Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Apr 11, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #5,536 of 5,538
I have 15 DAPS, and I've always used SanDisk without issue. I suspect @Andykong is correct that it's the player. I have installed other players and I don't have the issue with them, but I want to be able to use the stock app in the player.

The interesting point is, I tested the gapless function of N8ii last night with the stock music app, and others have also shared their experience regarding the gapless function of N8ii, we don't share the same problem.

There is one way to verify whether the problem is related to the SD card. Copy the album into the internal storage of your N8ii and play it locally from internal storage. If the problem has improved, then we can conclude that at least part of the problem are SD card related.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 11, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #5,537 of 5,538
The Hiby Music App and Cayin Music App work fine with our DAP, we have the convenience of receiving immediate support from the developer when we run into any problem. Quality of playback is definitely the primary consideration but the decision included a lot of consideration covering pricing, availability, and long-term collaboration. There are dozens of Music Player apps in the market, I dare not claim that HiBy Music App or Cayin Music App is the best among all, especially when there are features and ways of getting things done that fit different user preferences. Some users even prefer the sound signature of other music player apps over Cayin or HiBy Music player app. So I think we should maintain an open mind when we select our music player app in an Android-based DAP.
Which is precisely why I’m trying to make an effort to get that app working properly. I appreciate the explanation. My hope is to find out if I have a setting wrong, or perhaps there’s some other issue (like the card not being formatted properly). Troubleshooting to this point seems to suggest it’s the app.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #5,538 of 5,538
The Course of Vacuum Tubes in Cayin Portable Personal Audio, and a Glimpse to the Future
This article is an English rewritten of a Weibo update from Thomas Liang, CEO of Cayin Audio. He has had some very interesting discussions regarding the positioning and implementation of our vacuum tube DAPs with fellow Cayin users on our Wechat User Groups. To facilitate further discussion, he decided to document the milestones on how and when Cayin has developed our Vacuum Tube products on portable Personal Audio applications over the years. I find the article very useful as I have also been actively interacting with a lot of "headfiers" and we quoted previous Cayin products repeatedly during our exchanges. So I rewrote the article and made it available to all friends and users of Cayin Audio.

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

1712842605799.jpeg

Image courtesy of a dedicated Cayin user from our Wechat User Group.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back