Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Feb 26, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #691 of 5,538
OMG. I am at CanJam NYC. I got into the Musicteck booth. I was the first to hear the N8ii. I listened to 3 tracks and I came up to my room to place an order. First batch is already sold out.

Don't read the reviews. Just buy it. It has the clearest, most vivid and revealing sound with deep, clean bass I have heard in a DAP. I need to sit this side by side with the DMP. I think the DMP might be better, but not by much.

I promised I would only buy it if it blew me away and that it did. Alex was right.

Dayum.

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #692 of 5,538
OMG. I am at CanJam NYC. I got into the Musicteck booth. I was the first to hear the N8ii. I listened to 3 tracks and I came up to my room to place an order. First batch is already sold out.

Don't read the reviews. Just buy it. It has the clearest, most vivid and revealing sound with deep, clean bass I have heard in a DAP. I need to sit this side by side with the DMP. I think the DMP might be better, but not by much.

I promised I would only buy it if it blew me away and that it did. Alex was right.

That's wonderful, fantastic, brilliant, ..... sorry, my circuit is shorted.

If you have taken some photo, please share it here.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 26, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #693 of 5,538

You promised us RS6 + C9 vs N8ii. Go!

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #694 of 5,538

HUZZAH!

1645890422143.gif

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #695 of 5,538
Wow. I’m more of a lurker here, but I think I was the second person to hear the N8ii. Initial plan: I’ll listen to it today, but will be patient until some reviews come out and MAYBE order it months out, apply patience and all. ALL that went out the window, lol! Also went up to my room to place an order. Damn, wallet is gonna hurt. For reference, I had an N8 couple of years ago, sold it. But this seems to be a refined, upgraded version of that. Snappy. Amazing sound. DAMN!

Feb 26, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #697 of 5,538

That is impressive! What headphones/IEMs did you demo with?

Feb 26, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #699 of 5,538

Andddd

Did you

Buy it ?

Feb 26, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #700 of 5,538
When the original N8 has the connector on the top panel, we recieved a lot of request to put them at the bottom, so that the headphone cable can run downward smoothly instead of curving from the top to the bottom of player and then to the ears.

Not sure if this can solve your problem: lock the volume control of N8ii, connect your mobile phone to N8ii via HibyLink, and control playback and volume from your mobile phone. If you are unfamiliar with HiBylink, check it out HERE.

This should sort out your volume control problem on local library, unfortunately HiByLink cannot control volume of third party applications, if streaming is your main music source, this won't work.
If I remember correctly, the Hibylink function would only work for Android phones and not iPhones. By the way when is the release date for Hong Kong?

Feb 26, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #701 of 5,538

Wow after 3 songs. Thats exciting. Was the first batch sold out before or after you order? The shipping date on the website appears to be the same.

Feb 26, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #702 of 5,538
Wow. I’m more of a lurker here, but I think I was the second person to hear the N8ii. Initial plan: I’ll listen to it today, but will be patient until some reviews come out and MAYBE order it months out, apply patience and all. ALL that went out the window, lol! Also went up to my room to place an order. Damn, wallet is gonna hurt. For reference, I had an N8 couple of years ago, sold it. But this seems to be a refined, upgraded version of that. Snappy. Amazing sound. DAMN!

Its good to hear consumer impressions. The hype is real.

Feb 26, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #703 of 5,538
CanJam New York just open-door, if anyone is there already, please take a photo of the N8ii demo setup and post it here, many thanks. :beerchug:
Just got done spending 3.5 hours in the Musicteck booth.

Here is a picture of the set up I am buying: N8ii + EXT + FT cable

N8ii FT EXT.jpg

Feb 26, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #704 of 5,538
You promised us RS6 + C9 vs N8ii. Go!
It's not even in the same league. This is the first time that I think a portable system may actually sound better than my desktop. @Rockwell75 is going to die when he here's the pairing I just posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back