Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Dec 2, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #482 of 3,665
Hmm, I don't think they will do it if it means within Germany.
This means that there are still shipping charges, take a look at the page under shipping, it should be there.

I found another Swiss dealer but didn't look at the shipping options.
One option would be to compare and maybe pay less in import duties.
For Eu people the price is almost 1:1 at the moment if you compare the dollar.
And probably won't change much in the near future thanks to inflation.
That one could possibly make a bargain across the big river.

Thanks but the problem buying from USA is shipping fees followed by /before Customs duty then VAT

e.g Musictek - $249 + $50 shipping = $299
then say 5% Duty --> $314
then 20% VAT = $377 which is approx €332

Plus addition most couriers charge a processing fee... so no bargain unfortunatley:slight_frown:

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #484 of 3,665
Thanks but the problem buying from USA is shipping fees followed by /before Customs duty then VAT

e.g Musictek - $249 + $50 shipping = $299
then say 5% Duty --> $314
then 20% VAT = $377 which is approx €332

Plus addition most couriers charge a processing fee... so no bargain unfortunatley:slight_frown:
I just ordered from here in the UK:

https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/cayin-ru6-32746-p.asp

£238 delivered to me. Not a bargain but I'm happy with that. 8-10 days before their stock arrives though.

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #486 of 3,665
Is it possible to disable the volume keys on the RU6, and adjust it only via the app (UAPP)?
Read Post#1, High Precision Resistor Array Volume Control section.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 2, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #487 of 3,665
Awesome out of box ! Time and again CAYIN is doing home run !

@Andykong Why are you making us spend more money.. now R01 is tempting me :money_mouth: :L3000:

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #488 of 3,665
Awesome out of box ! Time and again CAYIN is doing home run !

@Andykong Why are you making us spend more money.. now R01 is tempting me :money_mouth: :L3000:
R01 is quite good. In fact after getting it, I barely listen to Lotoo PAW 600 & Sony WM1Z (these two were the most frequently used every day) because R01 sound is so addictive.

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #490 of 3,665
Well well what do we have here? 😀

Burning the little baby in, out of the box it sounds wonderful. I mean really good with neutron.
Sounds better with phone than ibasso dx240. Crap Pic. The unit is pretty nice looking IRL. Oh and yes even in this early stage this sounds better to me than W2 and S1 and earmen sparrow. Sounds better than most daps I've heard. Of course I'm just using iems nothing demanding. I'm comparing it with ibasso dx240 and in some aspects I like it more, but the ibasso has more depth and a touch more sparkle. At least I think it does lol.

Sometimes switching back and forth too much your ears play tricks on you. 😉 😢

20211202_143822.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #491 of 3,665
Oh and yes even in this early stage this sounds better than W2 and S1 and earmen sparrow. Sounds better than most daps I've heard. Of course I'm just using iems nothing demanding.
This was my assumption already. Great news.

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #492 of 3,665

Burning the little baby in, out of the box it sounds wonderful. I mean really good with neutron.
Sounds better with phone than ibasso dx240. Crap Pic. The unit is pretty nice looking IRL. Oh and yes even in this early stage this sounds better than W2 and S1 and earmen sparrow. Sounds better than most daps I've heard. Of course I'm just using iems nothing demanding.

20211202_143822.jpg

I'm glad to hear that, would love to have some more comparisons with W2 from you.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #493 of 3,665
I'm glad to hear that, would love to have some more comparisons with W2 from you.

After some more burn in. 😀 there can be some loud pops when changing volume at certain volume levels. But I guess that's how it had to be designed.

Plus I just sold w2 so that is from memory but I have no doubt the sound stage and positioning are better on ru6. And there seems to be no loss of detail either. I'm using oversampling but it still seems more analog like.

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #494 of 3,665

Sounds better with phone than ibasso dx240. Crap Pic. The unit is pretty nice looking IRL. Oh and yes even in this early stage this sounds better than W2 and S1 and earmen sparrow. Sounds better than most daps I've heard. Of course I'm just using iems nothing demanding.

20211202_143822.jpg
This excites me! I’ll be using my iPhone with a pair of custom Laylas that are being made right now also. I’m going to use the 4.4mm balanced cable.

What IEMs are you using? Balanaced cable or no? And what phone?

I posted my setup in here somewhere. iPhone12 pro max to camera adaptor to lightning charger (one side) usb to Cayin to 4.4mm balanced cable to JH Laylas to my ears. 😁😁😁😁

I’ll be purchasing the Cayin in the next day or so… and hopefully everything will arrive around the same time. 😁😁😁

Dec 2, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #495 of 3,665
I'll agree with the other two comments that it sounds awesome out of the box with no burn-in. It wasn't so with R01. It took some burn-in for R01. Let's see how RU6 settles down after 25 hrs, 50 hrs and 100 hrs.

Initial Impressions:
The soundstage is wide and holographic. The bass is quite impactful and I expect it to settle down even better after burn-in.

Compared to R01 I hear a little more sparkle in the highs. R01 soundstage is a little more closer than RU6's soundstage. R01 sounds more organic/analog compared to non-burned-in RU6.

I'm pairing it with Macbook Pro USB-C to USB-C and listening from the 4.4mm balanced output on RU6 with 64Audio A18t iem.

RU6 is small, compact and beautiful looking. I'm planning to use it without any case. Definitely worth the $250 asking price and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back