
thanks for the replies, anyone else with rattling 3.5mm port / jack on their RU7?

The one I bought (it is almost 6 months old) has no issues, and I use it almost every day.

Oct 18, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #1,684 of 2,221
The one I bought (it is almost 6 months old) has no issues, and I use it almost every day.
Same here. Purchased 7 months ago and no issues so far. And I use the 3.5 SE a lot based on my Beyers and M1060s utilising this port on the RU7. I'm a happy customer.

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #1,686 of 2,221
I see.. so its kinda weird, some has rattle, some has no rattles.. 😅

Maybe some batches may have QC issues? If it rattles, perhaps the 3.5mm port is loose?

Perhaps try contacting the shop or portal you bought it from to speak to a rep.

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #1,687 of 2,221
Maybe some batches may have QC issues? If it rattles, perhaps the 3.5mm port is loose?

Perhaps try contacting the shop or portal you bought it from to speak to a rep.
I have tried asking for a replacement but got rejected by Cayin distributor in Indonesia because Cayin customer service said it is normal to have rattles as long the product is function normally..

edit :

@Andykong could you help?

kinda regret on how things going with the RU7.

I purchase this dongle with my own money, full price, not asking for a discount or any compensation for review purposes
and I got a rattly 3.5mm and Cayin customer services claim it is "normal".

definitely one of a kind experiences

*sorry for ranting

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #1,688 of 2,221
I have tried asking for a replacement but got rejected by Cayin distributor in Indonesia because Cayin customer service said it is normal to have rattles as long the product is function normally..

edit :

@Andykong could you help?

kinda regret on how things going with the RU7.

I purchase this dongle with my own money, full price, not asking for a discount or any compensation for review purposes
and I got a rattly 3.5mm and Cayin customer services claim it is "normal".

definitely one of a kind experiences

*sorry for ranting
Does it only rattle when you shake it?

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #1,690 of 2,221
got mine from Amazon over a month ago and just checked for rattle and there is none. Shaking it and you'll hear a faint tick but tapping it doesn't move the 3.5mm at all. Sorry to hear Cayin said this should be fine. From what I read on these forums Andy and Cayin are usually great with customer service.

edit: Tapping it I can still hear the faint tick. Not as loud as the video but it's there. Could be the same and the sound is just loud on the vid. But overall I don't think it will be an issue.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #1,692 of 2,221
just got the RU7, also rattle from the 3.5mm port

rattle is confirmed from the 3.5mm gold ring by tapping the 3.5mm port.

also when i hold the gold ring and try to tap or shake the dongle there is no more rattle, so i guess the rattle is from the gold ring on the 3.5mm port.

is this normal? should i ask for replacement?

also this is my 2nd unit, my first one has a crooked screen, i kinda forgot if the first unit has the same rattle or not,

anyone else can confirm on this?

@Andykong

I have to say, we didn't design the product to be treated like this, the way you shake the Dongle DAC will be considered abuse in our practice. This will void your warranty, I need to advise you to not do anything like this again.

For example, we perform drop tests on our product during the R&D stage. Most drop tests will involve pushing the device out of a table (750mm high) and letting it land on a non-carpet floor naturally. We'll repeat the test 2-3 times but that doesn't mean a user can throw the device to the ground instead of a natural fall, or repeat drop tests 20-30 times. In fact, if a user drops the device and breaks it, it will not be covered by warranty.

Since the video didn't exhibit rattling or abnormal noise during routine usage we can't conclude whether your RU7 is having a problem or not. The video you displaced here simply can't provide any ground to make a final judgment. If you hear abnormal noise in any form of routine usage, please contact your dealer and arrange an on-site test. You can also make a video to demonstrate the problem of your RU7 and send it to service@cayin.cn if your dealer refuses to help.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 19, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #1,693 of 2,221
I have to say, we didn't design the product to be treated like this, the way you shake the Dongle DAC will be considered abuse in our practice. This will void your warranty, I need to advise you to not do anything like this again.

For example, we perform drop tests on our product during the R&D stage. Most drop tests will involve pushing the device out of a table (750mm high) and letting it land on a non-carpet floor naturally. We'll repeat the test 2-3 times but that doesn't mean a user can throw the device to the ground instead of a natural fall, or repeat drop tests 20-30 times. In fact, if a user drops the device and breaks it, it will not be covered by warranty.

Since the video didn't exhibit rattling or abnormal noise during routine usage we can't conclude whether your RU7 is having a problem or not. The video you displaced here simply can't provide any ground to make a final judgment. If you hear abnormal noise in any form of routine usage, please contact your dealer and arrange an on-site test. You can also make a video to demonstrate the problem of your RU7 and send it to service@cayin.cn if your dealer refuses to help.
Hi Andy !
I have replied on your PM.

Yes of course I won't shake the dongle out of nowhere, I shake it because I need to demonstrate it to the customer service who thought the rattling noise is coming from the side button, but in fact it is from the 3.5mm port.

Apart from the misaligned screen that I got on my first unit and the rattle sound on both unit,

I have to admit the RU7 sounds spectacular.

Have a great day and thanks for replying to my PM.

best regards,

-Yohanes

Oct 19, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #1,694 of 2,221
Hi Andy !
I have replied on your PM.

Yes of course I won't shake the dongle out of nowhere, I shake it because I need to demonstrate it to the customer service who thought the rattling noise is coming from the side button, but in fact it is from the 3.5mm port.

Apart from the misaligned screen that I got on my first unit and the rattle sound on both unit,

I have to admit the RU7 sounds spectacular.

Have a great day and thanks for replying to my PM.

best regards,

-Yohanes

Please do not attempt to demonstrate your observation through abuse practice, your demonstration will not be accepted and you'll jeopardize your warranty.

I have answered your PM and explained the shortcomings of your observation in more detail. I don't copy/paste here because other users don't seem to share the same view on your frustration. I hope my explanation will help you out and you'll have the peace of mind to enjoy the RU7 with your favorite music from here on.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back