Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Dec 2, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #496 of 3,679
Well well what do we have here? 😀

Burning the little baby in, out of the box it sounds wonderful. I mean really good with neutron.
Sounds better with phone than ibasso dx240. Crap Pic. The unit is pretty nice looking IRL. Oh and yes even in this early stage this sounds better than W2 and S1 and earmen sparrow. Sounds better than most daps I've heard. Of course I'm just using iems nothing demanding.

20211202_143822.jpg
Are you comparing it to earmen sparrow balanced or single ended ?

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #498 of 3,679
Dec 2, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #500 of 3,679
This excites me! I’ll be using my iPhone with a pair of custom Laylas that are being made right now also. I’m going to use the 4.4mm balanced cable.

What IEMs are you using? Balanaced cable or no? And what phone?

I posted my setup in here somewhere. iPhone12 pro max to camera adaptor to lightning charger (one side) usb to Cayin to 4.4mm balanced cable to JH Laylas to my ears. 😁😁😁😁

I’ll be purchasing the Cayin in the next day or so… and hopefully everything will arrive around the same time. 😁😁😁

Balanced, Samsung s21, AK ie8t ii, rose mini 3 pro and hiby beans. Should sound amazing with the Laylas. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the sound. Ha ha.

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #501 of 3,679
I'll agree with the other two comments that it sounds awesome out of the box with no burn-in. It wasn't so with R01. It took some burn-in for R01. Let's see how RU6 settles down after 25 hrs, 50 hrs and 100 hrs.

Initial Impressions:
The soundstage is wide and holographic. The bass is quite impactful and I expect it to settle down even better after burn-in.

Compared to R01 I hear a little more sparkle in the highs. R01 soundstage is a little more closer than RU6's soundstage. R01 sounds more organic/analog compared to non-burned-in RU6.

I'm pairing it with Macbook Pro USB-C to USB-C and listening from the 4.4mm balanced output on RU6 with 64Audio A18t iem.

RU6 is small, compact and beautiful looking. I'm planning to use it without any case. Definitely worth the $250 asking price and more.

I myself am impressed with the sound stage and 3d like imaging. I never heard a dongle sound so 'big'.

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #504 of 3,679
I'll agree with the other two comments that it sounds awesome out of the box with no burn-in. It wasn't so with R01. It took some burn-in for R01. Let's see how RU6 settles down after 25 hrs, 50 hrs and 100 hrs.

Initial Impressions:
The soundstage is wide and holographic. The bass is quite impactful and I expect it to settle down even better after burn-in.

Compared to R01 I hear a little more sparkle in the highs. R01 soundstage is a little more closer than RU6's soundstage. R01 sounds more organic/analog compared to non-burned-in RU6.

I'm pairing it with Macbook Pro USB-C to USB-C and listening from the 4.4mm balanced output on RU6 with 64Audio A18t iem.

RU6 is small, compact and beautiful looking. I'm planning to use it without any case. Definitely worth the $250 asking price and more.

I've a n6ii-Ti arriving very soon - how long did you find you needed to burn-in R01? RU6 tempting still but I'll get to know R01 first!

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #505 of 3,679
I've a n6ii-Ti arriving very soon - how long did you find you needed to burn-in R01? RU6 tempting still but I'll get to know R01 first!
I put it in continuous play mode for 2 days straight. after 50 hours of burn-in, started hearing it on a regular basis. Also use the night times when you're sleeping to burn-in. It all adds up to get a ready player at the earliest :)

Dec 2, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #506 of 3,679
Well well what do we have here? 😀

Burning the little baby in, out of the box it sounds wonderful. I mean really good with neutron.
Sounds better with phone than ibasso dx240. Crap Pic. The unit is pretty nice looking IRL. Oh and yes even in this early stage this sounds better than W2 and S1 and earmen sparrow. Sounds better than most daps I've heard. Of course I'm just using iems nothing demanding. I'm comparing it with ibasso dx240 and in some aspects I like it more, but the ibasso has more depth and a touch more sparkle. At least I think it does lol.

Sometimes switching back and forth too much your ears play tricks on you. 😉 😢

20211202_143822.jpg
Are you able to directly access the RU6, bypassing Android's audios using Neutron whilst still being able to use the EQ and panning in neutron? I was able to do this with my LG V30

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #508 of 3,679
I put it in continuous play mode for 2 days straight. after 50 hours of burn-in, started hearing it on a regular basis. Also use the night times when you're sleeping to burn-in. It all adds up to get a ready player at the earliest :)

Perfect, thank you! Looking forward to it.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #509 of 3,679
For what it’s worth… that’s kinda my plan… just because. My Laylas and Cayin SHOULD arrive close to each other… just waiting for a refund to clear and I’ll purchase the Cayin… Laylas will be here in a couple of weeks… I plan on running them for 2-3 days straight while the phone is hooked up to the charger at the same time. 😊 I’ll try them in to make sure everything is in working order for a couple of minutes and that’s it… then just let them sit and burn in. 😊 What are you hooking your Cayin to? 😊

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #510 of 3,679
For what it’s worth… that’s kinda my plan… just because. My Laylas and Cayin SHOULD arrive close to each other… just waiting for a refund to clear and I’ll purchase the Cayin… Laylas will be here in a couple of weeks… I plan on running them for 2-3 days straight while the phone is hooked up to the charger at the same time. 😊 I’ll try them in to make sure everything is in working order for a couple of minutes and that’s it… then just let them sit and burn in. 😊 What are you hooking your Cayin to? 😊
The burn-in was for R01. For RU6, Out of the box it's been amazing. As I'm hearing it, it is getting burnt in. And when I'm not hearing them, I'll continue to burn them in. so the burn-in keeps happening.

I'm connecting RU6 to my Macbook Pro. Sounds so good. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. I've a feeling that R01 & RU6 will be two slightly differing, yet compelling sound signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back