Cayin RU6: R-2R USB Dongle DAC with Head-Amp
Dec 1, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #455 of 3,659
I got a shipping notice from Musicteck today. I can't wait to hear it.

Dec 1, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #457 of 3,659
Congrats on both!

From my side, I can say that almost anything can Drive the Laylas quite Loud. :)
Since you can see on how I’m having everything set up and will be able to charge the phone at the same time… how should I do the “burn in” process?? Certain sounds or frequencies at say medium volume for a few days, essentially? I don’t wanna turn the Laylas up all the way, cause I don’t want to mess them up… as they may not be in my hears during the initial burn in process. 😊 oh! And I’ll be running the 4.4mm 7 pin cable from JH also. I threw that in there today along with everything else. 😊

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #458 of 3,659
Since you can see on how I’m having everything set up and will be able to charge the phone at the same time… how should I do the “burn in” process?? Certain sounds or frequencies at say medium volume for a few days, essentially? I don’t wanna turn the Laylas up all the way, cause I don’t want to mess them up… as they may not be in my hears during the initial burn in process. 😊 oh! And I’ll be running the 4.4mm 7 pin cable from JH also. I threw that in there today along with everything else. 😊
I’m not the best reference for burn in. For me if something needs burn in, the manufecturer must do it, not make us wait 100h after buying a product to be able to have optimal performance…So my burn in is in my years enjoying them. :)

@twister6 mentioned 100h would be ideal for it.

I also think the volume level shouldn’t pass 75% during this period.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #459 of 3,659
I’m not the best reference for burn in. For me if something needs burn in, hthe manufecturer must do it, not mke us wait 100h after buying a product to be able to have optimal performance…So my burn in is in my years enjoying them. :)

Fair enough. I wish I knew the “thread hold”
Of these monitors… as I don’t want to have a failed driver due to being too loud. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

What I mean is… would the IEMs themselves, be ok at 100% volume, in theory? Or no? That’s what I’m talking about. (My hearing isn’t 100%, so that’s partly why I’m asking). I don’t want them to distort, OR to hurt the amplifier… since that’s the topic here.

Or would this be appropriate for another topic area of discussion? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #460 of 3,659
Strangely I found that using the lightning-USB-C cable that came with my Violectric Chronos I was getting the lights showing up on the RU6, but no sound. Then, trying the Cayin cable, everything works. No idea why. Just a heads up in case others find they're not getting audio out of an iPhone.
Can provide some comparison between the 2?

Dec 2, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #461 of 3,659
I’m not the best reference for burn in. For me if something needs burn in, the manufecturer must do it, not make us wait 100h after buying a product to be able to have optimal performance…So my burn in is in my years enjoying them. :)

I know that Cayin did burn in the R01 boards for like 150hrs in the factory. Maybe they do the same with the RU6? @Andykong

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #462 of 3,659
The blue case definitely more delicious. Haha. Just burn in for 5 hours. I will share the impression after 50hours.
20211202_103456.jpg

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #464 of 3,659
I think I’ll just let it burn in along with my Laylas at the same time. This way I can get the best possible sound with what I have. (As if it’s minute… for me anyway! Haha!) I’ll let it go around 50-75% of the volume. I’ll start a new general thread of my thoughts of BOTH the RU6 and Laylas and if I have any issues or not, etc. 😊

Dec 2, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #465 of 3,659
I picked up a RU6 locally last night and have noticed that playback stutters when adjusting volume. Anyone else experiencing this?
That’s annoying. 🤨 What are you connecting the dongle to?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back